Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:23:22 AM
714514 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies that nobody knows how to make anymore « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Movies that nobody knows how to make anymore  (Read 2269 times)
Paquita
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2003, 01:44:19 AM »

If theres anything I love almost as much as a zombie its a PIRATE! ARRR!! the ass of a fine lass be the booty fer me!  heheeee! alright thats dumb but if i heard someone say it to me id melt!  MAN! and a zombie pirate is just TOO MUCH!  BUTT ive never seen a pirate movie that wasnt Hook. and i dont really consider that a pirate movie.  
whats a good pirate movie?  i dont think ive ever seen one!!
 and i dont mean a dashing man dressed as a darty pirate winnin the harts o fancy wimmin  i mean a good bloody beating abusive pirate movie!!

love colleen
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2003, 03:53:37 AM »

>What are some others that I might have missed?

Not my favorites, but how abaout;

Arabian fantasies, like The Thief of Bagdad, Sinbad etc.
Jungle adventures like Tarzan, Bomba etc.

>The horror genre moves in cycles, every few years some pinhead in the papers
>wonders why such gruesome movies are popular (with lots of pseudo babble
>explaining it this way and that way) then, when a trend dies down, someone
>writes an article proclaiming the horror genre dead

Everyone's probably sick of me saying this, but the horror genre moves in cycles because executives have no concept of quality. It goes like this;

-A good horror movie comes out.
-Executives see it making money and want to jump on the bandwagon.
-Their movies are crap.
-Since they have no concept of quality, they can't see that they're crap.
-Their movies flop.
-Since they can't see that they're crap, they think the only reason their movies flopped where another succeeded is that the public is tired of horror movies.
-They decide that horror movies are no longer popular enough to make.

This happens with SF films too as well as specific 'franchises'. After each of the lame Trek films (the odd numbered films), I read some dimwit saying that the public had lost interest in Star Trek. No, they just won't pay to see lame movies. Of course this idea that one Star Trek movie might not be as good as another is lost on them...
Kev
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2003, 07:50:02 AM »

What about Zombie movies? When was the last really great zombie movie a-la Dawn of the Dead made?
jmc
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2003, 09:56:20 AM »

The Japanese made a couple of good ones in the late 90s, depending on one's tastes--personally, I didn't like WILD ZERO because it wasn't scary enough, but JUNK was good.  Zombies are a little too specific for me to consider it a genre by itself, but there's been at least one film [RESIDENT EVIL] released that had zombies in it.  Whether it was a "good zombie movie" or not is another question.
I like the old films, but there's only so much you can do with zombies.
J Perk
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2003, 10:21:46 AM »

I'll have to say they don't make old fashioned Martial Arts movies any more.  I 'm talking about with bad dubbing, and a lot of absurd fighting styles.  (like in Grey Eagle Silver Fox when the old man used Baked Chicken Style and Wooden Spoon).  We get a few movies that are made now or a decade ago  that are beter but don't seem to have the exact same charm.

They also don't know how to make good buddy movies like Bill and Ted.  Something so entertainingly funny is rare.  The same for good old fashioned action movies with no plot but that still are good.
Scott
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2003, 10:37:06 AM »

Epics are never done today. Like those Roman Legion type films. A cast of thousands type stuff.
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2003, 02:52:07 PM »

I don't know of any good bloody beating abusive Pirate movies. The Island, had pretty nasty and somewhat abusive pirates in it. But, no one likes that one....except me. The Black Pirate has a good scene where a pirate cuts a guy open to get at a ring he swallowed, and when he gets the ring out of the man's gut, it's all wet and shiny, presumably with gastric juices.

All the Pirate flicks I like heavily feature "dashing man dressed as a darty pirate winnin the harts o fancy wimmin ", I like the Errol Flynn, Basil Rathbone, sword fighting without messing up your hair movies. Like Captain Blood and The Sea Hawk. That's right! I enjoy watching fine boned Englishmen, with pencil-thin mustaches, dressed in tights, hopping around, and hitting each other with their swords. DON'T JUDGE ME!!!!!

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies that nobody knows how to make anymore « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.