Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:14:53 PM
714415 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Return of Sabata (1971) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Return of Sabata (1971)  (Read 905 times)
Scott
« on: April 05, 2003, 12:06:57 AM »

Encore Western Channel just showed RETURN OF SABATA (1971). Its a Speghetti Western starring Lee Van Cleef. The films starts out with a staged gun fight inside a building. It seemed to be some sort of circus as spectators watched and applauded as Van Cleef shoots six opponents, but it is all staged. The film has the feel of the TV show WILD WILD WEST. Good production with a large cast and expensive looking western town. Van Cleef has an assortment of tricks and guns at his disposal and a bunch of acrobats that also help him out. It dosn't have any real serious moments and leans towards comedy. Its better than BAD MANS RIVER and GOD'S GUN which Van Cleef also starred in. Don't make any special plans to see it, but if you are a fan of Speghetti Westerns and Lee Van Cleef and it happens to be on TV then you will want to check it out.
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2003, 12:35:47 AM »

Good Call, Scott. I think the Wsterns Channel is doing a VanCleef tribute this month. They're playing a bunch of his movies.

I missed Return of Sabata tonight, my neighbors were over and wanted to watch Harry Potter. I said my neighbors wanted to watch it!!! Really, it was them!!

If they run it again before I leave, I definitely wanna catch it.

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2003, 12:58:37 PM »

Ooh, Yeah. This is a gooden'. The kind of Speghetti western that calls for repeat viewing. Love the unashamidly out there attitude of the thing. Even put the theme song on one of my cruisin' tapes!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2003, 01:49:59 PM »

The Westerns Channel re-ran Return Of Sabata early this morning, so I was able to catch it. I wasn't disappointed, it did have a comic fee to it and quitea bit of slapstick. I think you must be right about the budget Scott, not only the sets but also the costumes looked far better than the average '70s western.

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Musukogoji
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2003, 11:24:37 PM »

If you people liked "Return of Sabata", you MUST check out the original "Sabata" from 1969 (Italian title, "Hey Friend, Sabata's Here! Close Everything"). It blows "Return of Sabata" away in almost every catagory and Van Cleef gives a far better performance as the gunslinger (it's said he was drunk during the making of "Return of Sabata").
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Return of Sabata (1971) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.