Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:06:56 AM
714522 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Desrt heat aka Coyote Moon aka Van Damme's Inferno. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Desrt heat aka Coyote Moon aka Van Damme's Inferno.  (Read 2256 times)
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: April 23, 2003, 09:38:24 AM »

Well, looks like I have to condecorate myself this time. There must exist some merit in founding and watching an even more crappy "Yojimbo" remake than Albert Pyun's "Omega Doom" was. I can imagine that at least I deserve the purple heart for the damage sustained while watching the goddam movie.

I'd better cut the crap: This one is a late Van Damme film directed by John Avildsen, of "Karate Kid" and "Rocky" fame. It just copies the usual "Yojimbo" storyline (two bands in a deserted village and a man who confronts them) setting it in a modern western fashion. Really crappy movie, the only good bits are watching Danny Trejo and Noriyuki "Pat" Morita in mediocre supporting roles. About Van Damme, I'd say it is a return to his origins, a lousy film where everybody seems to have carried their own wardrobe and where he is to show his ass again.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2003, 06:09:14 PM »

I'd have to concur with you, Neville.  Hell, I'd consider myself to be a really big JCVD fan and even I didn't like this one.  Where exactly did it go wrong?  Well, Neville pretty much hit the nail on the head, but I'm gonna add a few things:

1.  For starters, for a JCVD movie, there wasn't very much action.  But I've sat through JCVD movies before with lesser amounts of action than usual (Replicant) and enjoyed them, so not only did this movie not have very much action, but it was pretty boring.

2.  I actually thought Morita was wasted, but maybe that's just me.

3.  Trejo was his usual bad assed self, but there wasn't enough of him.  I realize this is a JCVD movie, but at least have Trejo be the bad guy or something!

4.  The main villain of the movie was weak.  

The movie did, however, have extremely great looking women in it.  That was a definite plus.  JCVD also has a threesome, and at that point, I'm sure he used a little bit of what creative control he has left over his movies to toss that gem in.  Anyways, that was amusing.  Unfortunately, one of the worst JCVD movies out there.  As much as this pains me to say it, avoid this one, unless you need a JCVD fix and have seen everything else.  

Nick
Steven Millan
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2003, 06:06:17 PM »

Yeah,guys,for "Desert Heat" truly was a Van Damme film that was so bizarre and badly cluttered,that even John Avidson hid behind one of those usual pseudonyms to hide his embarassment(he probably had much-due rent to pay when he accepted directing this one).
Juan Apagado
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2003, 07:02:51 PM »

Is "condecorate" a word?
Foywonder
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2003, 02:09:13 PM »

Apparently Van Damme spent much of the film shoot coming onto Jaime Pressly to the point that she went to the producer's threatening to file sexual harrassment charges if they didn't do something about it.
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2003, 03:42:56 PM »

Can you really blame Van Damme for that?  I mean I'm sure he came on too strong, but come on, it's Jaime Pressly..

Where did you hear about this, Foy?  Did Pressly come out and say this herself?  Just curious.

Nick
Foywonder
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2003, 12:27:02 AM »

I heard Jaime Pressly in an interview claim that he kept hitting on her the whole time even though she kept turning him down. I read the part about going to the producers and threatening a lawsuit on a celebrity gossip site. Apparently Van Damme is one of those actors who thinks he's entitled to sleep with his co-stars as this isn't the first time he's gotten in some hot water over stuff like this. Although, he isn't nearly as bad as Steven Seagal who has had numerous sexual harrasment lawsuits filed against him over the years by production assistants he's made obscene comments to.
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2003, 04:55:02 AM »

Nope. I meant "decorate", but my mind slipped.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2003, 03:57:46 PM »

By the way, I wasn't going against what you said Foy, I was just curious as to where you read about this.  I wouldn't be surprised.  I'm a huge JCVD fan, but I could definitely see him doing this.  The same goes with Seagal.

Nick
Johnny Blister
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2003, 07:32:30 PM »

My parents rented it when I was a little kid,but I couldnĀ“t see it because they refused to see it right after the introducing credits because they said it was crap.
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2003, 11:25:38 PM »

Your parents are very wise people, Johnny.  I never thought I would ever say that about a JCVD movie, but Desert Heat was pretty bad.  You aren't missing much man.

Nick
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Desrt heat aka Coyote Moon aka Van Damme's Inferno. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.