Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:01:15 PM
714383 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Sponge bob « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Sponge bob  (Read 4615 times)
Squishy
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2003, 06:37:32 PM »

It's great that Cartoon Network rescued "Home Movies"--and Squigglevision--from oblivion...I can  only pray that somehow, they might do the same for "Futurama." Comedy Central axed the popular "Dr. Katz: Professional Therapist" without a word following a marathon-airing of an entire new season; I still don't know what the hell happened. No syndication, nothing.
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2003, 06:44:30 PM »

Adult Swim is the best damn stuff on television. I didn't use to like Aqua Teen Hunger Force as much, but it's been growing on me. Happy Time Harry was hilarious, and the Christmas episode (with "the ghost of Christmas past," the true story of Santa Claus, and Glen Danzig moving in for no particular reason) was one of the most brilliantly screwed up things I've seen in years.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
raj
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2003, 07:52:25 PM »

I like Courage, though I suppose it would get tiresome in large doses.

I've heard the appeal of Spongebob is mostly among the stoner set, I guess it came twenty years too late for me.

And what the hell is up with catdog?  As a friend once commented, how does that thing go to the bathroom?
Scott0
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2003, 01:38:39 AM »

Check out www.ATHF.com for a kick ass fan site about the show. It's got some really cool stuff, and a fun message board that is the only other message board I frequent on the internet. I love the show so much. "Oh, I am immortal--- I AM FOREVER!!! ---- okay, I'm not immortal--- I think this branch can hold m---- it's not holding!!!"

Kangaroo Jack #1 in the box office? Let the revolution against Hollywood begin.
Scott0
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2003, 01:41:31 AM »

Ripping Friends SUCKS hard. Mission Hill is very, very good. Much more grown up than ATHF, or Sealab, and their humor exists on a different level than most other cartoons. The WB made a huge mistake cancelling the show in the first place.

Scottie

Kangaroo Jack #1 in the box office? Let the revolution against Hollywood begin.
TC
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2003, 03:08:17 AM »

I admit it...I love Spongebob.  I find it hilarious.....And it's the only children's show where I have seen a gratuitous movie clip of Nosferatuu (sp?) with Spongebob saying something like "Oh, Nosferatu!" and then the characters breaking into typical sitcom ending laughter.
Flangepart

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2003, 01:19:22 PM »

Spongebob is weird...but it leaves me cold.
Harvey Birdman! "Unibooboo, Don Fred Flinstone,Hot coffie on the crotch..." how can you not laugh your butt off?
Sealab 2021! "Tin fins"...need i say more?
Space Ghost, Coast to Coast! The time they got high on natural gas...Bill Mumy and Mark Hammil and the Sci-Fi expocon....duleing chefs (You killed the chicken! Murderer!)....
The Ventures. A Jonny Quest parody that kicks Keester! Do they have more then one Ephisode?
Yeah....adult swim, and the Toon network promos....Good Stuff!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
systemcr4sh
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2003, 06:30:18 PM »

I totally forgot about home videos! They used to show it on a channel I get and I watched it all the time, it's so hilarious!

-Dan

"Evil will always triumph, because good, is dumb"
-Spaceballs

"Now life's like a b-movie, That no one wants to see,
Here comes the zombie, Portraying me."
     - Dillinger Four
Andrew Crow
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2003, 12:20:29 AM »

Rocko's Modern Life could school ALL of these cartoons. What other cartoon had "SHAVE THE WEASEL"?!

Man...they should release Rocko on DVD. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.
Squishy
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2003, 05:56:10 AM »

UPN carried "Home Movies" at the start. (If that's what Systemcr4sh meant by "Home Videos." I make the same damn mistake.) It only lasted a few episodes there. Likewise, the hilarious "The Oblongs" didn't complete its first season on the WB, and FOX is still frequently pre-empting the last few unshown "Futurama" episodes with g**d*** REPEATS of "The Simpsons" and "King of the Hill." Bastards.
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2003, 01:14:17 AM »

Woah woah!  Ripping Friends sucks?  It's Superman + Ren and Stimpy with a healthy dose of Beavis and Butthead.  Sure the humor is dumb as ****, but sometimes you need a little goofiness.
Mission Hill is definitely a cut above the rest, though.  They have some kickass satire on that show.  My favorite episode is the one that pays homage to Plan 9 and cult audience participation movies.  Makes me think the people behind that show have been to B-Fest a few times.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
jmc
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2003, 09:11:36 AM »

I see they're getting ready to add Family Guy to the Adult Swim lineup.  I can't wait!   I wonder what they'll have to displace for that, though...maybe the Oblongs, which would be too bad I guess...I like the Oblongs, but sometimes it seems like the show tries too hard to be weird and kooky.  

I only saw one episode of Ripping Friends [along with the promos they play.]  Just wasn't my cup of tea.  The weird takeoffs they do on The Wonder Twins during breaks are probably a better way to satirize the superheroes.  

Really wish they hadn't added FUTURAMA, but I'm starting to think I'm the only person who doesn't like that show [except maybe for the execs at Fox!]
Bernie
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2003, 02:49:19 PM »

Alas, the newer episodes don't use Squigglevision.
Shoospoo
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2003, 04:13:02 PM »

It's all about Ren & Stimpy.
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2003, 04:37:11 PM »

jmc, you are not alone.

Futurama was a terrible cartoon, Not funny, much like the Simpsons is unfortunately going downhill too (however there are still some gems to see).

I also dislike the Family Guy, the characters are too static and it is too offernsive (This coming from a die hard South Park fan, which at least has its offensiveness in an obviously satirical or well educated manner). I also despise the family guy's animation.

I think better additions to Adult Swim,  would be The Tick (who could kick Spoungebob's a$$) and perhaps new episodes of the Critic A great show that probably has more material now than ever.

Whos with me????

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Sponge bob « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.