Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:32:38 PM
714474 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  best military men « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: best military men  (Read 1578 times)
gammaray117
« on: March 21, 2003, 09:43:13 PM »

Yes, it's the spry young newcomer with a penchant for giant monsters. In these films,  the Army, Navy, Marines, or Air Force(please choose one) is called in. Of course, someone's gotta be in charge. Who's the best?
General Hanson- A friendly, helpful, intellegent guy who LISTENS to Ed in BEGINNING OF THE END. Quite a rarity.
 General Hanson is one of my  top choices. If you're interested, drop a message saying who your favotite kill-really-big-stuff guy is and why.

P.S.- If you're wondering who my least favorite is, it's General Grayson from REPTILICUS.
Scott
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2003, 11:50:03 PM »

That Captain (?) in IT CONQUERED THE WORLD. Some kind of bat  alien things bite or implant something into the necks of people.  One of them being this army person who has the most bizarre walk. The film seems to accentuate him walking away from the camera. Cracked me up immediately.
Hamburger Pimp
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2003, 11:59:46 PM »

I recently saw "Horror Express," with Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing.  It's about an ancient alien mummy on a train in Siberia...  Anyway, you have to see Telly Savalas as the cossack officer it that one.  He is totally bad ass... for about 10 minutes.

"I'm so bad, I kick my own ass twice a day"
Scott
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2003, 12:04:56 AM »

Yea, Hamburger I bought a copy of HORROR EXPRESS put out be CATCOM and loved it. Telly Savalas was great. Zombies in this one !!!!!!
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2003, 01:22:11 PM »

Kind of like Gen. Aso from the 90's G flicks.
Hummm....The General from "War of the worlds". "I haven't seen you since Oak Ridge!".....

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2003, 09:29:08 PM »

I vote for Sylvain from "Light Years."  Actually, he is more like a CIA operative in the movie.

In "Gamera: Guardian of the Universe" the military was not doing too bad.  They did a pretty good job of catching the Gaos.  Unfortunately, later on they started shooting at the wrong monster.  Their surface to air missile crews needed some work too.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Flangepart

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2003, 02:18:26 PM »

Yeah, with a target THAT big....The missle truck we saw before Gamera gets his fanny waxed is real, btw. Seen it in Jane's anti aircraft systems.
Hummm....For an evil space Nazi, General Viers leading the way in "Empire strikes back" fits the bill.
I add Admiral Piet, as well. I felt sorry for the poor schmuck when Vader "Promoted" him.

gammaray117
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2003, 07:20:43 PM »

Who taught any of those soldiers to shoot?

"The monster is approaching from the left!"

"Quick, fire all our artillery to the right!"

For the record, I like General Aso too.
Flangepart

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2003, 06:45:11 PM »

Ah, yes! Am i the only one who thinks the JSDF does as much city damage as the monsters? Aim, guys,aim! If you can hit a tank at a mile, a creature the size of a major skyscraper is no problimo!

gammaray117
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2003, 09:02:40 PM »

Apparantly the Danish Army ain't too good at distingushing buildings from giant acid-spewing snakes either. Did you see in REPTILICUS how their artillery hit the building and blew it to pieces?

"Fools that they are, trying to slay it with mere bullets." -BEGINNING OF THE END DVD audio commentary.
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2003, 04:44:20 AM »

Bridadier General Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart, brave leader of U.N.I.T. from Doctor Who.  Best damn military man in the SF business.  The man takes no **** and kicks major alien ass.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Private Joker
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2003, 03:26:08 PM »

Easily George C. Scott as Patton or Jack Nicholson in A Few Good Men.Brother Ragnarok wrote:

> Bridadier General Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart, brave
> leader of U.N.I.T. from Doctor Who.  Best damn military man in
> the SF business.  The man takes no **** and kicks major alien
> ass.
>
> Brother R
>
>
Flangepart

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2003, 04:09:51 PM »

Here,here, old chap! Any man who can say "Just once, i'd like to meet an alien menace that wasen't impervious to bullets" is a man to recon with!

Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2003, 04:39:29 PM »

What about the greatest order given in the history of the military?  "Chap with the wings, five rounds rapid!"

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Flangepart

« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2003, 11:22:11 AM »

Do'h!, missed that one. Stewart is a hoot, mon.
U.N.I.T. = Unbeliably Nasty Intersteller Tourists...well, its what they useualy dealwith!

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  best military men « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.