Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:17:16 PM
714411 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Best.... Villian... Ever « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Best.... Villian... Ever  (Read 6510 times)
AndyC
Global Moderator
B-Movie Kraken

« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2003, 01:53:35 PM »

Has to be Khan Noonien Singh. He's intelligent, educated and charismatic, has genetically-enhanced strength and endurance, and can switch easily between charming, stone cold, and, when pushed far enough, stark raving mad.

Recently read the two-book Star Trek: The Eugenics Wars. Really added a lot to the character.

---------------------
"Join me in the abyss of savings."
Pete B6K
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #16 on: June 02, 2003, 01:58:31 PM »

David Lo Pan. Indeed!
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #17 on: June 02, 2003, 02:10:41 PM »

Evan3 wrote:

"Man Burgo, have you liked a bad guy since the seventies???"

Actually, most of my posts will reveal that I haven't liked much of anything since the 70s.

I guess Hannibal Lecter and a few others should be on my list, but I'm really a product of 60s and 70s movie-making. Some of my greatest movie memories are from my days as a kid at the drive-in. Now, I watch DVDs of all those drive-in movies and reminisce.

* Sigh *

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Fearless Freep

« Reply #18 on: June 02, 2003, 02:31:01 PM »

Actually, most of my posts will reveal that I haven't liked much of anything since the 70s.

I thought it, but you said it

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Damien01
« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2003, 02:37:24 PM »

Any Character that is played by Richard Lynch...
Feathertop
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #20 on: June 02, 2003, 06:10:07 PM »

Thanks for the reminder of how good Hauer was in this film! And best of all, there was never any HITCHER II, III,etc.
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #21 on: June 02, 2003, 06:20:04 PM »

Feathertop wrote:

> Thanks for the reminder of how good Hauer was in this film! And
> best of all, there was never any HITCHER II, III,etc.

Sorry to break this news to you . . . but HITCHER 2 is coming out on DVD soon. Rutger Hauer is not in it, though. This time, C. Thomas Howell  meets up with Jake Busey. You can pre-order this on Deep Discount DVD's website (if you dare).

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Shark
« Reply #22 on: June 02, 2003, 06:31:23 PM »

<< Jacobin Mugato from Zoolander: Will Ferell really just steals this awesome movie with his maniacal portrayal of a fashion nut, and the only one who can see past Blue Steel. >>

You're kidding, right?  Zoolander had to be one of THE most retarded movies ever made.

Feathertop
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #23 on: June 02, 2003, 06:32:24 PM »

D'OH!
yaddo42
« Reply #24 on: June 02, 2003, 09:30:02 PM »

More an actor than a character, but Richard Boone in his hammy villain roles: "Hombre", "The Shootist", "Big Jake", He played the kind of villain you could root for. I guess I'd pick his character in "Big Jake" for his great lines ("Anything goes wrong,anything at all.  Your fault, our fault, nobody's fault, We won't wait, we won't try again, we'll just send that boy's body back to you in a basket"), his creepy charm ("There's my 'bon-e-fie-des'"), and his cunning (like playing dumb at parts and pretending to be one of the underlings rather than the leader).

Dr. Bruno Mabuse in the German suspense films featuring him. To me the best of the criminal mastermind/mad scientist type. Schemes within schemes within schemes. Underlings who never know who they're really working for. A true master of disguise, so good that the heroes don't trust each other because he could just as likely be hiding as one of them. So powerful and clever he even runs his criminal network from inside an insane asylum at times. But mad enough that when a plan fails in one film he screams "Victorious!" over and over again after his underlings have been killed or captured, his disguise is found out, the heroes have blasted their way into his hideout and it's burning down around him.
BlackAngel
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2003, 12:43:47 AM »

Not so much a villain, but probably the worst a***ole you ever want to be in a jail cell with is Lee Ermey, a.k.a. Drill Instructer, Sgt. Hartman in Full Metal Jacket.  I saw the DVD while I was in Ft. Stewart.  Ladies and gentleman (and I think Andrew can attest to this assumption), Sgt. Hartman represented the old school military.  The kind of military where a drill seargent would make you p**s in your pants, then make you lick it off if you mess up his floor (and I thought my drill seargents were bad).  The way he asked question about you sexuallity ("Do you suck dicks?"), comment on where you're from ("Texas!  Only steers and queers come from Texas!"), and threats (something that has to do with gouging out eyes from the sockets and skull-f**king them).  Definitly a man to avoid.  Especially if your name is "Pyle".
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meteor Man can kick Superman's ass.
petrol lunatic
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2003, 12:54:15 AM »

John Lithgow from Footloose, how dare he stop Kevin Bacon from dancing.

and soon you will feel it
while the wind is blowing and the blood is boiling
it won't be no dream and no one will hear you scream
crawling out of the dark
Grumpy Guy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2003, 10:09:27 AM »

Rodger Delgado (or however the heck you spell his name) as "The Master" in Dr. Who.  Smooth, calculating, and just plain cool.

--"I doubt if a single individual could be found from the whole of mankind free from some form of insanity.  The only difference is one of degree."
--Desiderius Erasmus
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2003, 11:51:32 AM »

I must add Mr. Blonde from Resevoir Dogs, while I hated the movie, he was a brutal maniac.

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
onionhead
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2003, 08:30:39 PM »

Ahhnold as the  original Terminator--"I'll be back," but as a kinder, gentler robot in T2.
Yeah, Andy Robinson in Dirty Harry.
Personal favorite is Bruce Dern in Black Sunday---"Oooooooooooh, Elsa, look at the symetry!"

Some people like cupcakes better--I for one care less for them
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Best.... Villian... Ever « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.