Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:01:54 PM
714454 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Way O.T. , but this isn't goobye but , c-ya later « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Way O.T. , but this isn't goobye but , c-ya later  (Read 1466 times)
BlackAngel
« on: February 19, 2003, 02:46:06 PM »

Well, last year I went to South Korea on military training for 2 weeks.  Now I'm going to another place overseas, Iraq (most likely<:P).  And I could be gone for a year or (God forbid) more.  Jarhead Andrew, I kinda envy you, 'cause you will be the last one to get the call, National Guard bastard!  So, as much as it is a guarantee that Batman and Robin sucked royally, and Carrot Top needs to be SHOT ON SIGHT, I will be back.  So wish this army grunt the best of luck ('cause I'll need it).  I will be leaving on the 24th of this month, so before I forget:

From every1 in NYC, c-ya

P.S.: Andrew, hold down the States for me, willya?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meteor Man can kick Superman's ass
Funk, E.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2003, 02:53:24 PM »

May no bullet, shrapnal, mine, explosive, bio or chemical agent ever cross your path. May it be the most boring tour of duty you could have ever hoped for. Take care and blessed be.
raj
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2003, 04:38:24 PM »

Indeed.  We can only hope Saddam takes early retirement.

And thanks.
frannie
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2003, 05:49:52 PM »

just remember:
"Nobody ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country." -- General George S. Patton (George C. Scott)
Brother Ragnarok
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2003, 06:37:12 PM »

I can't put it any better than that.  Rock on, and we look forward to your safe return.

Brother R
Flangepart

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2003, 06:49:21 PM »

Be cool dude. Hope the best for ya.

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2003, 08:18:46 PM »

If they keep me here, I will hold the fort down.  Keep yourself safe.

I am a little confused by the National Guard quip though - do you mean yourself or me?  Active duty Marine here, been one for 11 years and I have spent plenty of time away.  Heck, normally I volunteer, but with Katie pregnant - well, if they tell me I am going my seabag is ready, but not going to volunteer to leave my wife and soon-to-be daughter.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Funk, E.
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2003, 08:31:58 PM »

err... Andrew? In those 11 years did you actually request to be sent to Kosovo and Dessert Storm? I guess Storm was over 11 years ago now... gee, time sure flies between major military conficts...
BlackAngel
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2003, 06:54:30 AM »

It's me again.  I thank you for all your best wishes and best of luck speeches.  Well, they up'ed my date, instead of the 24th , monday, it's tomorrow. You can have George W. Bush, a.k.a. Ares, the god of war to thank for that.  Once again, I thank you for your support and when I do come back, The White House will have a certain yellow and brown stain on its side, and in time, I'll be back to say: MORTAL KOMBAT 3 SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S.: I can't promise any of y'all this, but if Good Morning America is still out there taping all the troops, I'll try, if given the mic, give you guys a shout out.  My bad on the joke, Andrew.  Ever since 9/11, I thought you were NG [on the floor knocking out 75 push-ups]

So, until I have Saddam's severed dick in one hand, and Osama's head in the other, from every1in NYC, c-ya
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meteor Man can kick Superman's ass
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2003, 12:23:04 PM »

I joined up during Desert Storm.  Cannot remember if I volunteered for duty there, but probably not.  I think that was Marines from Camp Lejeune (2nd MarDiv, 2nd FSSG, 2nd MAW) and I was not based at Lejeune then.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2003, 04:11:23 PM »

Hey man,
I wish you the best of luck making the world a better place. Kick some butt, but do it safe.
 Man I hope you get on theToday Show, Al Roker would be an awesome addition to this board.
Good luck Angel.

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Way O.T. , but this isn't goobye but , c-ya later « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.