Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 10:26:54 AM
714522 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Matrix Reloaded (quick commentary) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Matrix Reloaded (quick commentary)  (Read 913 times)
Scott0
Bad Movie Lover

« on: May 15, 2003, 05:59:30 PM »

Muy bueno Wachowski Brothers!!! Finished watching it a few hours ago, and I must say that the movie held up to my expectations very well! There was lots of action, adventure, some romancing for you Carrie-Anne Moss fans, some new philosophical questions raised (though not as provoking as the original), and GREAT CGI !!! All that money put into this movie went to good use, cause the computer stuff was great. And even though the majority of the movie took place with the assistance of computers, it doesn't really show! It's amazing what good CGI can do for a movie like this.

Anyways, I thoroughly enjoyed watching this movie on the big screen, and I might even go back to see it again. It started a little slow, but definitely picked up itself halfway to the end, and finished with a great cliff hanger. What did you think, those who have seen it already? DON'T GIVE ANYTHING AWAY IN YOUR POSTS! This is definitely worth going into without any real idea of what is going to happen.

Scottie

p.s. Don't leave during the credits! At the end, there's a preview for the next Matrix film coming out at the end of the year!

edit: yes, don't leave

Post Edited (05-15-03 18:02)

Kangaroo Jack #1 in the box office? Let the revolution against Hollywood begin.
Ash
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2003, 08:00:16 PM »

F**cking cool as hell!

As expected, I felt that the scene with Neo vs. all the Agent Smiths was in my opinion the best of them all.

I can't ever recall seeing a fight scene like that in any other film.

The scene with Morpheus vs. the regular agent on top of the moving semi trailer was cool also!

One thing I didn't like was the "zing" noises that all the steel weapons made.  The sound of them was a tad cheesy.  It sounded more like an electronic "zing" than actual metal.

And is it me or did Lawrence Fishburne put on quite a few pounds?
He's looking a little tubby there!

But other than that it was definitely worth the price of admission!

Post Edited (05-16-03 01:01)
Johnny Blister
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2003, 08:12:58 PM »

No movie whose character can loose in a fight to a mere bunny is worth my consideration....
illcos
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2003, 11:20:11 AM »

i saw it last night, i didn't think much of it at all and i'm glad i really didn't hype it up in my head.  the inclusion of these new characters is not only unnecessary and BORING, many of the links to why they are even there is totally unexplained or fully explained in one line of the script (not to name names, but in the future where robots are trying to KILL YOU everywhere, wouldn't you have better things to do than fight over a girl - machismo wins over humanity again).  i found the worst moments of the first one to be when they are in the ship / real world - and instead of giving up scenes where the main characters wreck s**t up in the matrix (ie. what people are paying to see), a good portion of the film is based on character development in the real world, which is again boring.

the fighting bits are cool, without a doubt, but there could've been a lot more of them in the course of 150 or so minutes that is filled to the gills with the basic plot of the council on earth that is from 'star wars: phantom menace' (which by the way, was bad in 'phantom menace') and a pretty interesting twist that comes far too late in the movie for anyone to care.

definitely re-rent 'bound' to get your wachowski fix.  if you were on the matrix's jock, you'll like this - but i don't think the average person will be too taken by this movie.
Johnny Blister
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2003, 02:10:57 PM »

I don´t care how good you say it is,if Neo loses to a mere rabbit,it can´t be THAT good.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Matrix Reloaded (quick commentary) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.