Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:27:07 PM
714494 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Exorcist 2...2? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Exorcist 2...2?  (Read 945 times)
Hero
« on: April 30, 2003, 09:15:14 AM »

I heard something on my local radio station today about summer movies, and they mentioned "Exorcist 2." Now since there already is one, I have to wonder: Is this "The Heretic: The Version You Couldn't See In Theatres", or is this a remake? And if so, how much $ do you think Richard Burton wants for coming back from the dead and reprising his role as the priest? Heh.

Hero
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2003, 11:20:19 AM »

I think they actually meant "Exorcist: The beginning" (2003)

http://us.imdb.com/Title?0204313

John Frankenheimer ("Ronin", "The island of Dr. Moreau") shot most of it before dying recently. Looks like, of all people, Paul Schrader has finished it. From what I've heard the movie covers the events that appeared in the 2nd movie as a flashback (the posession of a native child in Africa). I don't know if it will be any good, but just for the two directors involved (they both have great movies in their respective careers) it sounds promising.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Steven Millan
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2003, 05:18:06 PM »

Right,Neville,for that radio guy got the news wrong,since this new Exorcist movie is actually Part 4; the prequel.
           And,there definitely won't be both a re-issue of Part 2,and a direct sequel to that movie,any time soon.
Squishy
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2003, 04:53:23 AM »

Ugh. Maybe the radio guy was right, in a way--because this smells a lot more like "Heretic" than the other two...a cheap attempt to cash in.*

(I may be alone here, but William Peter Blatty's "Exorcist III" creeped me out, and made me jump out of my seat TWICE--anyone who's seen it knows what I'm talkin' about--and if it weren't for the hyperpsycho SFX finale, I'd consider it perfect.)

*I don't think John Boorman wanted to exploit the original; but Warner Brothers certainly did.
Hero
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2003, 09:32:38 AM »

See, you'll probably want to hit me for this, but I kinda liked E2. It wasn't a classic, and it wasn't as scary as the first one, but it had a certain trippy quality to it that was entertaining at the time I watched it (not to mention Richard "Bug-Out" Burton). Actually, the trailer for it is scarier than the movie will ever be except to a schizophrenic 5 year old, but "Heretic" should be seen at least once as a kind of experiment: ask yourself while watching it if it's better or worse than the worst movie you've ever seen, and you should be fine.

Hero

"To know life, Otto, you must f#@& life in the gall bladder!!"
Johnny Blister
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2003, 11:19:50 PM »

For me,there is no Exorcist 2.They went straight from 1 to 3.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Exorcist 2...2? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.