Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 06:36:31 AM
714554 Posts in 53100 Topics by 7748 Members
Latest Member: Lucinda02
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Matrix Reloaded, bad CGI... « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: The Matrix Reloaded, bad CGI...  (Read 7567 times)
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: April 16, 2003, 05:35:22 AM »

Has anyone seen the ads for The Matrix Reloaded yet? If so, am I correct in thinking that during one of the fight scenes they showed (the one where Reeves is fighting with a pole/staff) he turned into a bad CGI character similar to the ones in Blade II? At one point he started to look like Gumby (jokes aside).
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2003, 05:39:33 AM »

I don't know about that, but can anyone confirm the rumors I've heard that Daniel Bernhardt, a.k.a. Jean Claude Gosh Darn from Future War, has a fairly major role in the next two Matrix movies?

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2003, 01:19:04 PM »

Will the MATRIX movies go down in history as being classic examples of mega-hype?

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
ahab
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2003, 05:35:02 PM »

I don't know about that, but can anyone confirm the rumors I've heard that Daniel Bernhardt, a.k.a. Jean Claude Gosh Darn from Future War, has a fairly major role in the next two Matrix movies?

Brother R

i know he is playing one of the agents. don't know how big his role is.
Susan
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2003, 07:17:24 PM »

CGI is in my opinion being "done to death" in current movies. Less is more, otherwise we might as well be watching a cartoon

Skaboi
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2003, 07:29:02 AM »

I agree.  More so in horror films than in straight out action flicks.  I'd much rather have a latex monster than some CGI crap.
Foywonder
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2003, 10:31:25 AM »

If you think the CGI in the new MATRIX looks bad then you just need to stop going to the movies because, like it or not, this is going to become the norm. Also, that is about the best CGI I've seen in quite sometime. Sheesh.
kriegerg69
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2003, 10:49:54 AM »

No desire to see it.....I have the first MATRIX on dvd and wasn't that impressed with it overall. Watched it ONCE....great FX, but that's about it. In NO big hurry to see any of the sequels.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
"Mein Führer! I can walk!!"
Damien01
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2003, 01:49:23 PM »

Skaboi

I agree. More so in horror films than in straight out action flicks. I'd much rather have a latex monster than some CGI crap.

I think its cheaper today to do CGI then to make a latex monster.
Fearless Freep

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2003, 02:25:39 PM »

All special effects require a certain suspension of belief because done well they will suffice but done poorly, they look pretty bad.

Which really looks worse:

A CGI shark in "Deep Blue Sea" or a plastic shark and stock footage in "Shark Attack 2"?

A CGI person falling off a building, or an underweight mannequion tossed of a building?

Godzilla as an obvious guy in a rubber suit tearing up a painfully obvious model Tokyo or Godzilla as an obvious CGI tearing up a painfully obvious computer model New York.

A CGI spider man flying around the city or a blue screen superman flying around the world?

A CGI Yoda or a puppet Yoda?

It all can look good, or not... really just depends on how much effort the filmaker puts into it and how much the audience is willing to forgive for the sake of the story

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Damien01
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2003, 03:06:54 PM »

Well there is good CGI and bad CGI...

Spiderman... Bad CGI

T2... Good CGI

Final Fantasy... Bad CGI

Monsters Inc., Toy Story, Shrek... Good CGI

Hercules... Bad CGI

Star Trek Next Generation... Good CGI

Worst uses of CGI... Removing weapons from hands and repace with walkie talkies (ET), add usless crap to (Star Wars).

Best use of CGI... Finishing a movie with a dead actor (The Crow), Making holes in impossable locations to look real (Death Becomes Her).
Susan
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2003, 10:00:15 PM »

CGI doesn't equate to a better overall look. I've seen some movies where it looked so cartoonish that it completely took me away from the story. I'll take the dragon in "Dragonslayer" any day over "Dragonheart"

I don't think godzilla would have ever achieved cult status if not for the man in the rubber suit stombing on toy-size villages. While that is an extreme example of bad effects making a movie fun, just because it is NOT CGI doesn't mean that it looks fake. In many cases a movie has more atmosphere without all the computer graphics.

And yeah, unfortunately that is the cheaper way to go these days. More money in their pockets.

Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2003, 01:11:12 AM »

Obviously when it comes to opinions of The Matrix and it's sequels, it seems a given that most of you're gonna disagree with me.  Oh well....to each their own I say.

I look foward to this film & the next and will laugh at ALL of you when they gross millions!!!  (you know they will)

And I'd also bet that all or most of the people who put their 2 cents in on this post will go to see them.....

Am I wrong????

I think not.  

Another complaint.....I'm sick of people dogging Keanu Reeves.....I think he's a good actor and I hope that there are others here who admire him.   Don't be afraid to speak your mind fellow supporters!  Anyone who dogs him does so out of pure jealosy and/or envy as they wish they could've been the one cast in the role of NEO or any of his other roles.  (that probably isn't the reason you dislike him but hey...I had to throw something out there!)  (I'm sure most of you who disagree will use the above portion to quote me in their anti-opinions)

Even if you seriously don't like him, I DON'T CARE....I like him as an actor and I cannot and would not want to picture any other actor playing NEO.

Give the guy credit where credit is due.  Most of you will disagree with me and I have no problem with that.  But when those films gross MILLIONS like you & I know they will, Keanu & company will be laughing all the way to the bank while you sit at your computer wishing you were in his shoes!!!!!

lol!!!!

That's my opinion though.

Post Edited (04-19-03 15:13)
Skaboi
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2003, 08:42:58 AM »

I don't like CGI all that much, but like Ash said, I am really excited to see this new Matrix.  I hated the first one the first time I watched it but it got increasingly better each time I watched it.  I now realized it's a solid SF/Fantasy film, which is why the CGI isn't so bad in a film of it's nature.  

Think of it this way.  They are in a world that is controlled by computers.  Everything, including themselves are a computer manifestation.  Therefore, if something does look like a fake CGI graphic, then it fits in pretty well with the flick.  Atleast, that's what I tell myself to keep it from bothering me. :o)
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2003, 11:03:08 AM »

> Another complaint.....I'm sick of people dogging Keanu
> Reeves.....I think he's a good actor and I hope that there are
> others here who admire him.   Don't be afraid to speak your
> mind fellow supporters!  Anyone who dogs him does so out of
> pure jealosy and/or envy as they wish they could've been the
> one cast in the role of NEO or any of his other roles.  (that
> probably isn't the reason you dislike him but hey...I had to
> throw something out there!)  (I'm sure most of you who disagree
> will use the above portion to quote me in their anti-opinions)

Ha, You have found a supporter. While I do not think Keanu does anything that anyone, maybe even you Ash, could do. However, as long as he chooses his roles wisely, he tends to be a competent actor. I think he was excellent in his last three roles (Matrix, Sweet November, the Replacements) and did a fine job in other fare like Devil's Advocate and Bill and Ted

However, Ash, you must remember, more so than other "mainstream"actors, he does choose some real crap (Chain Reaction and Siddartha come to mind) and he should never be allowed to do Shakespeare (Much Ado About Nothing: Starring: Denzel Washington, Susan Sarandon, Michael Keaton, Kenneth Branagh and KEANU FREAKIN NO ACCENT OR EMOTION REEVES).

That being said, I do like Keanu and think he is not that bad of an actor. He suffers from Britney Spears disease by having above average talent, but not great talent, but lots of money, which makes it socially acceptable to hate him, despite any competence he has.

I DID like Devil's Advocate alot actually.

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  The Matrix Reloaded, bad CGI... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.