Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 02:58:08 AM
714543 Posts in 53100 Topics by 7746 Members
Latest Member: Bluetoothicb
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A "Man! I'm so sensitive" post. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: A "Man! I'm so sensitive" post.  (Read 4455 times)
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« on: June 04, 2003, 10:11:20 AM »

Hello, it's me again. Look, I was thinking that if I want to ever finish my psychological warfare essay before the deadline I need to know more about you. I mean, I know already plenty of stuff about all you from other posts, mainly who are you, where do you live, how you do your watching, political views, philias and phobias, what makes you  laugh and what makes you anger, etc.

But it is not enough. This post is about what movies or movie scenes make you cry. And I don't mean because they are bad, I mean things that make you really fall apart. Of course, I will do it first so people can laugh at me and then can be laugh at.

P.D. I state that the fact that I'm showing my sensitive part is not an attempt to impress the women at the phorum. Although I'm tempted after seeing that Spikesangel pic...

Films / Parts of films that make me fall apart:
-----------------------------------------------------------------

1) The ending of Brian DePalma's "Carlito's way". Touching.

2) The ending of Steven Spielberg's "Empire of the sun". Old movie, so I guess I can spoil it: A child  who has spent most of WWII in China away from his parents finds them at last, but has changed so much that he does not even recognise them.

3) A particular moment in "Spirited away" when one of the main characters is reminded his past. It happens nearly the end of it, and I can't tell much about it without spoiling it. It is a very happy moment, and everytime I watch it I feel tears coming to my eyes.

Now it is your turn... And don't tell me that you never felt like having a napkin near when you were watching a movie...

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Grumpy Guy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2003, 10:20:43 AM »

Uhg.  Being a generally Grumpy Guy, not too many scenes choke me up, but there are a couple...

1.)  The part in Fired Green Tomatoes when what's her face's brother dies.  (Did I just admit that?)

2.)  The end of Schindler's List, when all those survivors and family are putting stoned on Oskar Schindler's grave.

3.)  Graveyard of the Fireflies.  The whole damn film.  If you haven't seen it, SEE IT.  It's one of the best, most depressing films ever made, bar none.  Keep a box of tissue handy.

Yeesh.  That was embarrassing...

--"I doubt if a single individual could be found from the whole of mankind free from some form of insanity.  The only difference is one of degree."
--Desiderius Erasmus
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2003, 10:50:17 AM »

Ending of Donnie Darko.....especially with Mad World playing...so depressing and heart breaking......

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Grumpy Guy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2003, 10:54:09 AM »

You know, I really didn't care for that movie.  It seemed like a lot of weird for little payoff.  Sort of like a gothic Naked Lunch without all the homo-erotic insects.

--"I doubt if a single individual could be found from the whole of mankind free from some form of insanity.  The only difference is one of degree."
--Desiderius Erasmus
Mr_Vindictive

By Sword. By Pick. By Axe. Bye Bye.

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2003, 11:26:09 AM »

I connected with Donnie.  I thought about all the times in my life that I should have been like Donnie.  I should have spoken my mind, stood up for myself.  Donnie was just a good guy, misunderstood and disturbed, but good nonetheless.

As for the Jenna Malone character, I really fell in love with her in this flick.  She was great.  (SPOILER!) Seeing her get hit by the car was very painful.  Then, Donnie's death takes place just a few minutes after that.  Really sad stuff.  I cry most everytime I see it.  

Maybe I just like movies too much.............

A bald man named Savalas visited me last night in a dream.  I think it was a Telly vision.
Evan3
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2003, 11:49:13 AM »

I have to second skaboi's nomination of Donnie Darko, that was just a wonderful song selection. Here are others.

Breakfast At Tiffany's: the end when everything goes right after so much struggle and the kiss in the rain is just so classic.

I also must admit that Sweet November always gets me choked up, when she teaches Keanu's character to love and live, and then must learn herself. Just beautiful.

Don't forget Brian's Song, th one movie known for making guys cry, it is just great.

Life Is Beautiful gets me to cry, because you realize that gift he gave his son really does make life beautiful.

American Beauty, just when Kevin Spacey realizes what is important in life (roses are nex to the pic of his family for the first time in the movie) he is kileld.

Terminator 2, there is something so sad and heroic in just pure heroism. the Terminator really did become human.

