Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 03:12:03 AM
712924 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Most idiotic decision by a character in any movie « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Most idiotic decision by a character in any movie  (Read 6764 times)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2003, 12:30:43 PM »

Any protagonist who manages to capture a small but nasty creature in a box, garbage can, suitcase, etc., then can't resist peeking in to see if it's really in there.

All James Bond villains. By now they should realize that Bond needs to be shot on sight.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Andrew
Administrator
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

I know where my towel is.

« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2003, 07:58:08 PM »

The moron in "Demon Wind" who go outside to check out the "hot chick" who is beckoning to them.  The characters know that they are in the middle of a cursed land and in a cursed house, but out the door he goes.  Heck, I cannot remember for certain, it might even be two of the men.

Andrew Borntreger
Badmovies.org
Conrad
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2003, 08:48:06 AM »

I can think of two instances that really annoy me.  Firstly, in "The Thing" towards the end of the film, the cook is working in an underground passage.  He sees something further down the passage, so he walks down towards it.  HELLO!  This guy is one of only three survivors in a camp infiltrated by a shape-shifting alien monster, and he walks off into a dark ice passage ALONE, UNARMED and WITHOUT TELLING ANYONE!

Secondly, in "Arachnophobia", the hot shot arachnologist (right word?) played by Julian Sands finds a huge web in a barn, obviously spun by the sinister spider he's hunting.  He sees it and - plucks one of the strands with his finger.  HELLO AGAIN!  What is this guy thinking?  "I'll just see if Spidey is home"?  "Can I get an F sharp on this"? "Has Peter Parker been here"?  For Heaven's sake, he's supposed to know his spiders and the first part of the film sets up how incredibly knowledgeable he is about them.  And then he gets tired of life???  Grrr!

Crouching Tiger - Hidden Police Speed Trap
Creepozoid
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2003, 11:21:24 AM »

Andrew wrote:

> The moron in "Demon Wind" who go outside to check out the "hot
> chick" who is beckoning to them.  The characters know that they
> are in the middle of a cursed land and in a cursed house, but
> out the door he goes.  Heck, I cannot remember for certain, it
> might even be two of the men.

Oh, yeah. I remember those guys. But it should be noted that the chick outside was exposing her big boobies so many of us wuld have fallen for that also.
Flangepart

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2003, 02:57:44 PM »

What, no ones taken the "Hero knocks out armed thug, and does not take the thug's gun" card? Guess its up to me, then.
People...mostly, but not always women, who stand there and scream, when confronted by a known lethal threat.
To paraphrase  Arther J. Rimmer, "I choose to avoid any creature that has more teeth then the entire osmond family".
In short...run, you moron! At least try!....sheesh!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2003, 03:09:14 PM »

After reading all these responses, I guess my 2 all-time favorite stupid decision (which appears in MANY, MANY movies) are when:

1. Someone knocks out (or apparently kills) the villain, and then decides to get very close to where the body is lying in order to check and see if the villain is really unconscious (or dead) . . . only to have the villain open his eyes and grab the person's throat.

2. Someone knocks out (or apparently kills) the villain, and then decides that the best way to escape is to step over the villain's body . . . only to have the villain open his eyes and grab the person's ankle.

(I think the same scriptwriter invented both of these scenarios).

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
raj

« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2003, 03:31:38 PM »

Or even just leaving the unconscious villian there.  At least tie him up!
Goon
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2003, 07:11:56 PM »

There is a simple rule for monster movie survival:  Don't.  Touch.  The goop.  Ever.  Tasting requires touch old man.
Idiotic decisions goes to all the folks in "The Creeping Terror" who end up in the Creeping Terror.
As a friend once said to me:  "Oo!  Oh!  It looks dangerous!  Lets poke it with something!"

----ooo-'U'-ooo-----Kilroy was here.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #23 on: May 29, 2003, 08:05:10 PM »

Why didn't any of the criminals think to shoot Robocop in the fleshy part of his face?

I don't know if that would've put him down but it sure would have made a mess of him!

I remember the first time I saw Robocop back in the late 80's.

I remember thinking that throughout the entire film....whether or not they'd hurt him by shooting him there.

Post Edited (05-29-03 21:37)
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #24 on: May 29, 2003, 10:50:46 PM »

I cant believe Ripley in Alien, the only survivor on the ship and she goes back for a damn cat. Now I am a pet lover for sure, but not enough to go back through alien territory to find a damn cat.

In fact I hate it whenever the protaginist decides to go back and rescue everyone else instead of calling for help or grabbing a weapon they wont drop the first time they are hit.

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Neon Noodle
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2003, 01:15:08 AM »

Trying to reassure someone that "it's just your imagination",  "there's nothing out there", "relax and have a toke/drink/etc".

The horror movie characters who say "There's no such thing as..." will usually find a chainsaw cleaving them in half before the end of that sentence.

JUST KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT AND BELIEVE THE CRAZY OLD MAN WHEN HE SAYS THE VOYAGE IS DOOMED!!!!
Janice
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2003, 02:40:43 AM »

No one has mentioned the number one rule, which is DO NOT GO UP (or in the case of basements DOWN) THE STAIRS!!!
ErikJ
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2003, 10:15:18 AM »

I have quite a few and 2 of them come from the movie Daredevil
Right after Bullseye gets shot through the hands he looks to this guy ,who he just spent the past 10 to 15 minutes trying to kill him, and asks him to show mercy. Only to have him introduced to the finer ponts of base jumping without the parachute.
Now he falls like 6 stories into a car and basicly goes through the car. The NYPD ,good work in making them seem like a laughing stock, run up to the car with guns drawn screaming, "Don't Move!" Hello?!?!?!?!?!

I also see all of these posts aboout horror movies and not one person has mentioned the number one killer of women in horror movies, High heels.
How many movies have you seen where they are supposed to be roughing it only to see a woman running from the killer or monster in 5 inch spike heels?

Post Edited (05-31-03 10:16)

If God is watching us, the least we can do is be
entertaining.

Perk
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2003, 11:10:30 AM »

Like in Dreamcatcher when BEaver has the worm thingy in the toilet and drops his toothppicks in the red crap.  He decides to go for the toothpick even though he's holding something thats not good under him in a toilet.  Needless to say he gets ate.

Well that was fun...in a f****in' sick, terrible, not at all fun kinda way.
D
« Reply #29 on: May 31, 2003, 12:07:06 PM »

What about the hero in Octopus? This a guy who's whole damn existance is idiotic. He can't bring himself to shoot the bad guy afer the guy kills his partner, or when his's escaping, or whe he has a hostage (he even kills the hostage and the boob can't even aim).
D
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Most idiotic decision by a character in any movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.