Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:04:54 AM
714544 Posts in 53100 Topics by 7748 Members
Latest Member: Lucinda02
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Cube 2: Hypercube on SciFi « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Cube 2: Hypercube on SciFi  (Read 1719 times)
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: April 02, 2003, 06:38:08 PM »

Cube 2 is on SciFi this Saturday at 9. Most comments on the IMDB said it wasn't as good as the original, but a few people seemed to like it. Anyone planning to watch it?
SkullNinja
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2003, 02:41:27 AM »

I've got the DVD on order and will probably wait until it coms in (about the end of the month) to view it.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2003, 11:31:08 AM »

I plan to get the DVD as well. I already have the original. I might as well invest in part 2 . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Fearless Freep

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2003, 12:01:17 PM »

My life is such that blocking out two particular hours in the evening to be engrossed in a movie doesn't work, so I'll wait for the rental.

I enjoyed the first one

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
JohnL

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2003, 11:57:41 PM »

>My life is such that blocking out two particular hours in the evening to be
>engrossed in a movie doesn't work, so I'll wait for the rental.

You might be interested in this new invention called a "VCR" that can actually let you record stuff on TV and watch it when you want to...
hollywood bill
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2003, 10:23:17 PM »

Dont watch it....I have seen the first one-excellent sci-fi movie.  Has all the classic traits: mystery, intrigue, technilogical marvels, and interesting charaters that developed quick that didnt seem too phoney. Part 2 was nothing like that
  I sat through the first 30 mins and was so bored, I was falling asleep.  the sequel it seemed, had not a hint of flavor of the first.  The players were so fake in their acting and portrayal I rolled my eyes in the back of my head with every line they spoke.  Nothing like the first one. No uniforms, no dark camera style approprate to that type of movie, F/X that were really lame(i despise CGI for the most part)
  I think it was the actors that did it for me- the rest i could have stomached, but after seeing the acting, I gave up - A blind, pseudo-pyshic girl??? the director watched "Langoliers" too many times.  A f**king senior citizien with Alhzeimer's?  Jesus wept.  And of course they had to throw in the "I deeply care about every one so much that I will practically die for them even though I dont know any of them" personality right of the bat.

I might be wrong- it has happened before- but I think the movie sucked ass and i didnt even have to watch the whole to see that- Do yourself a favor and dont watch.

"Conan, what is best in Life?"
"Crush your enimies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of the women."
                Conan- (Conan the Barbarian)

JohnL

« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2003, 11:45:23 PM »

Well, I DID watch the whole thing and while I didn't think it was a horrible movie, it was nowhere near as good as the first one. Cube was relatively believable, but Cube 2 was completely impossible. Spoilers follow...

Everything in the movie seems to suggest that the Hypercube was a real, man-made object. There were visible screws, bare metal etc, and in the end, it showed that they were located in what looked like a hanger. Unfortunately, the things they showed happening would be impossible outside of virtual reality and the hanger wouldn't have been big enough to hold more than a handful of cube rooms.

Where the first one left you wondering why the people were placed in the cube, the second made even less sense. What would have been the point of building it in the first place? What was the object they wanted back? How did the blind girl get into it? Why would the woman enter it without knowing for sure that it was possible to get back out? Also, since the traps just seemed to come and go, there was no real feeling of danger most of the time.

This movie gives me the impression that the creators just looked at the first film, thought "Let's put more people in cube shaped rooms, but we'll make it even stranger!" without giving any thought to whether it would be believable or not.
jmc
« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2003, 11:49:11 PM »

So is it sort of like the various "sequels" to Rubik's Cube during the 80s?  Is it like Magic Snake or Alexander's Star or even Rubik's Revenge?  Do they just put them in some other puzzle?
Pesatyel
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2003, 01:12:34 AM »

I'd have to agree.  to top it off, THE premiere hacker extrordinare is BLIND?  Gimme a break.  Not to say that they don't have computer equipment for the blind, but super-hacker is a bit much.  Then, they just POOF everyone else just kinda disappears.  Where the hell did the kid and the chick in red go?  Where did the "missing" girl come from (the one the private eye was looking for).  In addition, when they were introducing each of the characters, they showed snippets of what happened to each person and, to me at least, it appeared that some of them were lying down hooked up to machines.  So was THAT nothing or was it just my imagination?  I'd have to add the movie was VERY boring as well.
JohnL

« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2003, 09:28:11 AM »

>So is it sort of like the various "sequels" to Rubik's Cube during the 80s? Is it like
>Magic Snake or Alexander's Star or even Rubik's Revenge? Do they just put

I'd say it was more like the Magic Snake. The configuration of the rooms changed on a moment by moment basis. A door closes, you open it again and the room you see is completely different than it was 10 seconds ago. Go through the left door and you end up in the same room via the right door.

>Where the hell did the kid and the chick in red go?

They went into that room with the messed up time and turned into mummified corpses while screwing in mid-air. Remember when the blonde opened the door and saw the naked corpses spinning around in the air? That was the kid and the girl in the red dress.

>it appeared that some of them were lying down hooked up to machines. So was
>THAT nothing or was it just my imagination?

I saw them all lying on gurneys at the start. wrapped in plastic.
kokoon
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2003, 05:07:00 AM »

this is the worst  movie ive ever seen in my life.

i liked cube. i really did. the sequel is talking about hypercube, but apparently people responsible for move have no idea what a tesseract - a hypercube - is.

the acting is weak, THE SCREENPLAY IS A DISASTER! the dialogs are simply humiliating, i have yet to see most of the world's worst movies, but i think these dialogs are just the worst ever.

direction = bad.

only watch extemely stoned and try to laugh at this movie's misery.
Dunners
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2003, 12:03:27 AM »

*yawn* nothign special happens, nothing really exciting happens. I saw the second half of the movie and that was enough. had a few interesting things but nohting to really enjoy. I never saw the original but this..blaugh....

the main blonde chick gave a good performance even though I dont know why she was there but guessed from the depressing ending. Dotn know why she cared for the whiney annoyign Asian girl who had no real relevence and I was glad to see her die( too bad it was a clean lame death)

I dont really understand why the PI chose to become a cannibal just like that, or why he was suddenly old and stuff. course I didnt see the first half of the movie but even so, its nice to get an exposition.

I did enjoy some of the direction, it did look like some weird ass video game and there was a good amount of artistic ideas in camera angles and stuff. but that wasnt enough for me to say I liked the movie. I keep hearing how unique and gorey the first is, I guess I'll have to check it out
JohnL

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2003, 09:49:42 AM »

>I keep hearing how unique and gorey the first is, I guess I'll have to check it out

It had a couple gore scenes, but it wasn't that bad. It IS a much better movie though. Think of Cube 2, only with more interesting rooms and a realistic design.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Cube 2: Hypercube on SciFi « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.