Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:12:48 AM
714392 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Sponge bob « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Sponge bob  (Read 4616 times)
Hardboiled
« on: April 03, 2003, 05:18:19 PM »

How and why do people love this show so much. It is the most retarded thing i have ever seen in my life. Plus i mean come on he's farkin ugly as all hell why do people like it please explain. And if you say pot references well thats not gonna fly. Cuz its a s**tty show ok i needed to get that off my chest after seeing like 97 sponge bob t shirts at school today
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2003, 05:28:25 PM »

AMEN Hardboiled.

Yes I have seen this show and it sucks. The voice sucks, the characters suck, it is awful. To me Spoungebob is just a bunch of random images linked by a very loose storyline, if linked at all. Why does America even like this ****???

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Dr. X, Yyz, Sr..
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2003, 05:37:30 PM »

It gave me Toxic shock Syndrome just trying to picture what this "sponge-bob" looks like
Damien01
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2003, 05:48:28 PM »

Hay, its so bad its funny... I guess that is why I like the show... its kind of a milder South Park...

Also, did anybody seen South Park yesterday... Very good show... :D
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2003, 06:12:59 PM »

My kid loves the show and I enjoy it every now and then.

They're making a Spongebob Movie, you know.  :-)

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Bernie
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2003, 06:25:39 PM »

My wife & I love it, without apologies.  I think it's hysterical, good for both kids & adults.
systemcr4sh
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2003, 07:28:37 PM »

finally someone to stand up for us spongebob lovers! I have 2 of the dvds I think its a hilarious show, like bernie said there is lots of mild "adult" humor that goes over the kids heads, so its great for Kids and Adults alike,  I think its great.

-Dan

"Evil will always triumph, because good, is dumb"
-Spaceballs

"Now life's like a b-movie, That no one wants to see,
Here comes the zombie, Portraying me."
     - Dillinger Four
Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2003, 07:54:25 PM »

Well, I don't like your eggs, but I agree about the cartoon, my friend.  Sponge Bob is lame.  Y'know what else I hate?  Dragon Ball Z.  Stupid confusing pointless crap.  If your anime is going to be confusing, make it a cool confusing like Evangelion.
Courage the Cowardly Dog, however, rules.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Andrew
Administrator

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2003, 07:59:37 PM »

Brother Ragnarok wrote:

> Courage the Cowardly Dog, however, rules.

I like Courage, but only in small doses.  Watching more than one episode every so often quickly makes the show get old for me.  "Space Ghost: Coast to Coast" on the other hand - that I can watch all the time.  Showed a few episodes to the Marines and they tortured the other platoons with, "Build a robot, name it Orlando, and send it to buy a comb for Hanson." for a few days.

Don't even get me started about the "Bad, Bad Rubber Piggy" episode of Zim...

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2003, 11:33:16 PM »

My thoughts:

Spongebob: I can't get into it-- It just feels like a dumbed-down version of Rocko's Modern Life (which never got the respect it deserved).

Courage: I think I'd like this show a lot if they just changed the dog-- got rid of his voice, toned him down a notch, etc. The art direction and timing are very interesting, but the dog's reactions just seem forced.

Space Ghost: Definitely agree with Andrew. I think my favorite might be the one with Thom York of Radiohead; I can't tell you how many times my friends and I have broken out singing "I'm a kniiiife... knifin' aroooouuuund... CUTCUTCUTCUTCUTCUTCUT!!!"

Anyone remember Eek the Cat? Now there was a cartoon that never got its due. Any Saturday morning cartoon show with the guts to do spot-on parodies of A Clockwork Orange, Apocalypse Now, and Lord of the Flies is alright in my book.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
systemcr4sh
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2003, 11:35:45 PM »

Man, Rokos Modern Life, now that was a great show. Space ghost is good too (only seen a few episodes). I also enjoy Ren And Stimpy, the earlier nikelodian stuff was always pretty good. I remember a show called COW AND CHICKEN that was pretty good too. Eek! The Cat was one of the shows I watched a ton as a kid. Great one too.

-Dan

"Evil will always triumph, because good, is dumb"
-Spaceballs

"Now life's like a b-movie, That no one wants to see,
Here comes the zombie, Portraying me."
     - Dillinger Four
Bernie
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2003, 11:59:29 AM »

Space Ghost -- never as clever as it thought it was.  For really funny -- and strange -- postmodern f*cking around with old animation icons, try Harvey Birdman -- only  a few episodes have appeared as of yet, but they've all been very funny, very deadpan, very pomo.

I also like Home Movies quite a lot (if you're looking for a character with no redeeming qualities whatsoever, let's hear it for Coach McGurk!)  -- luckily I just read there will be new episodes coming in the fall.

Simpsons is showing its age but not nearly as bad as its critics claim -- still better than 98% of TV.

South Park is back with new episodes and they've been really funny.  Slipping back under the cultural radar is the best thing that ever happened to them.

For those who claim Spongebob's drawing is bad, I really can't understand -- they have some of the best over-the-top facial expressions I've seen in recent animation -- sometimes they remind me of Harpo Marx in the way they express completely outsized glee or horror.

All just my 2 cents of course.
jmc
« Reply #12 on: April 04, 2003, 12:12:28 PM »

Birdman kills me....too bad they don't play him much now.  Hopefully they'll put Harvey back on the Adult Swim rotation soon.

I think my favorites are probably Aqua Teen Hunger Force.  The episode with the Happy Time Harry doll is probably my favorite cartoon of all time.  I like Brak too, but I think I've seen all of those now.  

I also like Sealab 2021.
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: April 04, 2003, 01:13:48 PM »

On Adult Swim I enjoyed the one with Will Ferell called the Oblongs as well as Home Movies. Dexter's Lab is great and I too was a HUGE fan of Rocko's Modern Life.

Now Adult Swim is bizzare (at least from 12-2) only one that I like that has a cat/ninja who for some reason is looking for shards. I dont know why I like it, but I do

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #14 on: April 04, 2003, 03:42:30 PM »

If we're talking about Adult Swim, how can you guys be leaving out their two best shows?  The Ripping Friends and Mission Hill?

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Sponge bob « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.