Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:22:22 AM
714506 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  And another bad Raquel Welch movie . . . « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: And another bad Raquel Welch movie . . .  (Read 1076 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: February 10, 2003, 06:40:04 PM »

I remember seeing Raquel's roller-derby classic KANSAS CITY BOMBER at the drive-in back in the early 1970s. Strangely enough, I think it was part of a double-feature with BEN!

Anyway, if KCB ever makes its way to dvd, I will certainly add it to my trash movie collection.

I would also like to get my hands on CORKY starring Robert Blake.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
kriegerg69
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2003, 06:49:15 PM »

Never saw it, but KANSAS CITY BOMBER has ALWAYS been considered a bad Raquel Welch movie.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Mein Führer! I can walk!!"
Scott
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2003, 08:31:53 PM »

I seen KANSAS CITY BOMBER on TV back in the 70's and liked it then. I'll have to see it again someday. I love t he idea of the old time roller derby and I don't mean those recent programs over the past 20 years like the figure eight version with the alligators. Actually the last version of Roller Derby on TNN wasn't to bad. To bad they could just let it live despite ratings.

Has anyone ever seen the female wrestling film from the 70's called ALL THE MARBLES starrring Peter Faulk? This would be a nice double feature with KANSAS CITY BOMBER..

Another good one was THE ONE AND ONLY starring Henry Winkler as a wrestler ! Good film.

SLAP SHOT would be another good film to go with these. A comedy about the world of a minor league hockey team. This is actually a very good comedy.

I own a copy a good old time wrestling movie called THE WRESTLER starring Verne Gagne and Ed Asner.

How about the film RINGO AND HIS TRAVELING ALL STARS starring Billy Dee William, Richard Pryor, and James Earl Jones.

PARIDISE ALLEY starring Sylvester Stallone and Terry Funk as Frankie the Thumper.

I like all those films about the seedy underworld of sports.
yaddo42
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2003, 12:18:35 AM »

KCB just makes me think of pure 70s. Maybe they could remake it with Jennifer Lopez, at least she'd look good in the pants. Hehehe.

Don't mention CORKY, I saw that on Speedvision. That movie put me in a bad mood for a week, although the theme somg was good. But it could be fun to look at again with the turn his life has taken. I'm surprised the news networks didn't show clips when talking about him. CORKY might make a good double feature with THE KLANSMAN starring the other celebrity murderer, OJ Simpson.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  And another bad Raquel Welch movie . . . « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.