Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:55:12 AM
714466 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  good time to be a horror fan?!?!?! « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: good time to be a horror fan?!?!?!  (Read 1063 times)
mr. henry
Bad Movie Lover

« on: May 26, 2003, 01:11:10 PM »

i'm totally psyched for some upcoming horror flicks...I believe HOUSE OF 1,000 CORPSES has succeeded in opening the flood gates a bit...kudos to LION'S GATE for the release...finally some decent and even awesome horror flicks will be making their way into the cineplex fray...

i'm compelled by the fact that WRONG TURN theater trailers were apparently denied by the MPAA...not much on the net about this one though...opens May 30th

28 DAYS LATER opens in June I believe...director of TRAINSPOTTING doing an epidemic sorta-zombie flick...can't wait...

i am TOTALLY  PSYCHED for CABIN FEVER... September release...all I can say is read the existing reviews for this one...all hands say this belongs just under EVIL DEAD 2 and DEAD ALIVE...and in theaters!!!...check out the reviews at rottentomatoes.com:
http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/CabinFever-10002429/reviews.php
and the movie site at: http://www.liquiddesign.biz/cabinfever/

also upcoming is UNDEAD...a zombie flick...the hero uses an interesting weapon...READ ABOUT THIS ONE at: http://www.allthingszombie.com/movies/undead.php
also go visit the movie site...

HOUSE OF THE DEAD info also at www.allthingszombie.com...there is also a link to the movie's website...

...of course i'm still hoping BUBBA HO-TEP starring BRUCE CAMPBELL will get a release date...or at least a DVD release

"to be is to do" - Socrates
"to do is to be" - Jean-Paul Sartre
"do be do be do" - Frank Sinatra
- kurt vonnegut

Susan
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2003, 02:04:03 PM »

In theaters this year:

Leeches:
>>>Common-type aquatic leeches grow to large size after feeding on steroid-laced blood of a number of college endurance swimmers, and then the nasty creatures lay siege to the entire campus for more.<<<

Alien is also going to be re-released in October

Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2003, 04:39:08 PM »

It is indeed a good time to be a horror fan.  After the nineties were mostly stagnant with DTV crap like Jack Frost, we're finally getting a resurgence, not just a few here and there but what looks like pretty much a full-blown comeback of talented and interesting ideas and filmmakers who will wrack their brains to entertain us.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
systemcr4sh
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2003, 04:42:20 PM »

thats funny because I was thinking about those upcoming movies and thought to myself I should post about them and how they look like good new horror movies coming to theatres.

I can't wait for 28 Days later, Wrong Turn, and Cabin Fever. They look like great flicks

-Dan

"Evil will always triumph, because good, is dumb"
-Spaceballs

"Now life's like a b-movie, That no one wants to see,
Here comes the zombie, Portraying me."
     - Dillinger Four
Steven Millan
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2003, 04:42:28 PM »

I,too,am as psyched up for "Cabin Fever"(which looks like a nice,really sick flick)as much as you are,and hope that "28 Days Later" is a lot better than its weak trailer,and that "House Of The Dead" does get released this Fall(I was waiting for it to come out on Spring,which it didn't).
         Maybe we should lobby Fangoria Films to obtain the rights to "Bubba Ho-Tep",and have them handle that film's release,since I'm a bit tired of seeing fans impatiently waiting for this film's impending release(I've seen it,and it's so great that I can't understand why Don Coscarelli has a problem getting any company out there to release it,even if it's straight to DVD,and I want everybody to share in seeing this film,and be thoroughly entertained by it).
illcos
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2003, 05:16:10 PM »

honestly i think a lot of new horror movies are far too slick looking and too *hollywood* in a way ('house of 1,000 corpses' was good though - it did not have the foils of the average mid-budget slashers).  i think it's a good time for dvd heads with a lot of quality bad movies being released at lower and lower prices - i can't wait until there is a saturation of crappy dvd's when the prices of production drop.  it'll be heaven!
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  good time to be a horror fan?!?!?! « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.