Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 23, 2024, 12:46:41 AM
715449 Posts in 53138 Topics by 7762 Members
Latest Member: HoustonJac
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Shoulda , coulda, woulda, but didn't!!! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Shoulda , coulda, woulda, but didn't!!!  (Read 2435 times)
BlackAngel
« on: January 24, 2003, 12:29:12 AM »

I'm thumbing through the pages of Maxim just now and I was reading the Movie Secrets article.  There was this side bar/quiz about actors and the roles that came this close to getting.  Some of  which makes some sense, while others will make you scratch your head.  Let's put these in bed and see if R. Kelly will sleep with them (lol):

1. Stephen Baldwin could of been Jack Traven in Speed (that could of worked)

2. Christopher Walken could of been Han Solo in Star Wars ( I don't think so)

3. O. J. Simpson could of been The Terminator (well, ever since that double homicide...)

4. Kyle MacLachlan could of been Chris in Platoon (I could see that)

5. Burt Reynolds could of been Michael Corleone in the Godfather (I don't think so either)

6. Chris O'Donnell could of been Agent J in MIB (maybe)

7. Michelle Pfeiffer could of been Clarice Starling in Silence of the Lambs ( hell yeah)

8. Milla Jovovich could of been Natalie in Charlie's Angels (and still shaking no ass to Sir Mix-a-lot's Baby Got Back.  Hey, I like big butts, and I cannot lie.)

Any b***hes, gripes, etc.?
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meteor Man can kick Superman's ass.
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2003, 07:45:57 AM »

The Great Rock 'n' Roll Swindle, the Sex Pistols' feature film, was originally slated to be directed by Russ Meyer. My head swims just contemplating what that might have been like.

Also, One-Eyed Jacks was originally going to be written by Sam Pekinpah and directed by Stanley Kubrick, but both were fired because Marlon Brando wanted to try his hand at writing and directing. Imagine being in the position where you can just casually kick off two of the most legendarily intimidating filmmakers of all time just to indulge a wish like that.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
raj
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2003, 12:21:58 PM »

And of course, Ronald Reagan was originally slated for Humphrey Bogart's role in Casablanca*  Imagine if Bogie then decided to get into politics.  Bogie as president, and Lauren Bacall as First Lady.  yowzah!

* I think that is somewhat of an urban legend, but still. . .
Scott0
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2003, 03:16:35 PM »

Martin Sheen could have been Fredo in the Godfather. And James Caan could have been cast as Michael. Watch the extras in the DVD to get some cool stuff.

Scottie

Kangaroo Jack #1 in the box office? Let the revolution against Hollywood begin.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2003, 04:37:49 PM »

Stephen Baldwin can screw up just about any role . . .

Christopher Walken is cool, but he's no Han Solo . . .

OJ Simpson is a worse actor than Arnold . . .

Kyle M. - something about his hairstyle bothers me . . .

Burt Reynolds would have made a terrible Michael Corleone, but he would have been better than either Robert Redford or Ryan O'Neal (who were also up for the role) . . .

Chris O'Donnell . . . should have played Spider-Man instead of wasting his time as Robin . . .

Milla J . . . she could be good as one of the Angels . . .

Other "almosts" include Michael Sarrazin as Joe Buck in MIDNIGHT COWBOY, Jmaes Caan as Rocky Balboa in ROCKY and Frank Sinatra as DIRTY HARRY

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Fearless Freep

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2003, 05:28:59 PM »

I think Cary Grant was originally supposed to play Rhett in "Gone With The Wind" and he made a quip that if Clarke Gable wanted to throw away his career on that one he was welcome to it.

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
BlackAngel
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2003, 06:12:10 PM »

Joe said:

Chris O'Donnell...shoudle played Spider-Man instead of wasting his time as Robin...

I've been saying that ever since that movie was a fantasy in every comic book fanboys' head.  Glad I'm not the only one.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meteor Man can kick Superman's ass
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2003, 12:00:38 AM »

Just remembered an amazing one: A Clockwork Orange was originally concieved as a vehicle for the Rolling Stones (I imagine they'd be the droogs, with Mick as Alex), with Ken Russell set to direct.

-Vermin Boy

Susan
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2003, 11:58:17 AM »

Robert Redford, Steve McQueen and Paul Newman all turned down a $4 Million contract offer to play the lead in "Superman". Christopher Reeve, who wasn't well known, took the part for a mere $250,000.

Tom Selleck was originally cast as Indiana Jones, but was committed to Magnum P.I. and didn't take the part.

Scotty Xtreme
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2003, 04:42:17 PM »

I heard that Jeffrey Combs was one of the choices for Commander Riker on Star Trek: The Next Generation.  As much as I like Combs, I just couldn't see him in that part.
Fearless Freep

« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2003, 07:09:11 PM »

Peirce Brosnan was to succeed Roger Moore as James Bond but had "Remington Steele" commitments so it went to Timothy Dalton for a few movies

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: January 26, 2003, 08:14:15 PM »

Similarly, I'm pretty sure Moore was the first choice for Bond in Dr. No, but had The Saint commitments.

-Vermin Boy

Pete B6K
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2003, 07:26:31 AM »

'Suburban Commando', the Hulk Hogan film was originally meant for Arnie and Danny DeVito, but they decided to make 'Twins' and the meathead was brought in.

Pete
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2003, 06:06:34 PM »

supposedly both Sinatra and John Wayne turned down Dirty Harry, and Elvis was considered for the Midnight Cowboy role.

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2003, 10:15:24 PM »

I know all about the Han Solo thing. First, It was Walkens. When he gave up the role, Richard Dreyfus was according to George Lucas the best for the role.

Thats right, Mr. Holland was going to be Han Solo.

Harrison Ford, was actually helping to build the set of Star Wars since he was originally a carpenter. Lucas decided to hold open auditions for the role and, no surprise beat out Dryfuss and started his career.

Dont feel bad for Dreyfus theough, when he was cut out of this, he made a little film called Jaws.

And Walken, well, I hear he was in Annie Hall for 2 seconds.

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Shoulda , coulda, woulda, but didn't!!! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.