Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:54:45 AM
714471 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Daredevil and Bruce Cambpell « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Daredevil and Bruce Cambpell  (Read 1291 times)
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« on: February 16, 2003, 04:05:06 PM »

Hey,
I saw Daredevil on opening night with my girlfriend. Let me tell you, it EXCEEDED my expectations.
First, Ben Affleck was decent, not great, but good enough to fit the role. The same goes for Jennifer Garner.

However, the movie is made by the bad guys. Michael Clarke Duncan is massive and I am now, despite my griping, a fan of that guy from Minority Report Collin Farrell He makes an awesome psychotic villian. John Farveau also is great comic relief. Even Patrick Swayze is in this, and thankfully he doesnt dance.

The action is well done and the cinematography is great. The religious icon showings are wonderful and the special effects are too. I highly reccomend this. This is probably the most faithful adaptation of a comic to come out yet.
Also, there is a surprise scene after the credits.

Here are my rankings of Super Hero movies, from best to worst
Spider-Man
The first three Batman
Blade
Daredevil
X-Men
Spawn
Blade 2
Tomb Raider
Batman and Robin

Oh, there is a new Army of Darkness DVD out too, and in every one, you have a chance to win dinner with Bruce Campell (or is it Cambell). I believe it is a limited offer though, so hurry up and buy it. Also, is this a good marketing strategy?

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Drezzy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2003, 11:47:34 PM »

It's Bruce CamPBell.

Tomb Raider is an action/adventure flick. Lara Croft is not a super hero, no more than James Bond or John MacLaine are.

And as the world began crumbling down
Nobody around seemed to care
Foywonder
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2003, 12:04:04 AM »

> Even Patrick Swayze is in this, and thankfully he doesnt dance.

Ummm...what? Patrick Swayze wasn't in DAREDEVIL. Don't tell me you thought David Keith, who played Matt's dad, was Patrick Swayze.
Paquita
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2003, 12:09:32 AM »

HAHAHA!! dinner with bruce campbell!!?!?  I love him!! his sucha fartdumb! i think hell do anything! hes my new personal hero.. i liked him for all the other stuff he did but this just makes me very happy!! i bet it was his idea!

oh hey! i was watching The Adventures of Ford Fairlaine the other day  .. there are so many cool people in that movie.. i cant even begin.. but it was bad.. anyway.. Wayne Newton was in it and is it just me or do Wayne Newton and Bruce Campbell look eerily alike?! I kept having to do double takes and i kept thinking "BRUCE CAMPBELLS IN THIS TOO?!!?! oh wait no its only mr. newton."

love colleen
Todd R.
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2003, 02:52:49 PM »

Evan, you should have THE PHANTOM on that list! Shame on you!
lonecorndog
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2003, 08:25:26 PM »

Not to mention the one the started the look and feel of all of the modern superhero movies, Superman (and still one of my favorites for that subgenre).
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2003, 08:55:37 PM »

Ah, the reason I dont have the Phantom, nor Superman on the list, is I havent seen either of them. The Phantom I would like to see becaquse Billy Zane is a fun actor. I will get to the Superman sometimes. I have seen the Mask, a "super hero" and decided he didnt even belong on the list.
Also, I feel Tomb Raider is a  super hero. She does in fact have two comic book titles out, almost the same amount as her games. Also, unlike Bond or McClane, she fights demons, statues, ghosts and other things, while these other action stars merely fight in reality (Indiana Jones also only really fights real people).  Lastly, Lara is based on a video game, in which she is supposed to be an above average hero, much like daredevil, but not like Bond, who was not based on a video game. So my friends, that is why Tomb Raider belongs on this list.

--His reply
Goon
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2003, 10:10:55 PM »

Also, there is a surprise scene after the credits.

.....Dammit!

I actualy thought of that while the credits were rolling.  "Oh, no."  I thought to myself.  "That wouldn't happen in a film like this..."  What did it show anyway?

---ooo-'U'-ooo------Kilroy was here.
Todd R.
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2003, 12:11:58 AM »

Evan, while Lara Croft is clearly a "comic-bookish" character, I don't think she can be classified as a superhero according to your definition. After all, Flash Gordon and Luke Skywalker both fight monsters and all kinds of strange beings, but I wouldn't label them superheroes. (However, Jeff Rovin does list Luke Skywalker in his ENCYCLOPEDIA OF SUPERHEROES, mainly because of Luke's supernormal ability to channel the Force.)
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2003, 05:29:47 PM »

Hey Goon,
the extra scene shows that Bullseye is still alive!

--His reply
Funk, E.
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2003, 05:36:27 PM »

Herm... I have a real problem with the Electra character only because not once throughout the entire movie does she hold her sais properly. Now with all do respect the character is never DRAWN in the comic book using them properly either so... I guess that's a form of accuracy.
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2003, 02:18:39 PM »

How do u hold sais then, by the blade?

--His reply
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Daredevil and Bruce Cambpell « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.