Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:38:00 AM
714402 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Kong News « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Kong News  (Read 4765 times)
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« on: May 15, 2003, 08:37:38 AM »

CHUD has the latest word on the next remake of King Kong .  The interested can find it here.

Personally, this is very good news.  I didn't think the first script was that good, and it's nice to know that the writers agree with me.  (All arrogance aside, of course.)  With any luck, what comes next is truer to the original.  Kong hasn't been in a good movie since the original; the ape deserves better.

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2003, 11:44:24 AM »

Just wondering if the original 1933 King Kong was out on DVD (cant find it) but during my search, I saw a 1976 version of King Kong starring.... Jeff Bridges! Even Jessica Lange was there for the party.

Anyione have any word on this one??

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2003, 11:52:58 AM »

Warner Brothers is currently putting together a special edition two disc set of the original.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2003, 12:15:52 PM »

While it has its defenders, most find the 1976 Kong to be pretty bad.  No dinosaurs, lots of dubious "character" development, and an extreme length work against it.  Still, Rick Barker's Kong costume's pretty good, and Kong's New York visit is entertaining.  It's just getting there...

(Footnote - when making the movie, Dino DeLaurentis and the other produces made a big noise about the F/X, specifically the giant robot they were building to play Kong.  Designed by Carlo Rambaldi, the robot makes exactly one brief appearance in the film, right when Kong breaks free in New York.  You can't miss it when it happens; it looks nothing like Baker's Kong.

(The movie won an Oscar for its F/X, which, in retrospect, seems sad.)

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
Johnny Blister
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2003, 12:58:14 PM »

I´ve never seen the c1976 version.Is it any good?
raj
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2003, 01:28:11 PM »

It was alright.  I saw it in the theater in '76.  As a 12 year old I liked it a lot, but it really hasn't held up since then.  The original is more fun.
Dave: Blackeye15
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2003, 01:49:29 PM »

There had better be dinosaures in it, as in enough to shake a stick at.

-the first rule of fat club-
raj

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2003, 01:54:20 PM »

King Kong vs. Jurassic Park IV
Johnny Blister
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2003, 01:59:59 PM »

Who is hotter:Fay Wray or Jessica Lange?
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2003, 02:05:20 PM »

Incidentally, I just ordered QUEEN KONG on DVD. (Directed by Frank Agrama of DAWN OF THE MUMMY fame . . . I can't wait).

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
raj

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2003, 02:07:04 PM »

Fay Wray.
Johnny Blister
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2003, 02:07:25 PM »

There´s a King Kong VS Godzilla fight at WWWF...
Squishy
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2003, 02:39:25 PM »

Fay Wray cameos in the remake (the woman who screeeeeeeeams when Kong breaks free in New York), but I prefer Jessica--post-Kong. I think her Golden Globe was for just coming off as well as she did with the awful script she was given.

Script courtesy of Lorenzo Semple Jr., by the way. Semple's best known for the Adam West "Batman" series and that other horrific deLaurentiis' remake, "Flash Gordon." For those who haven't seen the remake yet, it was directed by John Guillermin, whose other credits include "The Towering Inferno" and Tanya Robert's "Sheena."

He also directed the jawdropper "King Kong Lives," which every bad-movie buff has to see at least once. Wowwww.

Thanks for the tip, Cullen. (I didn't think the old Jackson script was brilliant, either, but mentioned it way back then as a curiosity. Jack's "mid-air transfer" would've had enraged fans storming from the theater screaming for his blood.)
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2003, 12:14:22 PM »

Now is it just my faulty memory, or are there two endings to King Kong Vs. Godzilla, and if so, which ending is sold on Amazon??

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2003, 12:25:41 PM »

There were 2 endings, but I think that only the one where King Kong wins was released in the U.S. My guess is that's the version that's on Amazon.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Kong News « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.