Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 03:50:08 AM
714503 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Van Damme's "Street Fight 2" News « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Van Damme's "Street Fight 2" News  (Read 1961 times)
Steven Millan
« on: May 20, 2003, 03:59:19 AM »

Check out who gets to star with Jean Claude Van Damme in his soon-to-film "Street Fighter 2": Dolph Lundgren,Jeff Speakman,Elizabeth Pena,Damien Chapa,somebody named Holly Valance,and.....Gary Busey.
                    Now,all we need is for Eric Roberts,Ice-T,and Nastassja Kinski to join this cast,and they can call this "Street Fighter 2:Where Ex--A List Actors Go To Support Their Floundering Careers",and maybe have Jim Wynorski,Fred Olen Ray,Albert Pyun,and David DeCoteau all team up to direct this together,then we'd have what would shape up to be the 21st. Century's Ultimate B Movie.
spikesangel
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2003, 04:51:20 AM »

you're a genius.

..."Tease" - JohnL
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2003, 05:41:12 AM »

Reminds me that Van Damme, when promoting the first "Street Fighter: The Movie", stated that it was "a blend of "Apocalypse Now" and "Ben Hur". THis promises to be even more craptacular. I'll better buy more red wine for this one... (see http://www.badmovies.org/bbs/read.php?f=2&i=39407&t=39407 and follow-ups to understand).

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
yaddo42
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2003, 06:40:55 AM »

And produced by Charles Band on a Full Moon budget.

With cameos by Chistopher Lambert, David Carradine (better sign him now before his price goes back up after KILL BILL), Casper Van Dien, Dean Cain, Michael York, and a Baldwin brother to be named later.
Johnny Blister
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2003, 09:30:39 PM »

Are we gonna see some characters from the videogames?
Drezzy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2003, 10:00:53 PM »

Why Busey? Who the hell could he play?

And as the world began crumbling down
Nobody around seemed to care
Reed Rothchild
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2003, 05:50:47 PM »

Give him a big green wig and he could be Blanka...
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2003, 05:58:41 PM »

Busey could play anyone and still kick all sorts of ass.  Just imagine Busey as Cammy.  Disturbing, I know, but it'd be hilarious to see.  I only wish Busey, Lundgren, and Speakman would be in this movie.  That'd be the best cast of all time.  

And let's be honest, the original Street Fighter was a work of art.  Apocalypse what?  Ben who?  People will look back fondly on Street Fighter in 50 years.  Van Damme's performance will be hailed as one of the best of all time.  Mark my words.

Nick
Johnny Blister
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2003, 06:00:03 PM »

I agree with Dolph Lugrend.Street Fighter was a great movie.
Steven Millan
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2003, 07:16:48 PM »

You guys are really hilarious,with your suggestions for additional B movie cast memebers,that Gary Busey should play Blanka(or that chick:LOL!!!),and Van Damme may even luck into getting Charles Band to produce,since he has already killed off two of his own prodcution companies(Empire Pictures and Full Moon Entertainment),which would have Chuck Zito rolling on the floor on hysterical laughter if that were to happen.
          Otherwise,the pairing of Busey,Speakman,and Lundgren will be in this mere film(which really outdoes the "out-of the-ordinary" genre cast of "Johnny Mneumonic").
Johnny Blister
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2003, 07:53:19 PM »

PLEASE don´t mention the horror knows as Johhny Mnemonic!!!!!!
Johnny Blister
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2003, 10:19:43 PM »

This movie ain´t mentioned on imdb,so it doesn´t exist.
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2003, 01:29:18 AM »

Johnny Mnemonic was not a good movie, but you have to admit, the casting ruled.  Dolph, Ice-T, Henry Rollins, "Beat" Takeshi (!), the list goes on.  Talk about one of the best ensemble casts of all time.  Hell, I was halfway expecting Busey to pop up somewhere, and possibly David Carradine or Rutger Hauer.

Anyways, back to the topic at hand.  How great would it be to ensemble a cast like the ones listed above?  I'm sure some egos would get in the way, unfortunately.  Either way, Lambert would have to be in this movie some way or another.  I think you're onto something though with that cast list Steven.  Maybe JCVD would be interested when doing the casting.  I'm sure Pyun would love to get his hands all over this movie.  I shudder to think what he would do to it, however.

Nick
Phantom187
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2003, 07:38:22 AM »

Who'se Dolph Lundgren going to play? I sure hope he plays Guile or Ken. I think this time they should pic a big star or older star to play Ryu but more than likely Ken and I guess the sexy Elizabeth Pena will play Chun LI .The ones I'm looking forward to being portrayed would probably be the big Indian and the Bruce Lee type character from the Street Fighter 2 Turbo Game for the SNES.
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2003, 12:02:12 PM »

Oh my god, I found out today at kungfucinema.com that Dolph actually IS in this movie!?  I thought you guys were just messing around, unless he's not really in the movie, and it's an April Fools Joke 2 months too late.  Either way, now I'm estatic.  I don't think Dolph would play Guile, since Van Damme was him in the first movie, although it would make more sense.  I always thought Van Damme should've been Ken, although he'd look pretty goofy with long blond hair.  Shave Dolph's head, slap a patch over his eye, and maybe he could be Sagat?  He's got the height for Sagat, but the wrong nationality.  I will admit that it would be hilarious if Dolph is Guile, considering Van Damme was in the first one.  I'm puzzled as to where Dolph's gonna fit in in this movie, but I'm psyched nonetheless.

If the casting in this movie is similar to the first one, Dolph will probably end up playing M. Bison, complete with a normal everyday job.  You know, like how Balrog was a cameraman (LOL), Dolph will probably work at McDonalds (corporate tie-in) or something like that.  Just thinking about how most of the characters in the first movie had jobs (Chun-Li as a hard nosed reporter, haha) convinces me even more that it's a classic.

Nick

Post Edited (05-23-03 12:07)
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Van Damme's "Street Fight 2" News « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.