Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:11:39 AM
714470 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Beyond Re-Animator « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Beyond Re-Animator  (Read 1557 times)
Hero
« on: April 30, 2003, 09:06:19 AM »

According to the latest(?) Fango, BR is premiering on the Sci-Fi Channel(I don't know when, cuz I couldn't read the article for my intense nerdgasm right there in the comic store) sometime this year. According to IMDB, the video premiere (US) is Sept. 23.  This time, West is conducting experiments in a prison after being turned in by Dan, who is then killed. There's a couple of summaries @ IMDB, too.
If anyone cares, y'know...
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2003, 11:12:51 AM »

Me and others have been posting about it whenever we heard any news on it. There are a couple of trailers available somewhere on the Filmax website and those lucky enough to be at the sneak previews raved about it at the "Ain't it cool news?" website. Dying to watch it.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
JohnL

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2003, 07:29:23 PM »

>According to the latest(?) Fango, BR is premiering on the Sci-Fi Channel

Yeah, that makes sense; Take a horror series known for its gory special effects and premiere it on a channel that cuts out anything even slightly gory...
Johnny Blister
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2003, 08:25:36 PM »

IĀ“ve never even seen the first one.Is it wort renting?
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2003, 08:34:51 PM »

Sir, you make me sad.  Re-Animator is one of the best damn horror movies ever filmed.  I suggest, nay, command that you go not rent but BUY it RIGHT NOW!

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Johnny Blister
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2003, 09:19:22 PM »

OK.
systemcr4sh
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2003, 09:25:19 PM »

yeh I bought the dvd for $50+ canadian before i even saw it and I wasn't sorry about it.

Definately check it out.

-Dan

"Evil will always triumph, because good, is dumb"
-Spaceballs

"Now life's like a b-movie, That no one wants to see,
Here comes the zombie, Portraying me."
     - Dillinger Four
raj

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2003, 12:32:05 PM »

The latest Tremors did show a guy with a spear through his torso.  Not particularly gory, but a step in the right direction.
JohnL

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2003, 10:06:35 PM »

>The latest Tremors did show a guy with a spear through his torso. Not
>particularly gory, but a step in the right direction.

Yes, but there's a difference between stuff they make themselves and stuff they're bought the rights to. It doesn't make any sense, but they do it. For example, on La Femme Nikita on USA (USA owns SciFi) they showed a guy get out of bed and walk away from the camera naked in a well lit room. But watch The Hidden on USA/SciFi and they edit the scene where Claudia Christian is dancing in a thong.

Even their own shows aren't consistant. An early episode of First Wave showed a clone warehouse where all the bodies were nude, but held up by strategically placed straps. Any scene that would have shown a clear view of any of the bodies was digitally zoomed/cropped so that you couldn't see anything. A later episode had the wrestler Chyna as a guest star and she was shown in exactly the same kind of straps, but there was no censoring.

I've seen the same thing happen with gore scenes although I can't think of any specific examples right now.
Hero
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2003, 09:25:25 AM »

I know, I know. I hate SFC for my own reasons, but at least the movie will be on video in all its uncut glory.

Hero
Hero
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2003, 09:26:00 AM »

Run, don't walk to your video store. Do it now, man!!!
raj

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2003, 12:39:50 PM »

Different times of day perhaps?  Or maybe they are loosening up a bit (desperate ploy for ratings) ?
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Beyond Re-Animator « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.