Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:04:47 AM
714434 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  PSA - Go to Walmart for all your cheap b-movie DVD needs! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: PSA - Go to Walmart for all your cheap b-movie DVD needs!  (Read 1274 times)
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« on: March 08, 2003, 12:25:37 AM »

Hey guys, this is probably old news, but my local Walmart had a TON of movies for $5.88 floating around.  There were some real gems in there.  Unfortunately I pretty much had all of them, but here were some that I can remember off of the top of my head:

Rumble in the Bronx (Jackie Chan)
Jackie Chan's First Strike
Red Scorpion (Dolph Lundgren)
Surviving the Game (An underrated classic with Ice-T and Rutger Hauer)
Blind Fury/Omega Doom!  (Hell yeah!  What a deal!)
Dragon Fist (More Jackie Chan)
Fearless Hyena (Even more Chan)
Fortress (Christopher Lambert)
The Fan (Robert DeNiro, Wesley Snipes)
Silent Trigger (Dolph Lundgren)
Army of One (Dolph Lundgren - A steal!)
No Way Back (Russell Crowe)
Bridge of Dragons (Dolph Lundgren - Another steal!)

That's all that I can remember, I have a horrible memory.  But they have a whole crapload of b-movie actioners there.  If anyone needs to bulk up and likes any of the movies listed above, I suggest you go there now!  There were tons more, at least a couple of cartloads full.  I know that I'm forgetting a lot of other good ones, but I figured I'd let you guys know just in case anyone wasn't aware.

Nick
Foywonder
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2003, 08:13:26 AM »

Man, I need to head back to Wal-Mart. Last time I checked out the cheap dvd bin it was loaded with movies starring Hulk Hogan, Burt Reynolds, and Whoopi Goldberg along with a zillion copies of BILLY JACK, TRIAL AND ERROR, and DEATHTRAP. Only decent ones I got were LAWNMOWER MAN and SHOWDOWN IN LITTLE TOKYO.
Scott
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2003, 09:14:40 AM »

Any good Westerns at Wallmart?
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2003, 10:39:21 AM »

Wal-Mart's bastard cousin, Sam's, also has good deals. They had a four pack of old horror movies(White Zombie, Black Cat etc.)for 19.98, not a bad deal, they also usually have 3or4dvd sets of little known movies made by famous movie stars.

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2003, 12:36:11 PM »

Haha, Foywonder, you're exactly right.  They still do have movies of that variety, but they've really added a lot of better titles into the mix as well.  Places like MediaPlay and the like still sell Dragon Fist and Fearless Hyena w/Jackie Chan for around 20 bucks, so if you're into those movies, Walmart has 'em for a steal.  I just remembered a few more movies that they had, nothing groundbreaking:

Tales from the Hood (A guilty pleasure)
Creepshow (Great stuff here)
Active Stealth (I have no idea what this movie is, or who stars in it)
Logan's Run
Salem's Lot
Desert Heat (With Van Damme, like watching a train wreck, but some very hot ladies in it)
National Lampoon's Loaded Weapon (Samuel L. Jackson, Emilio Estevez, and William Shatner.  Pretty funny stuff, I thought)
Freejack (I have no clue who stars in this, or what it's about, but it looked craptastic)
Hard to Kill (Decent Seagal flick)
Mr. Nice Guy (Not Jackie's best, but an enjoyable way to kill time nonetheless)

Unfortunately Scott I don't think Walmart had any Westerns, at least mine didn't.  But I've noticed that people have been able to find different DVD's at different stores (I'd kill to have Showdown in Little Tokyo for $5.88!).  I've heard some people say that they've been able to nab Nightmare on Elm Street 1, 2, and the last one for $5.88, but they were $9.44 at mine.  And I've even heard people say they've found China O'Brien and The Hitcher, and for the Hitcher, that's a tremendous deal.  

Here's a link to Walmart's site, although I distinctly remember seeing WAY more than what they have listed:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product_listing.gsp?cat=108598&path=0%3A4096%3A108598&sb=73&sdir=sasc&sortBySelectedIndex=1

Anyways, just trying to help out fellow b-movie fans.  If you're into any of the movies that I've listed and there's a Walmart near you, then it's definitely worth checking out.  The best deal I was able to find was Blind Fury and Omega Doom, because Blind Fury alone is easily worth the asking price.

Nick
systemcr4sh
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2003, 01:12:00 PM »

Yeah walmart always has dirt cheap budget DVDs. I got a TEENAGE ZOMBIES dvd there, all it has on it is chapter selection, and there is about 4 or 5 chapters haha.

-Dan

"Evil will always triumph, because good, is dumb"
-Spaceballs

"Now life's like a b-movie, That no one wants to see,
Here comes the zombie, Portraying me."
     - Dillinger Four
Foywonder
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2003, 01:27:16 PM »

I go to Wal-Mart this morning and while they didn't have most of the movies you listed, they still had a variety that weren't there last time. One catch...the price was $9.98 instead of $5.88. What gives? Who in there right mind would pay $9.88 for FULL ECLIPSE or ROAD HOUSE? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Trollificus
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2003, 02:08:12 PM »

Free Jack??? Hahaha!! Man, the movie has some interesting premises, The cast includes Anthony Hopkins and David Johanssen, Mick Jagger plays a 'bounty hunter' type and Renee Russo the 'love interest'. It was co-written by  Ronald Shusett (TOTAL RECALL, ALIEN), too,

So you'd think it had a lot going for it...

But the underlying premise is that a future multi-billionaire (Hopkins) spends outlandish amounts of time, effort and money to retrieve a body from the past so he can live after his death...and the body is that of...EMILIO ESTEVEZ?????

Dayum! I wouldn't spend $5 to inhabit that stunted, rat-faced, non-actor's body!!!

The whole premise is blown by that transparent absurdity. I kept rooting for him to get killed.

Nick wrote:
>
> Haha, Foywonder, you're exactly right.  They still do have
> movies of that variety, but they've really added a lot of
> better titles into the mix as well.  Places like MediaPlay
> and the like still sell Dragon Fist and Fearless Hyena
> w/Jackie Chan for around 20 bucks, so if you're into those
> movies, Walmart has 'em for a steal.  I just remembered a few
> more movies that they had, nothing groundbreaking:
>
> Freejack (I have no clue who stars in this, or what it's
>
> Nick
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  PSA - Go to Walmart for all your cheap b-movie DVD needs! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.