Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:00:20 PM
714383 Posts in 53096 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  28 Butts After « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: 28 Butts After  (Read 5202 times)
Johnny Blister
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2003, 07:32:12 PM »

Then you will love"Van Helsing",or,as I call it,"The Return Of Dracula,Frankenstein and the Wolf Man".
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: May 17, 2003, 10:55:39 AM »

Yes, I think King Kong will start the monster craze much more effectively than the crap known as.... Godzilla

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Susan
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2003, 10:53:09 AM »

Was this film based on Omega Man? It sure doesn't sound too original

Post Edited (05-18-03 10:53)
Nathan Shumate
« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2003, 11:33:27 AM »

No.  There are similarities of concept, and 28 Days Later draws on Omega Man as a member of the genre, but there's not a one-to-one correspondence.
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2003, 12:14:14 PM »

Susan wrote:

> Was this film based on Omega Man? It sure doesn't sound too
> original
>

Well, The Omega Man was based on Richard Matheson's novel I Am Legend...a story that had spawned a far more faithful version with Vincent Price (The Last Man on Earth) and an unofficial variant, Night of the Living Dead.  Just because a subject is overly familiar doesn't make for a dull or uninteresting move, bad filmmaking does.  From what I have seen, heard, and read about the movie, Boyle brings a vibrant energy and real scares to the story.

But 28 Days Later isn't a zombie movie, it's in the World Gone Mad sub-genre.  The virus victims are not dead, they are insane - violently so - so I don't place the film in with Dawn of the Dead and its ilk, but with Romero's oft neglected classic The Crazies (aka Code Name: Trixie), David Cronenberg's Rabid, Graham Baker's Impulse and, to a far, far lesser degree, Jean Rollin's The Night of the Hunted or Cronenberg's Shivers (aka They Came from Within).

Stuart Gordon, the director of Re-Animator and others, is currently shopping around a script adaptation of Jack Ketchum's horror novel Ladies' Night...in which a chemical spill in New York City turns all women into sexually aroused psychos that kill every man they see (including their male children, etc).  If 28 Days Later does well, maybe Gordon will succeed in getting funding for it.  Being yet another variant on the World Gone Made sub-genre, the story parallels are farily obvious.

28 Days Later remains the movie I am most eager to see this year.

Post Edited (05-20-03 12:22)

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2003, 01:12:14 PM »

The underrated rage virus thriller Warning Sign.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Funk, E.
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2003, 02:57:13 PM »

It also shares simularities to, but does not directly copy Rabid.
Susan
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2003, 06:33:07 PM »

Chadzilla wrote:

>>But 28 Days Later isn't a zombie movie, it's in the World Gone Mad sub-genre. The virus victims are not dead, they are insane - violently so - so I don't place the film in with Dawn of the Dead and its ilk, but with Romero's oft neglected classic The Crazies (aka Code Name: Trixie), David Cronenberg's Rabid, Graham Baker's Impulse and, to a far, far lesser degree, Jean Rollin's The Night of the Hunted or Cronenberg's Shivers (aka They Came from Within).
<<<

insane by a reaction to a virus? There have been quite a few variations, even "Night of the Comet" sounds similar in some regards.
It's an interesting topic in that I have always been more drawn to movies that would focus on post apocolyptic life vs. the movies that build up to a apocolypse or ones where the world gets saved in the nick of time. I'd love a movie where just a handful of survivors from nuclear fallout are alive and trying to stay alive in a shelter and then when they would decide to expose themself to the world above (and not like the brendan frasier movie) with the psychological impact. I know  it would bore most to pieces. ;-) But i digress  - Another movie that comes to mind is the Time Machine where the future depicts a world full of young people controlled by the underground culture of the..morks was it? They were a bit mad, and quite unnatractive. ;-)

>>Stuart Gordon, the director of Re-Animator and others, is currently shopping around a script adaptation of Jack Ketchum's horror novel Ladies' Night...in which a chemical spill in New York City turns all women into sexually aroused psychos that kill every man they see <<

Before..or after?

I like the premise of "28 days later" - the trailer however did not interest me. But I know trailers can really do a movie disservice

Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2003, 06:47:41 PM »

Susan wrote:

> Chadzilla wrote:

> >>Stuart Gordon, the director of Re-Animator and others, is
> currently shopping around a script adaptation of Jack Ketchum's
> horror novel Ladies' Night...in which a chemical spill in New
> York City turns all women into sexually aroused psychos that
> kill every man they see <<
>
> Before..or after?
>

I don't know - from the synopsis of Ketchum's novel over at Amazon it ain't pretty and they ain't particular (spouses, siblings, children, whatnot) being insane and all.  I doubt it will get produced (too icky for the mainstream), about the only other director I would be interested in handling that project would be Paul Verhoven.  Think of it as 28 Days After They Came from Within and went Rabid.

hehehehe

Chadzilla
Johnny Blister
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2003, 09:23:15 PM »

That chemival is called the Buffy Virus.
onionhead
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2003, 04:21:11 AM »

Is this adapted from a James Herbert novel, because I think I read it a few years ago.

Some people like cupcakes better--I for one care less for them
Johnny Blister
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2003, 09:56:59 AM »

James Herbert  = Paul S. Anderson
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2003, 11:24:38 AM »

No, it isn't, but you are either thinking of his 70s novel The Fog...which featured a chemical fog that drove all exposed to it mad, or his 90s novel 48...which was an alternate history novel in which a Nazi secret weapon killed everyone save for those with a certain blood type by turning their blood to clotted guck.  Herbert is good for pulp trash fun, but little else.  Not that that is a bad thing, far from it.

Chadzilla
Johnny Blister
« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2003, 05:17:13 PM »

I ment it as a joke,you moron!
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  28 Butts After « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.