Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:24:48 PM
714474 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Equilibrium and a few other flicks. « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Equilibrium and a few other flicks.  (Read 916 times)
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« on: May 26, 2003, 08:09:20 AM »

Well, I fared pretty well this weekend.  Blockbuster had a special this wkend, three movies for 9.99.  I picked up three great flicks: Equilibrium, Catch Me If You Can, and Eight Legged Freaks.  Wow, what a weekend.

Equilibrium seriously suprised me.  Having been a major fan of Fahrenheit 451, I was seriously entertained by this film.  My wife even liked it, which suprised the hell out of me.  Christian Bale was once again perfect at being 100% cold and heartless.  Can't say much about Taye "Groove Back" Diggs, cause I've never been a fan of his work.  This flick is one of the best I've seen this year.  A pure buy.  It's worth buying just for the opening action scene...nice!  The homages to Fahrenheit 451 we spot on.  The boy staring mindlessly into the TV...GREAT STUFF!

Catch Me If You Can was decent.  Yet another Speilberg flick (not much of a fan of his either).  DeCaprio did suprisingly well in the lead role, while my hero Chrisopher Walken was once again amazing as the father.  The film was overly long, but stayed fairly entertaining throughout.....well except for Hanks' exteremely bad accent.  

Eight Legged Freaks!  Yes!  Finally a good new monster flick!  This film suprised the hell out of me.  I was expecting more new horror trash, but I was pleasantly suprised.  This flick was great.  This is one of those films you finally rent and realize you should have seen it in the theater.  Both my wife and I are EXTEREMLY afraid of spiders, so this one made for fun times.  

Also rented three other flicks for this week.  Two Weeks Notice (Wife's choice), Analyze That, and Near Dark.

Two Weeks Notice was actually a pretty decent (although predictable) chick flick.  It was funnier than it had any right to be, and I'm a Hugh Grant fan (I'll catch flak).  Worth the rental.

Going to watch Analyze That tonight.  Hopefully Near Dark will be better now on DVD than it was two years ago on a grainy VHS.  Really disliked the film then, but rented it cuz my wife is a major vampire fan and has never seen it....maybe it'll be better.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2003, 12:22:50 PM »

Oh wow Skaboi, you did make out like a bandit this weekend.  Haven't seen Catch Me if you Can, but I know for a fact that both Equlibrium and Eight Legged Freaks were awesome, especially for the price that you got them.  I was always a fan of Near Dark, but that was mainly because Lance Henriksen and Bill Paxton were in it, and they were great as always.  Being a fan of two actors in the movie tends to skew a person's viewpoint just a bit.  Anyways, the DVD is fantastic.  Have a blast with it.

Nick
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2003, 11:44:43 PM »

Hey Skaboi, Im glad to find a fellow man who enjoys Hugh Grant's work. I own 2 of his flicks (9 months and About ABoy). Saw 2 Weeks Notice last week with my gf and actually didnt like it too much. 8 Legged Freaks is on my list to see andI also found Catch Me If You Can entertaining, well worth the rental price.

What is this vampire movie? I have never heard of it before. Thumbs up or down???

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
Mr_Vindictive
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2003, 07:29:20 AM »

Great to know I'm not the only Grant fan.  I really need to get About A Boy on DVD.  

The vamp movie we mentioned was Near Dark.  It's a pretty good 80's vamp flick set out in the midwest.  Not the normal vamp film though.  It is about a guy who gets bitten by a hot redneck vampire chick, then get's picked up in an RV by her "Family".  It's basically a bunch of psycho vampires going around the country killing.  It's a lot more entertaining on DVD than it was on VHS years ago.  Where else can you see Lance Henrickson as the father of a sadistic vampire family, and Bill Paxton as a mentally imbalanced psychopath bloodsucker?  Fun times.

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Jim Hepler
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2003, 03:24:24 PM »

Near Dark is quite good..  But it has one of the most disappointing endings *EVER*.

Equilibrium is great though.  I don't know why people always say it rips off the Matrix.
systemcr4sh
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2003, 03:30:53 PM »

I bought Near Dark completely on impulse after hearing a few things about it, Definately worth the buy the dvd is pretty awesome.

-Dan

"Evil will always triumph, because good, is dumb"
-Spaceballs

"Now life's like a b-movie, That no one wants to see,
Here comes the zombie, Portraying me."
     - Dillinger Four
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Equilibrium and a few other flicks. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.