Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:30:13 PM
714385 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies/TV « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Movies/TV  (Read 2123 times)
Scott
« on: June 03, 2001, 09:29:59 AM »

Well, I've just plum run out of stuff to view. Currently I am watching (when I have time) loads of the TRAVEL CHANNEL (especially Curious World) and COMEDY CHANNEL with Saturday Night Live reruns, South Park, and stand up comedians. Also trying to catch a little bit of WWF wrestling as everyone awaits news of a WCW invasion angle and the launch of the new WWF owned WCW. The TRAVEL CHANNEL has really become my new home as of late. Especially after last weeks veiwing of SLUGS and Jackie Chan's GEORGEOUS was really scrapping the bottom of the barrel for me. Reality TV has finished up there seasons pretty much. My favorite was MTV's: FEAR.

Here are My TV pickings of the week:

Abbott and Costello go to Mars (one of my favorite movies)
Abbott and Costello Meet the Invisible man
Return of the Invisible Man
Abdominable Snowman of the Himilayas (Is this the one made by Hammer?)

Some Newer Movies that I am considering watching for the first time are:

Killer Clowns from Outer Space (just missed this one on tv and can't find a copy to rent)
The Postman
Space Cowboys
The Astronauts Wife (is this any good?)
Ninth Gate
The Re-animator (can't find a copy to rent)
Bride of Re-Animator (must see the first one first)

Here are some movies that I have taped, but have yet to see:

The Thing with Two Heads
Dracula: Prince of Darkness
The Mummys Hand
Escape from Mars

The rest of the films I plan to see are Foriegn Films that I just haven't had the time + desire to physically bring them home from a rental place.

Some comedies I might rent are:

There's something about Mary
Meet the Parents

The movies at the theater are not to promising. I just seen the commercial for LARA CROFT and it looks like another CGI creature in the likeness of the Scopion king in THE RETURN OF THE MUMMY.  

THE ANIMAL looks funny but I think (as usual) they have revealed the best gags on the TV commercial. I wonder if EVOLUTION (more CGI) is any good

My only hope is PLANET OF THE APES and THE GHOST OF MARS later this summer.

A KNIGHTS TALE is still the best film I've seen at the theater since GODZILLA 2000 last August. They aren't even going to show the latest GODZILLA this summer from what I've heard.

I believe that most current CGI films over the last 10 years should go in the dumpster. They resemble cartoons or something, thereby losing alot of appeal.

In July I'm planning a trip to were I grew up in upstate New York and will try to make it to one of the still existing drive in's that they still have in  those parts. I know that they only show one or two current movies and have divided the screen, but I can remember dusk till dawn movies on a single screen in the 70's, with all kinds of movies that were really strange.

And what ever happened to the TV great horror host of the past and all the fun movies they use to show.

The movie industry has moved to try to capture an international audience. Instead of trying to entertain us within the point of view of the average American. I'm not saying what they are doing is bad, I'm just saying that it isn't working. A reveloution in American film needs to happen, Independent films aren't even hitting the mark. Most of them are just blah, blah, blah. Something in the middle that is weird, odd, unusual = entertainment.
Steve.
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2001, 12:48:21 PM »

Scott. - "The Astronaut's Wife" is at least something different, although it's too much like an outer-space variation of "Rosemary's Baby" in my opinion. "The Abominable Snowman" is indeed a Hammer film - it's OK, though nowhere near one of their best - it's too obviously studio-bound. "Dracula - Prince Of Darkness" is much better - one of Hammer's best, with a novel way of dealing with vampires. "Re-animator" is much more the real deal, a genuine splatter-fest, based on a Lovecraft story. "Something About Mary" starts off funny, but appears to run out of steam half-way through. I agree that independents are becoming more and more pretentious, they seem to have lost the plot, with a few exceptions. Us Brits are just as capable of producing drivel - whatever you do, do not part with money to see "Week At Denise" (An alleged Brit comedy) - it's bad - unfortunately it's too bad to even mock.
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2001, 06:56:25 PM »

Yes, "Abdominable Snowman of the Himilayas," which goes under several other titles, is a product of Hammer Films. Said to be the best film made about the Yeti, though that may not be saying much, I have seen it and liked it. Another good story about the Yeti is found in an episode of the television series "Jonny Quest"--the original one from the '60's. As for Abbott and Costello, someone may also like to check out "Abbott and Costello Meet Doctor Jekyll and Mister Hyde." Not as well thought of by some, as some of their other films, it is one of my favorites of theirs. Maybe because it is the first film of theirs, that I remember seeing it. And because Boris Karloff is in it as Doctor Jekyll. And because I like the climatic chase scene at the end, and the scene where Lou gets turned into a mouse. The scene where Lou gets turned into a mouse always leaves me ROTFL, no matter how many times I have seen it. Enjoy
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies/TV « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.