THe Lion King - I know it is animated, but when Mufasa falls saving his son and when the circle repeats, it is all so wonderful.

One Flew Over The Cukoos Nest - It is sad because Nicholson's character is done with, but dreams can be done it turns out.

Lastly is About A Boy - great music and Hugh Grant really comes through.

9/11, and the violence in Israel makes me more sad than anything.
Now you should ask
what songs make people cry. Also, please let me know the results of your essay, or give me the essay itself, it sounds so cool.

"Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink."

--Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

"Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it."

--His reply
raj

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2003, 12:18:14 PM »

The Lion in Winter and Dangerous Liaisons.  

And of course, Old Yeller.  I can't stand it when a dog dies.
Damien01
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2003, 01:15:42 PM »

The first 5 mins of Star Wars Epsode 1... sorry... but I cannot believe I waited so many years to watch that crap...
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2003, 01:52:21 PM »

the end of 'the castle of cagliostro' always brings tears to my eyes. this is another of Miazakis animated movies and as far as I'm concerned its still his best. It was just such a beautiful ending

the T2 ending was pretty sad

schindlers list was sad too, esp at the end.

Grave of the fireflies....f**k that was one depressing movie.

the end of 'the fellowship of the rings' was perfect, I was a little misty eyed at how beautiful the movie was done.The song that was played was perfect.

save the world, kill a politician or two.
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2003, 02:43:05 PM »

I'm such a sap for romantic stuff it's embarrassing.  Jenna Malone getting creamed in Donnie Darko is a perfect example.  Two lovers who should have the happiest life together getting torn apart with no hope of seeing each other again just kills me.
Also, any scene wherein a dog is hurt or killed.  I love dogs, and even in a movie I can't stand to see one harmed.
And finally - the scene in "The Bear" where the baby bear finds his mother buried in the rockslide.  Just thinking about that brings the tears.
And since somebody suggested songs, I'll throw one of those in, too.  The songs "Old Broken Soldier" and "Vimy" by Tanglefoot are probably the two most powerful songs I've ever heard.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Brother Ragnarok

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2003, 02:44:11 PM »

Also, I forgot to say that I too would very much like to read this essay when you're done, since up until two minutes ago I didn't know we were subjects of one.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
Paquita

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2003, 06:29:19 PM »

its probably not fair for me to answer cos im a wuss and poo makes me cry but ill try to help!
Steel Magnolias has been on HBO a lot  recently and that whole movie made me cry.
Glitter made me cry, at the end when she started singing I cried even more and then when she met her mom I cried even MORE. I cried both out of sadness and shame, it was sad and it was bad and it was supposed to make me cry and I fell for it and probably would again.
Everytime I watch Milo and Otis and they decide to go their separate ways I cry.
In The Gate when that boy kills his friends dog cos he thinks its his mom and hugs him but then sees its the dog and gets scared I really cry! thats the worst!
I cry when Uncle Ben dies in Spiderman.
I know this isnt a movie but everytime Aeris dies in final fantASSy 7 i sob for hours.

and pretty much anytime an animal, old person, or husband or wife dies in a movie i cry.

love colleen
TC
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2003, 07:15:40 PM »

Only two that I can think of off the top of my head:

1) E.T. - I loved that little alien bastard.  Hated to see him go.

2) About Schmidt - It wasn't really sad or anything....For some reason, it just kinda choked me up - a happy kind of choked up though.
JohnL

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2003, 01:25:22 AM »

One movie that made me really sad was Hannah's War, which is based on a true story. A young Jewish woman joins the resistance during World War one, gets captured, tortured and just when it looks like the approaching allies will arrive in time to save her, she's taken out and executed. Also the scene in Shot Through the Heart (about the war in Bosnia) where a young girl is shot in the head by a sniper while sitting on the steps of her house waiting for her mother.
Neon Noodle
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2003, 05:47:39 AM »

Can't believe I'm admitting this....

the last 15 minutes of "Field of Dreams" are impossible for me to sit through without crying. Doc walking off the field to save John's daughter, seeing his father at home plate; then he realizes what The Voice was talking about. (Ease his pain, etc) It sums up how family is the most important thing you'll ever have in life.
Pages: [1] 2
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  A "Man! I'm so sensitive" post. « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.