Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 04:44:06 AM
714463 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Lets make a bad movie (part 2) « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Lets make a bad movie (part 2)  (Read 2288 times)
Lancer
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2003, 05:37:44 PM »

As for Lost Boys... havent seen the movie in years... but I dont recall a transformation (but then they did use some strange hypnosis... as rice turns to maggots)

As the debate goes with the Catholics... I do know that a Pope (cannot remember his name) used (or created) the war against witchcraft to gain wealth and power...  But this is not to say that being Catholic is bad (I'm Catholic)...

Also, I dont think we should credit anything about 'modern day vampires' from the dark ages... 'Modern day Vampires' dont follow with 'Fokelore Vampires'...

As in Fokelore... if you toss poppy seeds, the vampire will stop what they are doing and count all the seeds... So far I havent seen that in any movie...

Also, Catholic symbolism was very big durring the late 1880's and early 1940's so making a movie about Dracula and puting him in bay with a cross would seem right... (I havent read Dracula, but I do know the book was written in the 1800's)

But for some time Vampire movies seems to lack (intelligence and growth) and a vampire must look like Bela Lugosi... sure there were some odd balls (The Thing, Queen of Blood, Salem's Lot and Martin) but up until Fright Night most vampire movies hasnt changed much (they either looked like Bela Lugosi or dressed like Bela Lugosi) and because the look hasnt changed much so did the orginal a Cross keeps the vampire at bay, thing...

:D
Funk, E.
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2003, 05:50:29 PM »

Erm...

I'd argue most of those points. The Lost Boys doesn't show a full transformation. But when their lair is infiltrated by the frog brothers they were hanging upsidedown by their feet which were clawed and had an opposable digit... that ain't human.

Not saying Chatholic is bad either, but they did systamaticly co-opt Pagan holidays and folklore and manipulate them to fit their purposes.

True there are differences between Folklore Vampirism and Cinamagraphic Vampirism however the shapeshifting, garlic and later the christian power over are common to both.

It wasn't poppy seeds it was rose thorns.

Catholic and to a lesser extent Christian in general symbolism has been big in European culture ever since they succesfully supressed all other religions in the area. The better part of a thousand years now.

Not big deals, but whatever
Lancer
« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2003, 06:14:48 PM »

Rose thorns were used to seal the headless vampire (or was it rose petals in the vampires mouth)

Poppy seeds were tossed on the roof tops, so when a vampire does come around they are busy counting and collecting the seeds... (also stories then say that the vampire is so possessed in counting and collecting the seeds that they would be burned by the sun light)

I do think the cave part was the only best part in The Lost Boys...
Brother Ragnarok
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2003, 06:42:52 PM »

Er...not to be a dick guys, but aren't we getting a bit off track here?

Brother R
Lancer
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2003, 06:55:26 PM »

No not really...

I'm still looking for more good ideas so we could move to part 3... (I'm waiting till Friday before we start part 3)

Also, a werewolf keeping a vampire at bay with a toaster is kind of cool... :D
Funk, E.
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2003, 07:49:10 PM »

http://www.altvampyres.net/newsgroup/faq/traditional.shtml#2.02

Has to stop and count every grain in a pile of grain (type of grain varies)
Cannot pass a thicket of wild rose or a line of salt

We were both wrong, or were we...

Preventative measures included: placing a crucifix in the coffin, or blocks under the chin to prevent the body from eating the shroud, nailing clothes to coffin walls for the same reason, placing millet or poppy seeds in the grave because vampires had a fascination with counting, or piercing the body with thorns or stakes.

It's all bulls**t anyways. Pick the parameters that you like and run with it :-)
Todd R.
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2003, 07:54:04 PM »

How about this:

A sinister-looking midget who limps around while carrying an ancient jeweled dagger, all the while muttering to himself, "Must not kill! Must not kill!"
Funk, E.
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2003, 08:02:27 PM »

That's GREAT! it could explain everything!

The midget is the mad scientist assistent who used to be homocidal until he accidentally killed the MS's main Squeez. So the MS devises a serum to reanimate the dead and the Midget carries around the dagger as a reminder not to kill! Beautiful! It's Bride of Reanimator meets Bloodsucking Freaks!
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Lets make a bad movie (part 2) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.