Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:37:37 PM
714415 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Good Bad Movie Alert - Edge of Honor « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Good Bad Movie Alert - Edge of Honor  (Read 1084 times)
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« on: March 23, 2003, 11:59:40 PM »

Hey guys.  Ended up snagging this gem while perusing through a local place that was giving away tapes for three bucks.  Little did I know that this movie would turn out to be a diamond in the rough, although it initially had several things going against it.  

Has anyone seen this movie?  I'm guessing that I'm probably one of the only people that has seen it, but I highly recommend this movie.  Yeah, the cover of the movie is pretty stupid, AND is has Corey Feldman plastered on it, so that would be the two aforementioned strikes against it right off the bat.  I won't do a review of the movie, 'cuz I'm not too good at them, so I'll keep it simple.  The movie plays out as a group of boy scouts (led by Corey Feldman and his little pal) trying to escape certain death by a group of smugglers (one of them played amusingly by Don Swayze, Patrick's lesser known yet ugly as hell brother) when they accidentally discover the smugglers' hidden weaponry.  It's a Most Dangerous Game style movie that is actually pretty damn good.  Admittedly, I'm a huge fan of these types of movies.  Surviving the Game, with Ice-T, Rutger Hauer, and Gary Busey is my favorite b-movie of all time, so that should say something (other than my lack of taste in movies).  Anyways, I was surprised at how good this movie was.  Feldman isn't too annoying, and the movie moves along at a good pace.  Anyways, this one comes highly recommended from me.  If anyone gets a chance, which is unlikely since the movie is pretty unknown, check it out.

Speaking of Most Dangerous Game-type movies (in case anyone doesn't know what this means, it's movies that deal with people being hunted by other people) does anyone know of any other movies that deal with this sort of theme?  I know about the obvious ones (Surviving the Game, Hard Target, etc.) but I'm sure there are more out there that are lesser-known.  Any other movies that deal with this sort of theme?

Nick
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2003, 12:20:47 AM »

DEAR SWEET LORD!!! I have seen this! It had to be at least 10 years ago, on like USA or some other generic basic cable channel. I haven't given it a second thought since then. Thanks for bringing it all flooding back.

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2003, 02:29:13 AM »

I'm with you, Deej.  I had remembered seeing this movie a long time ago, and when I saw it in the store, I nearly flipped.  And it's still a pretty cool little movie even to this day, IMO.  Of course I probably liked it more back then, but it's still held the test of time pretty well.  It's only a couple of dollars on Amazon.com, and I'm sure they have it on Ebay too.  Not a bad timewaster for that kind of money.

Nick
Squishy
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2003, 03:58:52 AM »

Holy crap, Deej--cite your quotes! Before somebody gets the wrong idea and goes nutzilla...(It's "Death" from "Monty Python's The Meaning Of Life.")

Wow. Corey Feldman. Boy scouts. Smugglers. If it was a '60s or '70s Disney live-action turd, where the bad guys are only a little mean, I could buy that...but in this "Die Hard/Under Siege" era, I can't imagine such a thing. I mean, it can't be very violent or have a really high body count, can it? I mean...boy scouts? Oof.

Please, Deej, tell me they ain't wearing shorts...
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2003, 03:25:28 PM »

Squishy, actually, you'd be surprised.  The movie is pretty violent.  It's got an R-rating, and for pretty good reason.  There's a decent body count, but the director didn't shy away from shotgun squibs or inventive little traps that are used to kill the smugglers.  Don't get me wrong, the movie is no Dead Alive, but then again, it's far from Disney material.  Besides, the movie doesn't preach about them being boy scouts.  It's pretty much a valid excuse for having them messing around in the woods.  

Nick
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2003, 12:08:30 AM »

>Speaking of Most Dangerous Game-type movies (in case anyone doesn't know
>what this means, it's movies that deal with people being hunted by other people)
>does anyone know of any other movies that deal with this sort of theme?

One of the 3 segments in the original Fantasy Island TV movie was about a hunter who wanted to be hunted to see how it felt.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Good Bad Movie Alert - Edge of Honor « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.