Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:27:56 PM
712919 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  scanners « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: scanners  (Read 8683 times)
king
« on: February 25, 2001, 05:15:14 PM »

i think the best exploding head scene is in scanners.  The set up and build up are incredible.  the tesnsion and buildup are great...Michael ironside playing the scanner is really amazing..he really makes that guys head go sky high..would do you think
Chadzilla
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2001, 12:31:06 PM »

Yeah, it's certainly better than the heart attack the dude suffers in the TV print (trivia: that was the alternate death in case the movie got slapped with an X rating, luckily it didn't).

Best gunshot to the head has to be Savini getting blown away in Maniac, the build-up is equally cool, and the whole thing is down in slow motion.  Wowser.

Other "cool head trauma?"

Hannibal anyone?
king
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2001, 02:19:51 PM »

Wow, i did not know that on tv the guy had a heart attack that must have sucked.  Glad i saw it on the screen and i own the video.  Watch about once a week. just to keep the adrenaline flowing...totally awesome..
ASHTHECAT
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2001, 01:28:39 PM »

How about "From Dusk Till Dawn" when Scott slams a water balloon full of holy water on his own father's (Harvey Keitel) head because he turned into a vampire!  That was cool!
king
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2001, 03:52:37 PM »

That sounds interesting, what made it cool?  How was the set-up?  does his head explode?  Is the movie available on video?  What are the details, thanks for the info.  what did you think of the scanners exploder?  Have you seen it?
ASHTHECAT
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2001, 08:18:25 PM »

Yes....From Dusk Till Dawn is available just about anywhere.  Steer clear of the 2nd and 3rd one as they are total crap.  Jacob's (Harvey Keitel) head doesn't explode like on Scanners(which I have seen).  Instead, about half of his head is gone and you can see inside of it.  In the movie he was bitten by a vampire and made his kids promise that they'd kill him once he turned.  When it does happen, Scott can't bring himself to do it in time and is bitten by his own father.  To get his father off of him, he slams a water balloon filled with holy water into the side of his head which instantly dissolves about half of it.  Scott then picks up Seth Gecko's (George Clooney)44 magnum and blows his own father away.  All of this takes places in a biker bar down in Mexico.  A very cool movie!  Definitely check it out if you haven't seen it!
king
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2001, 08:38:36 PM »

thanks for the info. on dusk till dawn.  I am going to rent it.  If you have any other recommendations, please let me know.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  scanners « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.