Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:04:28 PM
714406 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  favorite spoof « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: favorite spoof  (Read 10415 times)
Sam
« on: May 23, 2003, 12:24:35 AM »

I would have to say that mine is Shriek If you Know What I did Last Summer. It had a lot of the same elements of Scary Movie but,  I thought it was done better. I'd put What's Up Tigerlily first but, I don't really know where to put it after Woody went through it spoof, satire, no matter what it rules ( or in the case of cool people it rulz!!!)
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2003, 01:20:01 AM »

The entirety of Kentucky Fried Movie is hilarious, IMO.  Same goes for the first Naked Gun, as well as both Hot Shots! movies.  Especially Hot Shots Part Deux.  I can't stop laughing when Charlie Sheen starts to kill all of the soldiers and there's a body count total that compares the amount of kills to movies infamous with high death tolls.  And, after he gets done killing them, he tosses a handful of bullets at them and they fall down.  Classic stuff if you're an action junkie and love the Rambos, much like myself.  People hated Kung Pow:  Enter the Fist, but I thought some parts were pretty funny.  Anything that mocks action and kung fu movies is great in my book, 'cuz I'm such a big fan of them both.

Nick
Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2003, 03:07:38 AM »

I'd have to say Kung Pow since Dolph brought it up.  It's rare that I find a movie that I can bust a gut at laughing every time I watch it, and Kung Pow is number one for that.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Sam
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2003, 03:53:44 AM »

Kung Pow is a great movie, I started to quote the peanut vendor and then nobody would ever play me chess again. In the first Naked Gun there was so many jokes that I missed the first 8 times that I saw it that I'm still catching  things now (like the pizza). Airplane would also have to rank high on my lists of spoofs
Conrad
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2003, 05:17:08 AM »

Galaxy Quest, for me. Deflating that Other Series, the one that's so self-important.  What's it called now?

Crouching Tiger - Hidden Police Speed Trap
jmc
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2003, 09:39:58 AM »

YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN tied with BLAZING SADDLES.
raj

« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2003, 09:47:47 AM »

Good ones.
Also
Airplane!
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2003, 10:31:36 AM »

I'd have to say that the "Fistful of Yen" segment in KENTUCKY FRIED MOVIE is one of the funniest spoofs I have evr seen.

I also think the Austin Powers movies are excellent spoofs of James Bond and 1960s lifestyles in general.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
illcos
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2003, 10:48:22 AM »

good call, 'knetucky fried movie' rocks.  i also like 'amazon women on the moon', it's not as good - but it's still great.  i don't know why they don't make these weird serial spoof movies anymore.

two not mentioned so far for the 80's heads:
'uhf'
'hollywood shuffle'
Feathertop
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2003, 12:05:42 PM »

For me it's MONTY PYTHON AND THE HOLY GRAIL , LOVE AND DEATH and THE RUTTLES.
Rob Phillips
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2003, 12:48:11 PM »

I'll stick with a tie between What's up Tiger Lilly and Spinal Tap . . . though I like most if the other ones mentioned (have to disagree with Kung Pow though). If you havn't rented the DVD for SP do, immediatly, almost enough unused footage from the first movie to make a sequal . . . some parts not used were even better than the movie itself!

Other Runners up (not mentioned):
1) Undercover Brother: I Know! I'm sooooo ashamed, but it was a funny spook of Black Exploitation Movies.

2) Spaceballs: No one mentioned this? Outrageous!

3) Dr Strangelove: Does this count?

4) MAR'S ATTACKS: NO ONE MENTIONED MARS ATTACKS????? Just cause it's mainstream doesn't mean it's not great! I sang Uma Paloma Blanca - ah- ah! for two weeks after seeing this film, with visions of exploding heads the entire time. I'm probably the only Evangelical minister (part time) on the list and I'm sure I'm the only one who used this as a sermon illustration (to a youth group) ever! And yes some parents complained, but they got over it.

5) Can't remember the name, but there is a movie which involves Peter Sellers getting married, I'm sure if I understood it that it would have been very funny!

Thoughs Anyone?

Rob
Rob Phillips
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2003, 12:51:37 PM »

I Wrote:

"1) Undercover Brother: I Know! I'm sooooo ashamed, but it was a funny spook of Black Exploitation Movies."

Sorry that was a typo, not an attempt at bad humor, I meant to type Spoof, not Spook. Any offended I sincerely appologise, no offense intended!

Rob
Flangepart

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2003, 02:45:53 PM »

Young Frankenstein
Whats up,Tiger Lily?
Kung Pow,Enter the fist.
Spaced Invaders.
Top Secret.
Airplane!
Shrek.
The Big Bus.
More as they come to me.....Hummm....

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Johnny Blister
« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2003, 05:58:29 PM »

Shriek If You Know...  f**kING SUCKS! Scary Movie kicks its puny ass!

Scary Movie(first one only9is one of the best spoof movies ever,and Not Another Teen Movie comes in a close second.
spike
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2003, 09:05:28 PM »

he-he, he's got it Hot Shot Part Deux was funny I liked when Ryan Stiles said,"...and in fifteen years when they are all paid off i'm goin' to blow the S_ _ _ out of them."
Pages: [1] 2 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  favorite spoof « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.