Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:49:39 PM
714500 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Starship Troopers 2 « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Starship Troopers 2  (Read 1157 times)
Spiffy Niffy
« on: January 17, 2005, 12:15:45 PM »

This embarassing low-budget sequel from the 97' original was awful.They guns where laser guns unlike the first one. Alsoothe plot just didnt work for me. This team tries to hide form the bugs in this base i believe and are all of  a sudden taken over by this virus , where the bug actually takes you over(awful idea).Filled with some of the worst acting and special effects i have seen you will truly regret seing this movie. The original  was good though! I hate it when they do this. Make a sequel that absoutly sucks.They couldve atleast thrown Casper Van Dien(Rico) in there.One more thing,I must say the titty scenes where better than the first . ;)
Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2005, 12:26:37 PM »

You mean even Casper Van Diem has standards?

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Spiffy Niffy
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2005, 05:50:50 PM »

He was good in that movie
JohnL

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2005, 08:03:47 PM »

>where the bug actually takes you over(awful idea).

That's because humans acting posessed are cheaper than CGI bugs.
Spiffy Niffy
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2005, 11:55:12 AM »

>That's because humans acting posessed are cheaper than CGI bugs.

-Exactly
Does anybody know  who the  special effects artist is who created  the ripped apart boddies, or designed the bugs?
Jack Corbett
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2005, 03:09:50 AM »

I'ts the guy that directed the movie, idiot. Phil Tippet. SFX Master. Worked on the original. I think he worked on Robocop, too.
trekgeezer

We're all just victims of circumstance

« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2005, 08:16:11 AM »

Phil Tippet is a protege of Ray Harryhausen .  He used to work for ILM before he started his own company.

He is responsible for stuff like the Hoth battle in The Empire Strikes Back (he did the stop motion for the AT-AT). He invented a new technique called go motion which got rid of the jerkiness, this was used in the movie Dragonslayer. He also worked on all three Robocop films and was Spielberg's first choice to do the dinosaurs for Jurassic Park before the decided to go CGI.

He started his own digital effects company in the mid 90's and Starship Troopers was the first film they did I believe.  He asked to direct Starship Trooper 2 and they let him because it was low budget and going direct to DVD.

And you thought Trek isn't cool.
iluvdolma
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2005, 12:22:38 PM »

I HATE THIS MOVIE. THE FIRST IS ONE OF MY FAV SCIFI MOVIES OF ALL TIME. I HAVE PROBLEMS SITTING THROUGH THIS CRAP!
Mr. Hockstatter
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2005, 09:48:30 PM »

I thought it was pretty good.  AS LONG AS YOU WEREN'T EXPECTING IT TO BE ANYTHING LIKE THE FIRST.  Taken on its own merits as a low budget and not especially original movie, I think they did a pretty good job of it.  The characters were way better than some, the plot kept me interested, and hey, copius amounts of gore never hurt.

I mean, as far as the studio was concerned, it was an obvious attempt to make some more cash on the name recognition of the first.  But the people involved in making it did some good work.  

In fact, I've got three beers in me - I think I'll go watch it right now :)
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Starship Troopers 2 « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.