Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:45:00 AM
714508 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  That's f#%#*( brilliant! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: That's f#%#*( brilliant!  (Read 1374 times)
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« on: March 02, 2003, 11:19:24 PM »

I'm sorry.  This post is going to have no real reason for being other than my obscure appreciation of really good movies.

Andy Serkis, who you probably all know as the voice of Gollum in Peter Jackson's Lord of the Rings films also played the genius music producer in (what was my choice for the best film of 2002) 24 HOUR PARTY PEOPLE.

I don't know why that hit me as so great.  I can only say what I first thought, "That's f**king brilliant!"

Umm, if you need a topic for this doomed thread, just follow up with movie moments that make you inexpicably happy.

P.S.  In case you're wondering, 24 HOUR PARTY PEOPLE was followed in my misguided "Best of 2002" movie list by THE TWO TOWERS.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Drezzy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2003, 12:50:14 AM »

Jay and Silent Bob in Scream 3 made me mark out. Too bad the rest of the movie sucked my bung.

And as the world began crumbling down
Nobody around seemed to care
Dunners
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2003, 12:56:48 AM »

you leave yoru bung out of this.
Pete B6K
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2003, 07:17:54 PM »

I've lost all love for J&SB sunce 'Strike Back'. Disappointing pile of moronic s**te that was.  None of the sharp wit/irony/observational humour of the first three films. I disliked Dogma too but it wasnt as bad as strike back.

A couple of memorable moments from films I watched recently.  In 'Being John Malkovich' where Mr title man himself is walking along the side of the road, and some people driving past shout 'malkovich, think fast' and throw a can at his head.  For some reason the first time i saw that i found it one of the funniest things i've seen in ages. I was in hysterics. One of those moods I guess. On repeat viewings it seems to have lost it though.

Another one was the moment where Wyatt 'makes out' with Lisa (Kelly Le Brock) in Wierd Science.  I just have to have the utmost respect for the guy cos after a quick chekc on the imdb, the actor playing Wyatt was like 16 at the time. How damn cool would that be for a 16 year old. He hasnt done much since and he's like 34 now but thats definitely a story for him to tell the grandkids.

Pete
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2003, 09:07:17 PM »

Is it just me, or does Andy Serkis sound a lot like Donald Duck in the Two Towers.
We all know the best actor ever is Edward Norton anyways.

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Mofo Rising
Global Moderator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

My cat can eat a whole watermelon!

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2003, 12:36:41 AM »

Sorry to "bump" my own stupid thread, but how's this for a weird actor role pairing?

The guy who has been doing Mario's voice for 12 years also played Michael Douglas' suicidal father in THE GAME.

Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills. The people it kills, get up and kill.
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2003, 01:54:57 AM »

I love sentimental crap. I absolutely LOVE IT!! So, the movie moments that made me inexplicably happy are:

Sean Connery's cameo in "Robin Hood:Guys From Chicago Butchering English Accents"

When John Wayne beat the hell out of Bruce Dern in "The Cowboys", after Bruce terrorized the little kids and then talked s**t to BIG J. Of course Bruce Dern then Shot John Wayne, and that kinda sucked.

The part in Gunga Din when the three heros(Cary Grant, Victor McLaglen,Douglas Fairbanks jr.) are fighting the members of the Scottish regiment. Dunno why, there are alot of funny bits and it was just a good scene.

The scene in My Favorite Year, when Peter O'Toole's character overcomes his fear and self loathing and comes to the rescue of King Kaiser. I mean, obviously we all knew it was gonna happen, no big surprise, but still it was pretty damned great.

I'm sure there are more but these are the ones that came to mind.

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Funk, E.
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2003, 08:31:30 PM »

I've got to say I think The Princess Bride and Young Frankenstien never fail to bring a smile to my face.

Rodents of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist.

You know how much i love to watch you work, but I've got my wedding to plan my bride to kill and Guilder to blame for it... I'm booked.

I'm on the brute squad.
You ARE the brute squad.

Put the candle back!

DEAD IS DEAD! Class dismissed.

Love it! Just love it!
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2003, 08:46:06 PM »

Good Call, I'd totally forgot about the absolutely WICKED swordfight between Inigo and The Dread Pirate Roberts in The Princess Bride. I used to rewind and rewatch that scene constantly!

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  That's f#%#*( brilliant! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.