Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:31:54 AM
714509 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movie Marathon (50 Movies in 3 Months) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Movie Marathon (50 Movies in 3 Months)  (Read 890 times)
Scott
« on: February 08, 2003, 12:03:42 AM »

I think I may start to stop watching movies for awhile. I have just seen 50 movies in 3 months. I'm going to rate them as 1) THE GREAT  2) THE GOOD 3) THE UGLY 4) The Unwatchable. Here is what I seen over the last 3 months:

THE GREAT (Films I really really liked) :

The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
Bring Me the Head of Alfredo Garcia
Will Penny
Alexander Nevsky
Tombstone
Geronimo
Prophecy
Tomb Raider
Dance With the Devil
Fist Full of Dynamite
Straw Dogs
Battle of Algiers
High Plains Drifter
Return of the Living Dead II
Little Nicky
Donnie Darko

THE GOOD (Films I liked)

Big Trouble in Little China
Blood of the Vampires
Coffy
The Quick and the Dead
Peacemaker
Route 666
The Searchers
True Grit
Big Jake
A Few Dollars More
The Vikings
Jason Lives
La Dolce Vita
Citizen Kane
UHF
BeoWulf
Saturn 3
Postman
Mr. Deeds
Attack of the Robots
War of the Planets
Harry Potter II
To Kill A Mocking Bird
Battleship Potemkin
Lord of the Rings: Two Towers
La Cucaracha

THE UGLY (films I really did not like, bad films)

Hells Angels Forever
Minority Report
Austin Powers: Goldmember
Halloween Resurrection

THE TOTALLY UNWATCHABLE:

Ghost Brigade
Reign of Fire
The Dead Hate the Living

Well, I might be taking a movie vacation. I'll have to contiplate this over the weekend.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2003, 10:25:00 AM »

Impressive list! But if you want some REALLY unwatchable movies, let me know and I'll send you the titles. I have bought a ton of them over the past few months.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Scott
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2003, 12:48:12 PM »

Thanks Joe, but a good film must take you someplace without you knowing it. I can find the nuggets even in bad films, but the effort involved dosn't usually pan out. It has to have some entertaining value above sheer bordom. Can I see your list?

I figured the last 3 months cost about $125 to rent and about 80 hours to view. That would have took me about 3 days and 8 hours it I did it straight without a break. That would totally exhaust someone if they played them straight without a break.  What is the most hours anyone has watched movies straight without more than a 5 minute break hear and there. I'd have to say 4 hours for me. Did anyone ever actually sit through a dusk till dawn drive-in nights?
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2003, 05:49:53 PM »

The most movies I ever watched in a row was 5 (I only took bathroom breaks). It was about 15 years ago when I worked in a video store and I took a bunch of movies home during a snowstorm.

I watch an average of about 1 movie a day, both good and bad, and from just about every possible source (classics, foreign, musicals, just about anything).

I built up a huge VHS collection, but I have been selling them on Ebay because I am buying everything on dvd now. I have over 700 dvds, and about 20 of them are still in the shrink wrap (just haven't had time to watch them yet). My wife is about to kill me, so if I stop adding comments to this message board, it probably means that she buried me in the back yard.

I never sat thru a dusk to dawn drive-in marathon. The most I ever sat thru at a drive-in was 3 movies and I did it 3 times (that I can remember). The movies were:

1. Dr. No, From Russia with Love, Goldfinger

2. Last House on the Left, The House that Dripped Blood, The House that Vanished

3. Friday the 13th parts I, II and III (which all had 15 minutes cut out of them so that they would end early!)

One of the indoor theaters here in Boston used to have an event called "Schlock Around the Clock." I am not sure if they still do it. They would show about 24 hours worth of bad movies on Memorial Day weekend. Anyone who made it from beginning to end got to attend some sort of a celebration when it was over.

Anyway - keep updating your list of what you have seen. I am always interested in people's opinions of movies and I like to get ideas of other movies to watch.

Anyway some suggestions for REALLY unwatchable movies are:

CURSE OF THE HEADLESS HORSEMAN (possibly the worst I have ever seen)

BLOOD OF GHASTLY HORROR (I have a separate message listed about this one)

BOBBY DEERFIELD (starring Al Pacino - I tried about 3 times before I could sit through it from beginning to end)

DUNE (I have never walked out of a theater before a movie was over, but I came VERY close on this one)

QUINTET (a Robert Altman film starring Paul Newman - it has something to do with a game that people play in a post-apocalyptic village - the whole thing takes place in the snow - I think the apocalypse caused another ice age or something - watch it, if you dare!)

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movie Marathon (50 Movies in 3 Months) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.