Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:44:48 PM
714480 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Trailers better than the movie « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Trailers better than the movie  (Read 880 times)
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« on: May 02, 2003, 02:42:55 PM »

Trailers, I believe, are the most crucial things to a movie, for you cant give too much of theplot away, which happens all too often, but sometimes they make no sense. However, every so often, there are what I call "perfect trailers" which make me want to see the movie, no matter what. However, in some cases, I have found the trailer was much better than the movie..

Fast and the Furious:
trailer seemed like a simple plot with lots of adrenaline pumping car jacking scenes.
Reality: a plodding, convoluded movie, with a total of one good scene in the whole movie.

Darkness Falls:
trailer was spine tingling, emphasizing the pictures and not mentioning the tooth fairy once, instead saying, just dont let the kid in the dark, I actually felt scared for the kid in the trailer.
reality: Tied for worst movie ever, lame villian, lame sounds, and the trailer made me feel more for the characters than the whole movie.

The 13th Warrior:
trailer called it Eaters of the Dead, seemed like a cool canibalistic tale, with swordfighting!!
reality: a slow movie, with No character development, most of it was slow action scenes in which vikings and black people were killed in abubndance and a hokey sacrifice by one viking. Plus, I saw no cannibalism or real mention of it.!!

Meet The Parents:
An actual funny trailer
Reality: That was all of the funny parts, how can they do that, imply the movie is funny when only the trailer is!!!!

The Forsaken:
Trailer Looked like a cool dessert brawl between a hapless group of kids and some wicked vamps!!
Reality: Man this sucked, terribly, it was a lame vamp. and even lamer heroes, the best thing was this random old granny, and she wasnt showed in the trailers either.

Thats all I know, but I suspect Le Pact De Lupus is another one... Do you all have any others??

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Dr. Doom
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2003, 04:10:39 PM »

Final Fantasy.
I made high hopes for this one when I saw the trailer but this movie ended up being one of the worst I´ve ever seen.  Only thing cool about this movie was that it was very well done.
Gerry
B-Movie Site Webmaster
Bad Movie Lover

It's not what you say, it's how you say it.

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2003, 04:48:51 PM »

Dr. Doom wrote:

> Final Fantasy.
> I made high hopes for this one when I saw the trailer but this
> movie ended up being one of the worst I´ve ever seen.  Only
> thing cool about this movie was that it was very well done.

If this is one of the worse you've ever seen, there are a lot of movies out there I'd like to introduce you too.

On topic, the STARSHIP TROOPERS trailer was better than the movie and completely misrepresented it (though I've come to appreciate it on its own merits over time).
Neon Noodle
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2003, 07:42:36 PM »

Maybe it was just the mood I was in, but Unbreakable seemed like the coolest movie ever from the trailer - then I saw it in the theater a week after it opened and it was the most boring movie; the snoring overpowered the Dolby speakers

Halloween 6, the Origin of Michael Myers looked awesome from the trailer  - another snore fest. I farted in the theater and it got more laughs than the whole film.

Finally, there was Rapid Fire - I think the trailer was something like "If you thought Bruce Lee was great, wait 'til you see his son!" Saw it, nothing amazing about it.

JMHO
SkullNinja
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2003, 08:47:18 PM »

Children of the Living Dead.

Whoever put the trailer together deserves an Oscar. That movie sucked donkey nads and the trailer managed to cut and paste enough of the exciting scenes (recut actually) so that it appeared it would at least be entertaining.
Johnny Blister
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2003, 10:55:32 PM »

Dreamcatcher
Simone
Gosford Park
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Trailers better than the movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.