Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:26:37 AM
714522 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Possible Purchases ? « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Possible Purchases ?  (Read 890 times)
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« on: May 27, 2003, 12:41:37 PM »

I've been thinking about these purchases lately. Any thoughts?

INVISIBLE INVADERS/ JOURNEY TO THE SEVENTH PLANET - Double disk from MGM midnight movie collection for $10.00. I have seen the ending of INVISIBLE INVADERS, but not the whole thing.

CREATURE - Klause Kinski stars in this movie distributed by Diamond

INVASION OF THE BLOOD FARMERS - Great sounding title.

CANNIBAL HOLOCAST - Heard good things about this one.

GARDEN OF THE DEAD - Neat title, but sniffing formaldahyde? Sounds dumb. Andrew also thought it wasn't  very good.

ISLAND OF DEATH - The cover says it is the most banned film ever and they can't show anything on the cover for this reason. IMAGE has put it out. This one has me curious. Any thoughts?

The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2003, 12:47:53 PM »

I saw CREATURE on VHS about 15 years ago. It's nothing special, but you won't hate it.

I have INVASION OF THE BLOOD FARMERS on DVD. It's one of those movies that looks like it was filmed in someone's house and back yard over a long weekend. Really cheapo-sleazo stuff, but I'm glad that I own it.

CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST - There is another thread about this floating around in here somewhere. I prefer CANNIBAL FEROX, but most other people seem to like CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST better. In any event, it's worth adding to your collection.

GARDEN OF THE DEAD - I've had this in my hand on several occasions, but I haven't mustered up enough courage to buy it yet.

I cannot comment on the others (although, I do remember watching JOURNEY TO THE SEVENTH PLANET when I was about 8 years old . . . can't remember much about it, but I seem to recall that someone actually sings a theme song at the beginning).

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Sam
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2003, 01:11:38 PM »

I just saw Island of death, it really is just okay. It has some great things in it but, they have also been done in other movies. It really depends on the price for it, I wouldn't pay more than 10 bucks for it.
Haze
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2003, 01:19:07 PM »

Creature was a fun movie in my opinion, it shades of Alien alot but still fun.
StatCat
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2003, 04:24:17 PM »

The Invisible Invaders/Journey dvd is a lot of fun. Journey to the seventh planet is pretty bizarre (probably because its made by Sid Pink who also made The Angry Red Planet and Reptilicus) I appreciate his bizarre genius. Psych out/ The Trip I found to be a lot more fun though- its another recent mgm double feature release. There isn't anyone shown singing a theme song that I recall.
Ash

23 Year Badmovies.org Veteran

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2003, 01:07:06 AM »

Creature is a must own.

I wouldn't recommend buying Cannibal Holocaust though.

It's one of those films that you just watch once.

Scott

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2003, 12:54:44 PM »

Thanks, these films sound like possible purchases

Journey to the Seventh Planet
Creature
Island of Death
Canibal Holocast

Invisible Invaders must have been easy to shoot. I think I seen this one at t he end once where the alien's feet are sliding across the ground. All you see is the sand moving.

JohnL

« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2003, 10:22:44 PM »

>INVISIBLE INVADERS/ JOURNEY TO THE SEVENTH PLANET

Invisible Invaders scared me when I was younger. Journey to the Seventh Planet I liked, it was very weird.

>CREATURE

Actually, Klaus isn't really the star. Not a bad Alien ripoff.

>ISLAND OF DEATH

I don't know anything about this movie, but judging by other tapes I've seen with similar descriptions on the box, I'm going to guess that it was probably made in the 1970's and wouldn't even need to be edited for TV.

Ok, I just checkedt he IMDB and only two movies have the title Island of Death, one made in 1975 and one in 1976...
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Possible Purchases ? « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.