Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:14:03 AM
714393 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Just added to my collection . . . « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Just added to my collection . . .  (Read 1103 times)
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: May 19, 2003, 11:56:33 AM »

DVDs of EVIL DEAD and BOOMSTICK EDITION. (I have had EVIL DEAD 2 sitting on my shelf for a long time, and it looked lonely).

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2003, 12:09:17 PM »

Which version of Evil Dead did you buy?  There's like 2903749723042304823048 different versions floating around on DVD.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
raj

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2003, 02:02:47 PM »

The latest shipment of DVDs came in.  Chopper Chicks has held up pretty well, still a fun flick.  Now though, it seems that the movie *stars* Billy Bob Thorton.  There was a problem starting off though.  I run my dvd player through the stereo, so I get the sound out of the speakers.  It seems that the sound dropped to mono occasionally, there was just static out of the left speakers (and I doubt it was a loose connection, as both speakers went out).  But that cleared up fairly quickly, and by the middle of the film, when the zombies hit town-- wow, the moans came in loud & clear!  Why did it take me two years to kick out the cd player and put the dvd player in its place?

Also got in Jimi Hendrix Live at the Isle of Wight.  Damn, the man was a genius.
The Burgomaster

« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2003, 02:26:01 PM »

Skaboi wrote:

"Which version of Evil Dead did you buy?"

I thought about getting the "Book of the Dead" version with the squishy package, but I decided I didn't want to spend that much money. So I got the one without all the extras . . . I don't have it in front of me, but could it be Anchor Bay?

I rarely buy the "super duper" versions of DVDs, but I do have a few. I learned my lesson when I bought THE BEYOND: LIMITED EDITION TIN version. Not only do I think the movie stinks, but the extras that came with the limited edition were pretty lame . . . not at all worth the extra money.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2003, 02:35:10 PM »

Burgo, if you are willing to part with that Beyond Tin, I'd be more than willing to trade some flicks with you.  I've got DVDs and VHS.  Email me at gcook@clis.com with anything you are looking for.  I'll email you back a list of flicks that I'm willing to give up, including an original VHS print of Romero's "Martin".  

Please email me, I want that DVD!

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
The Burgomaster

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2003, 02:42:04 PM »

Skaboi wrote:

> Burgo, if you are willing to part with that Beyond Tin, I'd be
> more than willing to trade some flicks with you.  I've got DVDs
> and VHS.  Email me at gcook@clis.com with anything you are
> looking for.  I'll email you back a list of flicks that I'm
> willing to give up, including an original VHS print of Romero's
> "Martin".  
>
>
>
> Please email me, I want that DVD!
>
I'm actually a masochist, and I keep everything I buy even if I hate it. I bought THE BEYOND on Ebay, and I see it listed on there from time to time, so you might want to give Ebay a shot.

I have (or had - I might have sold it on Ebay) Martin on VHS (the version with the bloody razor blade on the cover). I'm actually selling all of my old VHS tapes and replacing them with DVDs.

Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Just added to my collection . . . « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.