Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:49:39 PM
714528 Posts in 53099 Topics by 7745 Members
Latest Member: Documentkgh
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Army of Darkness.. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Army of Darkness..  (Read 1735 times)
Anonymous User
« on: February 14, 2003, 10:37:55 AM »

Since the movie Army of Darkness is obviously put down as a bad movie, maybe you should see this guys review...

http://maddox.xmission.com/aod.html

Fearless Freep
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2003, 11:50:44 AM »

a) That wasn't much of a review

b) A lot of people, especially around here, like AofD

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Pete B6K
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2003, 11:53:02 AM »

I hope it wasn't you who wrote that, cos it's idiotic and so is pretty much everything else on the guy's site.  I hope he never reproduces.

Pete
ahab
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2003, 01:48:33 PM »

Totally moronic!!!!!

Shop Smart. Shop S-Mart.
Drezzy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2003, 04:33:14 PM »

**is a fan of Maddox**

The part of his site where he completely makes fun of the little kids' pictures is great.

And as the world began crumbling down
Nobody around seemed to care
Lancer
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2003, 05:32:31 PM »

Wow... a review from a fan that dont know about the movie that he is reviewing, intresting... very intresting...

Ok I hadnt seen this movie for a while are I have a better memory of this movie then what was posted in this guys review...

For those of you unfamiliar with Army of Darkness, go away. I don't want to have anything to do with you. Seriously, if you haven't seen Army of Darkness yet, what the hell?

And its hard to believe but there are many that still hasnt see Night of the Living Dead, seriously...

It's the best movie ever.

This could be argrued on many levels here, while Army of Darkness is a very good flick, it by no way could be the best movie ever.  Also, Evil Dead 2 is way better then Army of Darkness... and I like to think Evil Dead is way better then them all (well that is me)

Starring Bruce Campbell as Ash (picture top); featuring over an hour and a half of Campbell kicking ass.

He also does... Creates a mechanical hand, helps a wizard in making bombs, teach villagers how to fight, makes it with the village girl, messes the magic words, rides a horse (not bad from a city person), make his destroyed car into a swing blade mechine, and comes up with the best one-liners ever.

Where do I start? Everything about this movie rules. I won't give away too much, but I'll say that the beginning of the movie is awesome.

Where? Everything about this movie rules??? Everything??? even the part when the swing blades chops the "non-moving" skeleton... or the real bad Ash the giant vs the dozens of mini-ashes (the cramra work was poorly done here)... James Bond has awesome beginnings too... (awesome doesnt say much)

Campbell finds himself a prisoner in a castle, and gets thrown into a pit with a zombie. He kicks the zombie's ass with his chainsaw, climbs out of the pit, kicks some more ass, yells at some villagers, scares the s**t out of this old guy, and then insults their hospitality.

Ok, this is why I posted this whole review up here... Now, I havent seen the movie in a few years, but I could say one thing... WTF??? "Prisoner in a Castle" are you sure???  "Zombies"  ZOMBIES!!! As I recall they are not zombies... the truth is there is no zombies in the film... Skeletons, Demons, and attacking book, no zombies

Just when you think things can't get cooler, about half way through the movie, Campbell hacks his evil twin to pieces and throws him in a pit. You'll have to watch the movie if you haven't seen it to witness the best one-liner ever: "Hey, what's that you got on your face?" just as Campbell shovels dirt into the pit, covering his decapitated foe's head.

Ok, it seems that the reviewer has fallen asleep durring the movie... The best part of the movie (is when Ash has forgotten the magic words)

Also... as for best one-liners ever is hard to say because this movie is full of great one-liners...

Give me some sugar, baby
Hail to the king, baby
this is my BOOM STICK!
Yes, I'd said the magic words...
What is that N word, I know its a N word.
Shop Smart, shop S-Mart.
I'm tired of being your whipping boy
Good, Bad... I'm the man with the gun
Baby you have gotten ugly really fast
I was good, but now I feel evil.

The movie even ends with Campbell kicking ass. I won't give it away if you haven't seen it, but trust me, it kicks ass. Also worth mentioning are the Evil Dead series that spawned Army of Darkness. Anyway, this is probably one of the few (if any) positive movie reviews you'll see me do, so take my word for it and check it out if you haven't. Drop me a line and let me know what you think.

Sure, but this isnt much of a review as it sounds like somebody was blown away and reviewed the movie as they are blown away from it, and dosent say much of any thing but "Trust Me"... You need to do better then "trust me"...

Perfect movies are very rare to come across... and Army of Darkness is far from perfect... sure its a great film... but not perfect... :D
Cloudio
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2003, 09:51:28 PM »

I feel as though I should pick up some more classes this semester in a frantic attempt to gather back some brain cells...

AoD is good, that site is not...by any means.
Scott
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2003, 10:50:14 PM »

ARMY OF DARKNESS is greatness.
akiratubo
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2003, 11:37:01 PM »

I like the climactic castle battle in Army of Darkness better than the Battle of Helm's Deep in The Two Towers.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
Scott
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2003, 12:02:17 AM »

I really liked ARMY OF DARKNESS and I think its time to see it again. Starting to forget parts of the film.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Army of Darkness.. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.