Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:35:07 AM
714501 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Some new bad movies in Walmart's $5.88 bin. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Some new bad movies in Walmart's $5.88 bin.  (Read 1150 times)
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« on: May 13, 2003, 06:15:46 PM »

Stopped off at Walmart last night and picked up a few new movies that I've noticed weren't in the bin before.  Anyways, here's what I remember seeing:

Gunmen - Great b-movie action flick with Lambert.

Delta Force 2(!) - Hell yeah, Chuck Norris and Billy Drago, what more could you ask for?

Didn't pick this one up, but there was some crazy looking horror flick starring Ozzy Osbourne and Gene Simmons.  Looked goofy as hell.  

Black Mask 2 - Was in the bin, but I don't think it belonged there.  It rang up as $9.99.  Either way, all of the bad reviews for this one have me pumped.

They also had a bunch of western movie packs, although I'm not sure if these were new or not.  But there was a lot of them.  So if you enjoy westerns, there could be potential here.  

That's all that I can remember.  Nothing to be that excited about, unless you're a Norris or Lambert fan (much like I am).  Anyone else see any new titles recently in the bins that they can add?

Nick
systemcr4sh
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2003, 07:22:39 PM »

Was the one with Ozzy/Simmons "TRICK OR TREAT". About a dead musician who comes back. Ozzy is a priest if my memory serves me correctly. I saw a preview for it once, looked pretty funny.

-Dan

"Evil will always triumph, because good, is dumb"
-Spaceballs

"Now life's like a b-movie, That no one wants to see,
Here comes the zombie, Portraying me."
     - Dillinger Four
Deena
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2003, 08:57:51 PM »

Trick or Treat is awesome!  I hope that they have it at my Walmart, it is so cool.  They bring the devil back listening to rock music backwards, or something like that.  All I can remember is enjoying it thouroughly.

Deena

Politics is showbusiness for ugly people
yaddo42
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2003, 09:17:19 PM »

I bought TRICK OR TREAT, it's the old flick from the 80s starring Marc Price (Skippy from FAMILY TIES) as a high school metalhead. The box art is misleading Ozzy and Simmons have little more than cameos. Ozzy as a preacher who hates heavy metal and Simmons as Skippy's radio DJ buddy who gives him the master pressing of the dead rock/villain's last recording. The movie is kind of quaint looking with the kid's music collection being on vinyl records (the villain is unleashed by playing the record backwards) and cassette tapes (kind of took me back though). Fullscreen copy of the film, mostly looks okay with a couple of rough points with scratches. One very obvious boom mike in the shot that made me laugh. No extras.

Also from the Wal-Mart $5.88 bin, ACTIVE STEALTH, Directed by Fred Olen Ray, Starring Daniel Baldwin, Fred Williamson, Eva Fabian, Andrew Stevens, and Chick Vennera. Typical low-budget shoot 'em psuedo-military actioner. Might be worth an Andrew review just to hear his take on all the inaccuracies and goofy plot devices. Apparently the US Army has an F-117 stealth fighter, among other things. The director's commentary was interesting just to hear about the making of the flick, the parts Ray was disappointed with, and why Andrew Stevens was in it. Also explains why the plots of so many of these things suck.
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2003, 09:34:15 PM »

Yep, it was definitely Trick or Treat.  I figured Ozzy's role amounted to a cameo, although he was plastered on the cover.  You guys say this movie's good though?  I might have to go back and check it out..

And yaddo, would you say that Active Stealth is worth getting?  Keep in mind that I love crappy action movies, but ones that are entertaining.  Does this movie keep the action coming, or is there a lot of talk and filler?  Just wondering, 'cuz I had my eye on this one, but I passed on it.

Nick
yaddo42
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2003, 08:37:09 AM »

I enjoyed the commentary more than the story, lots of info and advice for budding independent filmmakers and some funny stories, like why they cut all scenes of Terry Funk running. The action comes in fits and starts, but it's nothing special. I'd call it an OK renter or decent on late night cable, but I wouldn't have bought if I had seen it already. I'm planning on trading it in at a local music store that is getting into the used DVDs line now. I got decent copies of HIGH RISK (a much better actioner also with Chick Vennera) and THE LEGEND 2 (Jet Li) there recently.

Unless you are a Baldwin, Fred Olen Ray, or The Hammer completeist, or want to see Terry Funk playing yet another bad guy underling, I'd skip it. I wish I had bought the two-fer of old Popeye cartoons they had.
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2003, 12:00:31 PM »

Terry Funk's in it!?  Wow, that's pretty funny.  If he gives an inspiring performance much like he did in Roadhouse, this one might be worth picking up.  I'd rather see Funk in the squared circle though, so I probably won't get this one.  Thanks for the heads up, though.  Used DVD's are definitely worth getting into, as long as they're in good condition, obviously.  You can save a whole lot of money that way.  I've snagged some less than popular Jet Li movies (Born to Defense, etc.) over at a local place on DVD for 6-7 bucks.  Not too bad at all, I thought.

Nick
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2003, 02:22:26 PM »

I have assaulted the $5.88 bin on a couple of occasions. I got::

* THE TOWERING INFERNO
* THE PUNISHER
* BLUE THUNDER
* GROSS ANATOMY
* MADIGAN
* ALTERED STATES

And I think 1 or 2 others that I can't seem to remember. What a great deal.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Some new bad movies in Walmart's $5.88 bin. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.