Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:06:15 AM
714503 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Today's finds. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Today's finds.  (Read 885 times)
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« on: March 15, 2003, 03:50:41 PM »

I luckily struck gold today.  Decided to go out and search through a place that I haven't been to yet, and hit the bullseye.  For people in the Ohio/Columbus area, it's a place called Trading Zone and it's on Bethel Road in a strip mall with a cheap movie theater, a Sunsports, SHOCC Comix, and many more.  Anyways, there was a buy 2 used DVD's and get the third free, along with a decent collection of VHS tapes.  Here's all that I managed to snag:

Ghosts of Mars (DVD):  Directed by John Carpenter, of course.  Yeah, I've heard bad things about this one.  But I ended up getting it for free, so that's what counts.  Hopefully it won't be THAT bad, watchable, at least.

Showdown in Little Tokyo (DVD):  Snagged this for around five bucks.  A pretty good movie by Dolph's standards, and it was cheap, so I went for it.  Not a bad little timewaster.

Jet Li's Contract Killer (aka Hitman) (DVD):  Although edited, this one was too cheap to pass up.  A pretty good flick if I remember correctly.  Not Jet Li's best, but definitely pretty good.

Wanted Dead or Alive (VHS):  Rutger Hauer on the cover with a shotgun.  Need I say more?  Anyways, I have no clue about this one, but it at least looked pretty cool.  Looks can be deceiving, but hopefully Rutger won't let me down.

No Retreat No Surrender (VHS):  Okay, so I'm a big JCVD fan.  I admit it with no shame.  This movie had him shamelessly plastered all over the cover, which probably equates him being in the film for a total of 15 minutes.  But the back of the box is what cinched this one for me, as it goes on to explain that this kid channels the spirit of Bruce Lee (!) to help him fight.  If that isn't a ringing endorsement, I don't know what is.  I'm looking forward to this one.  

First Option (VHS):  Some dubbed Tai Seng tape starring Michael Wong, the master of bad acting.  This one'll probably suck, but it was dirt cheap and in good condition, so I took the risk.  Hopefully it'll pay off.  

Firewalker (VHS):  With none other than Chuck Norris, the man.  I'm a fan of Norris as well, although I know he has plenty of people who hate him.  Well, this one admittedly looked pretty stupid, but it was cheap.  I'm guessing this'll be the regretful purchase of the collection, but maybe I'll be surprised.

Kung Fu the Movie (VHS):  With David Carradine and Brandon Lee.  Another extremely blind purchase.  I don't know what it was about this one, but it definitely called out to me.  Maybe 'cuz I'm a fan of both of the main actors, who knows?  I'm not expecting much for this one, so hopefully I won't be too disappointed.

No Holds Barred (VHS):  With the immortal Hulk Hogan.  I remember liking this one as a kid, so I'm sure it'll be a goldmine as far as crappy movies go now.  

Band of the Hand (VHS):  All it took was the crappy 80's cover and I was sold.  That, and it shamelessly plugged that the movie was directed by the dude that did Miami Vice.  This one should be worth a laugh at least.

And last, but not least:  Gymkata (VHS):  I've heard so much about this movie that I'm probably anticipating it the most.  Yeah, I know it'll suck, but there's just something about its premise that cracks me up every time.  A gymnast doing kung fu on pommel horses.  What more can be said about this one?  It should be amusing, to say the least.

8 VHS tapes, 3 DVD's, for around 45 bucks.  Not bad, I'd say.  Any comments on these?  

Nick
Scott
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2003, 04:42:13 PM »

I liked GHOST OF MARS. How much did you pay for it?
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2003, 05:22:39 PM »

Actually, I got Ghost of Mars for free.  It was originally 7.99, but there was a buy 2 DVD's and get the third free sale going on, so it ended up being the free one.  The buy 2 DVD's get one free sale wasn't at the Trading Zone, but it was at Video Game and Music Exchange on Smoky Row Rd.  I had originally meant to mention that, but forgot.  They still have a decent selection, though.

Nick
Scott0
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2003, 07:13:00 PM »

You're going to love both Kung Fu The Movie and Gymkata. I really love how Gymkata's country runs "The Game" and lets their old and extremely ugly citizens chase and watch, and then promises to grant one wish. Like that little country has the kind of influence in the world to do that! Look around! You have one city, and a small town you ship your crazy people off too! Spend some time on the interior.

Scottie

Kangaroo Jack #1 in the box office? Let the revolution against Hollywood begin.
Lee
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2003, 01:44:10 AM »

hOLY CRAP nICK! Your finding some great spots. Once I have some wheels agin I'm gonna strat hunting for these goldmine stores.

This is the Hell that's my life.-Howard Stern: Private Parts
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2003, 02:50:17 AM »

Yeah Lee, I don't know how I've been lucking out lately.  I just go around to every video store that I can and sometimes I strike gold.  Usually what I'll do is look up places in the Yellow Pages and go to them.  Hope you get your wheels back soon so you can get some good finds too!

Nick
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Today's finds. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.