Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:32:04 AM
714503 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The New Matrix Previews... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The New Matrix Previews...  (Read 1316 times)
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« on: January 29, 2003, 02:53:18 PM »

If you watched the Superbowl like I did, you most likely saw the new previews for the 2 new Matrix films coming out this year.

Well, what do you think!?

They look totally RAD!!!!!!!

The scene that shows Neo taking on all those agents by himself as they swarm him looks like a MUST SEE!!!

I'm hopeful that these next two will outclass the 1st one in every possible aspect.

And what a cool treat too!  
Two Matrix films IN ONE YEAR!!
(did you notice the release dates for both of them??)

Pete B6K
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2003, 02:56:18 PM »

I hear they went crazy with budget, particularly in in scenes like the big car chase, that they've pumped so much money and effort into, it'll be a long time before any film can out-do them.  They do look hellish cool.

Pete
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2003, 06:52:03 PM »

Hmm, I just wonder what the point is. Why even try to fight Neo anymore?? He is God. Oh well. I am looking forward to them.

Did anyone else notice how stupid Terminator 3 looks????

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Funk, E.
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2003, 08:34:29 PM »

I don't care if they spend a billion dollars on that movie Keanu Reeves will ruin it.
Neon Noodle
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2003, 08:51:42 PM »

Well, no one ever accused Keanu Reeves of being a great actor. The Matrix is more of a movie about the midlife crisis than anything else. That and some awe-
inspiring special effects.

Even if Keanu can't act his way out of a gunnysack, the bullettime effects and other various eye candy will keep us watching.
Are we doomed to a life of cubicles? Not Mr. Anderson - he's got the Red Pill!

Evan3, no question, the next Terminator movie looked seriously lame.

Hoerver, the trailer at www.apple.com/trailers looked sweet at first....
Fearless Freep

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2003, 09:39:48 PM »

"Welcome To Rivendell, Mr Anderson"

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2003, 03:28:01 AM »

The trailer for Terminator 3 did, in fact, look wicked lame. It looks like a TV movie sequel to a theatrical release film. You know, everyone's wearing the same clothes and everything, but the production values just aren't there. Kinda like Logan's Run or the V tv series.

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Bernie
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2003, 03:32:46 PM »

Plus Arnold just does not look healthy.
xxSilverHxX
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2003, 04:04:09 PM »

T3 will be good.
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2003, 01:53:02 PM »

T3 will be good??? Are you trying to give me a heart attack? Are you some sort of company spy trying to get people to see this movie??? The first Terminator was merely decent. The second is such a great movie that was taken seriously. T3 is just an attempt for arnold to try to rebuild his career. Unfortunately for Arnie, he ruined his career by doing more than  one awful movie with Satan (I mean Danny DeVito, I wouldnt want to offend Satan.)

Anyways, has that guy who plays the Agent been in any other movies besides Matrix and LOTR??????? Why does he always play human hating character??? Is he even human, or is he really Danny DeVito

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Neon Noodle
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2003, 07:35:32 PM »

Evan3 wrote:
>
> T3 will be good??? Are you trying to give me a heart attack?
> Are you some sort of company spy trying to get people to see
> this movie??? The first Terminator was merely decent. The
> second is such a great movie that was taken seriously.

Okay, I just gotta throw this. Cameron says that he feels like sequel movies should be able to stand on their own without having to see the previous one.

Well, T1 said only living things could go back in time, hence why Reece and the CSM-101 model were able to go back, he was surrounded by living tissue. In the second movie, the T-1000 was able to go back and they just....ignored this fundamental rule? I hate it when changes like that.

And what about the whole idea that Arnold came back a second time? We would believe that in the future they have a factory where two hundred Austrian cyborgs a day are churned out and we won't recognize them as Terminators? THEY ALL LOOK THE SAME!

Sorry about that.

T3 is
> just an attempt for arnold to try to rebuild his career.
> Unfortunately for Arnie, he ruined his career by doing more
> than  one awful movie with Satan (I mean Danny DeVito, I
> wouldnt want to offend Satan.)
> Anyways, has that guy who plays the Agent been in any other
> movies besides Matrix and LOTR???????

He was one of the transvestites in Pricilla: Queen of the Desert
lonecorndog
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2003, 08:52:39 PM »

While Keanu is easily the worst high paid actor alive today, he does have a knack for getting good scripts. (Though the obvious exceptions are nearly sickening, i.e.: Johnny Mnenomic...am I spelling that right?).

My fear is that the best thing about the first Matrix was Lawrence Fishburne. No more great actor to cover for Keanu.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2003, 08:32:31 AM »

His name is Hugo Weaving.

Most of the stuff he's done has been in Australia where he's lived most of his life.

He's also done some European films.

Go here to see more info:

http://us.imdb.com/Name?Weaving,%20Hugo

Chris K.
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2003, 02:50:37 PM »

I am really NOT looking forward to the upcoming followups of THE MATRIX. But I must get this off my chest, I didn't like the first one. It had too much hype and had bad actor Keannu Reeves to boot, and even when I watched it I wasn't too impressed. The effects work was good, but that's all it offered. The story, while interesting, was quite underdeveloped and just 138 minutes too long. The performances wen't bad, but I really wanted more out of the characters. And when it comes to me watching a movie, the effects work won't save it from having those other problems.

But like I said, I guess I'm in the minority due to my opinion of the film. Oh well.
Neville

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2003, 12:17:29 PM »

That's it, Hugo Weaving! He was in that amazing TV series with a real young Nicole Kidman, "Bangkok Hilton".

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The New Matrix Previews... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.