Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 19, 2024, 04:18:02 AM
712925 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Most idiotic decision by a character in any movie « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Most idiotic decision by a character in any movie  (Read 6765 times)
BoyScoutKevin
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2003, 05:37:40 PM »

A good thread. Any thread that makes me laught is a good thread. (IMHO) Is that idiotry w/ reason or idiotry w/o reason?

For example Kevin (Pitt) getting into a car with a stranger in "Lair of the White Worm."
That is an idiot decion, but, there is a reason behind it. He is cold. He is wet. And it is warm and dry in the car, and the car is driven by a righteous babe.

On the other hand, in "Rawhide Rex," when the American couple is leaving town with their two children, knowing a Monster is in the area, they let their little girl out of the car to go to the bathroom, without one of them accompanying her. Then when the girl screams, both parents leave the boy alone in the car with the doors unlocked and the window open. That is the idiotry that makes me want to drive my head through the TV
screen. Because the screenwriters, at this point in the film, were too lazy to think up a way to reasonablely move the plot forward, they resorted to having the characters doing something idiotic.
Wycked Nick
« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2003, 04:50:40 AM »

God were do I start
The burbs:If you ever found a human femur in your neighbors backyard wouldn't your first reaction be to call the cops.
The evil dead movies:STOP READING FROM DEMONIC BOOKS YOU STUPID f**kS NOTHING GOOD EVER COMES OF IT!
Halloween,nightmare on elm street and friday the 13th:If your friends are disapering or dying in strange ways DO NOT have sex, split up and go looking by your selves for the killer or missing people,  and dont ever think that the killer is ever dead if it has not been "killed" by something other than fire,explosions,or through ancient rituals.
spikesangel
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2003, 06:24:38 AM »

Evan3, i'd go back into an alien-infested ship to save my bunny.
wouldn't leave without her.

what i want to know is why the government, upon seeing that the hellish virus/killer spiders/evil robot/whatever is loose, insists upon killing as many people to keep it hushed up, as the thing itself kills.

if i knew a killer robot was on the loose in my town, i'd sleep with one eye open, one fist balled up, and a jumper cable wired to a power line under my pillow.

why not let the community help identify and dispatch the problem?

..."Tease" - JohnL
Flangepart
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2003, 02:46:19 PM »

Oh,God...please don't get me started on Octopus.....I hate that film!
And Pythons too, that mega mess!
Idiots may.be explainable in one way. If your used to a normal quiet life, it could be hard to realy accept the horror you  have been thrust into, and your mind may block out this weird reality enough you make a boo boo.
However...if you've been in  the situation more then a few hours, this could get weaker as an explination, as time passes, and more of your friends are turned into monster kibble.
ErikJ. I could see the NYPD in the Marvel universe saying "Don't move" to a guy who just fell 6 storied into the roof of a car....in THAT NYC, he could indeed be just stunned!

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2003, 12:09:05 AM »

spikesangel wrote:

> Evan3, i'd go back into an alien-infested ship to save my
> bunny.
> wouldn't leave without her.
>
>

But if you save the bunny, who the hell is gonna save you???

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Neon Noodle
« Reply #35 on: June 08, 2003, 07:01:15 AM »

Just finished watching Friday the 13th part 2, how about this one: the girl who was all hot for the guy in the wheelchair goes back to her cabin to freshen up, and Jason gets a little machete-happy while she's gone. She comes back to the main cabin, can't find him, and decided to LOOK UPSTAIRS???!?! I know she was stoned and all, but he wouldn't have any reason to go up there, and he wouldn't have taken his wheelchair!!!
Max Gardner
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2003, 06:36:14 PM »

Possibly in "Wes Craven's They" (any idea if Craven had anything whatsoever to do with this film? I can't find him anywhere), when the irritating main character opens the medicine cabinet, finds a horrible black slime dimension inside, then REACHES INTO THE CABINET.  I wish these movies were interactive, so you could personally murder every last member of the principal cast.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Most idiotic decision by a character in any movie « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.