Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:56:23 AM
714393 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst performance - vote now! « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Worst performance - vote now!  (Read 3934 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: May 01, 2003, 05:24:52 PM »

And the nominees are:

1. Jessica Lange - KING KONG
2. Robert DeNiro - MARY SHELLEY'S FRANKENSTEIN
3. Bela Lugosi - BRIDE OF THE MONSTER
4. Ray Milland - THE THING WITH TWO HEADS
5. Tor Johnson - BEAST OF YUCCA FLATS
6. Roger Daltrey - THE LEGACY
7. John Saxon - THE GLOVE
8. Ed Wood - GLEN OR GLENDA?
9. Chuck Barris - THE GONG SHOW MOVIE
10. Nick Adams - FRANKENSTEIN CONQUERS THE WORLD
11. Farley Granger - THE PROWLER
12. Rod Steiger - THE AMITYVILLE HORROR
13. Raquel Welch - KANSAS CITY BOMBER
14. Joe Don Baker - MITCHELL
15. Donald Pleasence - ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK
16. Betsy Palmer - FRIDAY THE 13th
17. Paul Williams - BATTLE FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES
18. Sylvester Stallone - ROCKY IV
19. Joe Namath - C.C. AND COMPANY
20. Ed McMahon - SLAUGHTER'S BIG RIP-OFF

Please vote carefully!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2003, 06:06:01 PM »

I vote Jessica Lange.  Rod Steiger getting dishonorable mention.

But DONALD PLEASENCE in Escape from New York!?!  He was great in that! "A number onnnnnnnnnnnnne! You're The DUKE!  You're The DUKE!  You're the Duke of New York.  You're A...number...one."

Post Edited (05-01-03 18:07)

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2003, 10:45:37 PM »

The worst performances I've ever seen:

*The lady who plays Lady Godiva in that one Three Stooges short where Moe, Larry, and Shemp meet the talking suit of armor. She only has two lines-- "Whoa, Stallion" and "Giddyap, Stallion"-- but they're the two most bored sounding line-reads I've ever heard in my life.

*The short guy with the mustache in "Flesh Eating Mothers." This guy was indescribably bad-- he constantly looks dazed, and speaks in a weird, confused monotone. It's been a while since I've seen it, so I've forgotten a lot of the details; I just remember pain.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Fearless Freep

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2003, 11:09:13 PM »

Angelika Jager as "Valerie" in "Robot Holocaust"

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Dunners
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2003, 12:27:28 AM »

Milla Jovovich 'resident evil', she looks cluess through the entire movie and says each of her lines as if she was askign a question.

Michele 'Butch' rodriguez 'resident evil', a bad dumpy actress is a bad role who says bad lines VERY bad.

Denise richards: the world is not enough, valentine, starship troopers, undercover brother this woman has no talent or right to be in any movie ever YUCK!

as for tor johnson ands Bela lugosi's nominations HA!

Bela was great :D he just had awful dialogue to speak

as for tor in the beast of Yucca flats it wasnt a performance as much as it was an on camera walk a thon.

Blame coleman francis for shooting this turd a ssilent movie and dubbing in the dialogue badly later. what an idiot.
Hero
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2003, 09:39:08 AM »

My personal choices:

1. Jessica Lange - KING KONG
3. Bela Lugosi - BRIDE OF THE MONSTER
4. Ray Milland - THE THING WITH TWO HEADS
5. Tor Johnson - BEAST OF YUCCA FLATS
12. Rod Steiger - THE AMITYVILLE HORROR
14. Joe Don Baker - MITCHELL
16. Betsy Palmer - FRIDAY THE 13th
17. Paul Williams - BATTLE FOR THE PLANET OF THE APES
18. Sylvester Stallone - ROCKY IV

But Joe Don and Sly probably top the list.
SkullNinja
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2003, 10:00:26 AM »

And  write-in's for Dan "Grizzley Adams" Haggerty in Elves and Burr DeBenning as Dr. Ted Nelson in The Incredible Melting Man.
raj

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2003, 12:33:45 PM »

Out of those (though I haven't seen them all) I'd choose Joe Namath.  But for my  money, I'd say  Nigel Terry as John and Jane Merrow as Alais in The Lion in Winter, which is an otherwise kickass, top 5 movie.  Those two play such simpering characters and have to go up agains Peter O'Toole, Anthony Hopkins, and Katherine Hepburn.   Complete mismatch.  Besides, you were expecting a good performance from Ed McMahon?  DeNiro, yes.
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2003, 02:26:52 PM »

My vote goes for Namath, great football player, thats all....

But Burgo, you have crossed the line. To say that Deniro is nominated for Frankenstein is ridiculous. He was the star of that movie, which was also very well done. I have seen it a million times and each time, it gets better. Plus, you left off some reallllllll doozies.

Christian Bale for American Psycho, or if you like that, than how about Reign of Fire, man was he bad in that. Same for the woman, if only I knew her name.

John Travolta for Battlefield: Earth, Damn.

And The monsters from the Relic and from Darkness Falls, both should get an award for worst monster ever.

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2003, 02:27:36 PM »

My vote goes for Namath, great football player, thats all....

But Burgo, you have crossed the line. To say that Deniro is nominated for Frankenstein is ridiculous. He was the star of that movie, which was also very well done. I have seen it a million times and each time, it gets better. Plus, you left off some reallllllll doozies.

Christian Bale for American Psycho, or if you like that, than how about Reign of Fire, man was he bad in that. Same for the woman, if only I knew her name.

John Travolta for Battlefield: Earth, Damn.

Paul Walker for Fast and the Furious

And The monsters from the Relic and from Darkness Falls, both should get an award for worst monster ever.

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Dr. Doom
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2003, 04:01:54 PM »

Jane Longenecker as Emma in that dull film The Coroner.  One of the worst perfomance I have ever seen.  It was very memorable when she started threatning the guy that kidnapps her in the movie.  The worst scenes I have ever seen.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2003, 05:47:53 PM »

Evan3 wrote:

"But Burgo, you have crossed the line. To say that Deniro is nominated for Frankenstein is ridiculous. He was the star of that movie, which was also very well done. I have seen it a million times and each time, it gets better."

Sorry, Evan. DeNiro is a great actor, but even great actors make bad choices. The movie itself is not bad, but not for ONE SECOND did I believe that DeNiro was the tortured, tormented creation of Dr. Frankenstein. I kept waiting for him to say, "You talkin' to me?" Nope. I'm standing firm on this one. A terrible performance from a great actor.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Creepozoid
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2003, 11:54:24 PM »

No J-Lo. Not a complete ballot. In fact, there are some classic roles here. What the hell?
Hero
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2003, 08:48:01 AM »

o/' Teeeeeeed NELSON! o/'

Hero
(unapologetically MSTie)
jmc
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2003, 09:26:22 AM »

Don't forget Richard Burton in EXORCIST II: THE HERETIC.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Worst performance - vote now! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.