Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 02:08:09 PM
714452 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  My Weekend Purchases « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: My Weekend Purchases  (Read 882 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: February 02, 2003, 10:46:26 AM »

Yesterday, I purchased the following 5 dvds:

BRAIN OF BLOOD - This is an Al Adamson cheapie about a brain transplant. The monster is a big guy whose face was burned with battery acid. The make-up on his head looks like one of those rubber bald head things that you can but in a joke shop. When they show close-ups of his face, you can see that they didn't use enough spirit gum, because the rubber "scars" around his mouth are peeling away from his skin.

FRANKENSTEIN ISLAND - This was Jerry Warren's last film. A bunch of guys in a hot air balloon land on a mysterious island. They are greeted by a tribe of women dressed in leopard print bikinis. The women smoke (marijuana?) out of human skulls, perform a fire-eating dance, and turn out to be aliens. Some zombies wearing sweatshirts, knit caps and sunglasses show up. Occasionally, John Carradine's face is superimposed on the screen and he repeatedly yells "the power!" Near the end, Frankenstein's monster rises out of the water and shows up at the lab, just long enough to smash up some lab equipment and flail his arms around. Meanwhile, Cameron Mitchell and one of the bikini-clad women are strapped (loosely) to operating tables. Eventually, the military (led by Andrew Duggan) shows up. The soldiers don't even have matching uniforms.

BLOOD OF GHASTLY HORROR - Another Al Adamson cheapie. I haven't watched it yet, but I'm sure it is terrible.

THE MANSTER - I haven't watched the dvd yet, but I watched this many times when I was a kid. This is the one where the guy sees a blinking eye on his shoulder. Eventually, he grows a second head. Pretty soon, his body splits in two and the moster half fights the human half. I can't wait to see this again!

MOTHER'S DAY - I haven't watched the dvd yet, but I have seen this a few times in the past. The first time I saw it was on a double feature with DAWN OF THE DEAD. The "Draino down the throat" scene is pretty memorable.

I can't wait to go out next week and wisely spend some more money!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Scott
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2003, 11:01:41 AM »

Well, I have seen many DVD's on the shelve that I would love to purchase, but I don't want to spend $15 dollars or more on any  film. I have been spoiled by buying some real good film for under $10. Here are a few that I have purchased:

Carnival of Souls (original)
House on Haunted Hill (Vincent Price)
Night of the Living Dead (could be a better copy)
Last Man on Earth (Vincent Price)
Killer Shrews
Horror Hotel
Tombs of the Blind Dead
Return of the Blind Dead
Plan 9 from Outer Space (with interviews)
The Brain that Wouldn't Die
Giant Gila Monster
House by the Cemetary
The Seven Doors of Death
Amazing Transparent Man
Slave of the Canibal God
One Eyed Jacks (Western)
And Then There Were None (poor dvd transfer)

Here are some films on DVD that I have wanted to purchase, but they cost to much:

Zombie Holocast
Garden of the Dead
I Bury the Living
Invasion U.S.A. (50's)
JohnL

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2003, 09:21:52 PM »

>I Bury the Living

I seen to recall reading an unafvorable description of this once. It went something like; "A cemetery worker discovers that if he sticks black pins in unused plots on a map of the cemetery, the owners of those plots will die. Know what happens when he sticks white pins in the occupied plots on the map? The movie turns into a big pile of s**t." :)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2003, 10:43:47 PM »

I have I BURY THE LIVING packed away somewhere in my VHS archives. I think it is in EP mode, and I bought it on a 3 movies for $10 special, along with HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL and EARTH VS. THE FLYING SAUCERS. I watched I BURY THE LIVING only once. It actually starts out as an interesting concept, but the story turns into one of those "oh, no" plots. The ending is really disappointing compared to the beginning, which is pretty creepy.

As for SEVEN DOORS OF DEATH (aka THE BEYOND), I paid a decent amount of money for the limited edition DVD (in a tin container), and I thought it was a piece of crap. Not enjoyable, low-budget, silly crap. Just plain old disappointing crap.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Scott0
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2003, 10:50:36 PM »

Brain of Blood was a test to watch. Low light, a midget as a lab assistant, brains covered in blood. Definitely sucked some life out of me.

Mother's Day was fun! Look for the in-car decapitation scene where blood splatters on the window before the head gets cut off! Weee!

Scottie

Kangaroo Jack #1 in the box office? Let the revolution against Hollywood begin.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  My Weekend Purchases « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.