Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:00:38 PM
714500 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Waxworks the greatest bad movie ever made??? Ok, maybe second to Killer Clowns! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Waxworks the greatest bad movie ever made??? Ok, maybe second to Killer Clowns!  (Read 1754 times)
Damien01
« on: April 22, 2003, 01:49:49 PM »

This is one of the thousands of VHS's that I do owned but havent seen in many years (It could be 5 or 6 years). Anyway I was watching the movie last weekend... and I have came to realize that this is the perfect bad movie!!!

Sadly my vhs tape does look kind of old and I'm thinking of getting it in DVD... Also, I own an Unrated version of the movie... but it seems that the movie has been cutted in many parts (did anybody notice that, or is that me???)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2003, 02:19:59 PM »

I saw this on tape when it was first released. I haven't seen it in years, but I seem to remember that it was pretty gory. Possibly Zach Galligan's finest B-movie.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
JohnL

« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2003, 10:44:37 PM »

I'll never forgive Anthony Hickox for ruining this movie!

Before the film came out, they showed scenes from it on Robert Englund's World of Horror. They showed a couple of the characters entering the displays, Michelle Johnson at the vampire dinner, getting bitten, Deborah Foreman being chained up by the Marquis DeSade. I thought it looked like a great movie, then I saw it... Those were the *ONLY* parts of the movie worth watching, the rest was crap. Hickox has absolutely no clue how to do humor in a horror movie, but he insists on trying. Cut out the parts inside the displays and the rest of the movie looks like a spoof.

The only movie Hickox has ever made that was halfway decent is Full Eclipse and that's only because he didn't try to include any of his idiotic humor in it.
Skaboi
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2003, 07:51:20 AM »

I must agree with Damien01.  I recently saw this film on SciFi (along with the sequel), and was extremely impressed.  Although heavily cut for TV, this film was quite entertaining, and is a film that I plan to purchase in the near future.

As for the sequel, the only redeeming quality is Bruce Campbell as the scientist.  He has a truly hilarious role in this film and it is fantastic!  Otherwise, the movie sucked.
Fearless Freep

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2003, 05:18:45 PM »

I wonder is there are cult B movie actors, like "A list" actors who are hired simpy because their name on  the credits will gaurantee a certain amount of audience. "Yeah, we know this movie ain't much but if we can just get _______, we can double our take"

________ could be Bruce Cambell, Tim Thomerson, whomever.

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2003, 05:27:20 PM »

Fearless Freep wrote:

> I wonder is there are cult B movie actors, like "A list" actors
> who are hired simpy because their name on  the credits will
> gaurantee a certain amount of audience.

I believe the answer is "yes." I think that John Carradine, John Saxon, and Cameron Mitchell all fall into that category. If you want to move a little higher up the food chain, you can mention Rod Steiger, Eric Roberts, and Louis Gossett, Jr.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Damien01
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2003, 06:01:58 PM »

I think its not that they are looking for great actors for "B" movies... I think some great actors are willing to work in "B" movies so they could have a job (well, pre Made for Video)

Remember durring the late 60's and early 80's acting jobs werent as big as it seems to be today. Many actors had to work in TV shows, or even willing to work in some low "back door budget movie" [Lasor Blast come in mind as a typical movie that a high rate actor would be in]

Also I think Jeff Goldblum is one of those actors that undercut his acting rates to work in many of his movies. That is why I think he has a long list of movies, under his name, its not like we must see Jeff Goldblum...
Steven Millan
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2003, 04:18:58 AM »

Back then,this film was considered a pretty innovative,and heavily gory film,but,thanks to both its disposable sequel,and Anthony Hickox's descent(along with Jeff Burr and Kevin Tenney)into the realm of Promising Filmmaker Turned Talentless Hack,it's today considered cluttered junk,with a few interesting scenes worth catching (if you have the stomach distress bag with you,for all of those stupid scenes to handle).
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Waxworks the greatest bad movie ever made??? Ok, maybe second to Killer Clowns! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.