Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 02:18:17 PM
714479 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7743 Members
Latest Member: medikam
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  U think bad movies are good, just wait till you get your hands on bad games.... « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: U think bad movies are good, just wait till you get your hands on bad games....  (Read 1789 times)
I luv dolma
« on: January 21, 2004, 01:42:33 PM »

Yes, folks, there are such things as bad video games. There were the nintendo classics like Radical Racing for the SNES and Joe & Mac. But they were good, they had a music score, gameplay, and a purpose. One game that was just released for the PC had none of those. I haven't played it yet, but cried in laughter by just reading the reviews. The name of this game, that has earned its place as the worst video game ever, is Big Rigs: Over the Road Racing. There is no background music, you can't access one of the tracks (glitch in the game), the graphics and trucks look horrible (belive me, I've seen the pics), and no matter what you do, you cannot lose. The AI is so horrible, that when you race another truck, that opposing truck just stands there. YOU WIN EVERY TIME NO MATTER WHAT YOU DO. THERE IS NO COMPETITION OR TIME LIMIT!

You always get a screen that says, "You're winner." LIke they coudn't afford to put the "THE" in there...

Read more about it at gamespot.com. It will put a smile on your face.
StatCat
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2004, 06:59:18 PM »

That sounds pretty funny- I want to try it now.

I remember quite a few video game nightmares one of which is a little game called Ikari Warriors 2 for NES- worst damn game I ever played probably.  I mean the whole thing looks like it was put together by some stupid college kids in the late 80's in under a day.  I'm not saying now that the original Ikari Warriors is bad (well maybe on NES- the arcade version ruled) but 2 was a nightmare beyond description.  You seriously couldn't even make out what was going on in the game.

-----------------------------------------------------
Wear a suit and tie when I'd rather sit and die
-=NiGHTS=-
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2004, 09:14:26 PM »

Well, there's a difference between bad movies and bad games--there are very few entertaining bad games.  Because a bad game isjust that--a game that failed at being fun.

However, a few have funny bits.  Zero Wing, obviously--All your base are belong to us.  A winner is you.  Etc, etc.

My vote goes for Two Bad Dudes, though:

Ninjas have kidnapped the president!  Are you a bad enough dude to save him?

On a similar note, I have an Ikari Warriors arcade cabinet.  I got it our local Salvation Army for $20.  It still have six dollars in quarters in it's money box.  It's the best addition I ever put into my room.
Max Gardner
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2004, 11:32:48 PM »

Plenty of entertaining bad games out there, painstakingly documented at the now-defunct Zany Video Game Quotes website.  I'd say the two most recent MST3K-able games would have to be Shenmue, Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2.
Neville
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2004, 09:40:55 AM »

I can't help remembering an old game I played in my ancient Amstrad CPC computer (based in an arce, I believe) called "Psycho Pig UXB". It was an amazing game, and what made it even better was the premise: a contest where different types of pigs would throw time bombs to each other until only one was left. Oh, and in the bonus rounds, your pig had to kiss as many she-pigs as possible. LOL this is what I would consider a "bad" game: stupid premise but a riot to play. Oh, and the "Penguin Kun Wars" series for the MSX computers was almost as fun as well.

Due to the horrifying nature of this film, no one will be admitted to the theatre.
Grumpy Guy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2004, 11:13:12 AM »

How about River City Ransom for the Nes/Famicom?

Goofy SD graphics, occasionally riotous translations, and some of the most fun you could have saving your girlfriend.  It was just like Double Dragon, except it was FUN.

--"I doubt if a single individual could be found from the whole of mankind free from some form of insanity.  The only difference is one of degree."
--Desiderius Erasmus
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2004, 11:39:34 AM »

One of my favorites is "Typing of the Dead." Basically, they just took House of the Dead (which is pretty funny on its own-- Some of the worst voice-acting I've ever heard), but made it so you have to type words to kill the zombies. The best part, though, is the fact that they changed the characters' guns into chest-mounted keyboards! Forget House of the Dead; THIS is the one they should've made a movie out of!

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
I luv dolma
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2004, 12:00:16 PM »

Hey, you, I love Final Fantasy X and X2. But I gotta admit, its easy to make fun of them. But its fun and entertaining.
Eirik
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2004, 02:12:38 PM »

Lock and Chase from the old intellivision system - You play a robber running through a maze picking up coins while four differently colored keystone cops chase you...  And you can pick up something in each corner that means you can kill them (I think it was a club).  Clear evidence that Intellivision couldn't get the rights to make an actual version of PacMan.
-=NiGHTS=-
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2004, 03:58:40 PM »

Pfft.  Typing of the dead is just part of the huge wave of reall WIERD games that came out for the Dreamcast.

Ever play Seaman?

Also, unfortunately canceled, was an Emeril Lagasse game, complete with working saucepan controller.
Vermin Boy
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2004, 07:02:42 PM »

Also, if you guys haven't already, check out the NES section at www.seanbaby.com. Hilarious stuff.

-Vermin Boy

My site: The Vermin Cave
My band: The Demons of Stupidity
?????: ?????
Max Gardner
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2004, 07:06:17 PM »

Typing of the Dead is a brilliant game.  It's also the only effective typing program around, since you actually have to type some difficult stuff (melancholy oligarchiologist?!), so it keeps me in practice when I haven't got the presence of mind to write anything meaningful.  They really should make a Typing of the Dead movie.  The tagline: "They're coming for YOU, illiterate moron." And yes, the voice acting was staggering.

FFX was an irritating game all around.  Lacking in character and plot, it might be a one- or two-slime game, if we're going by the tried and true rating system.  It didn't help matters much that the protagonist was a shrill Leonardo diCaprio doppelganger.  FFX-2 is like a forty-hour episode of Charlie's Angels with N'Sync concerts interspersed throughout.  It may well be the most obnoxious game ever devised.  Considering how excellent the franchise was back on the SNES and PSX (with the exception of FFVIII, which proved to be a harbinger of later failures), it's something like seeing Aliens and Titanic on the same director's filmography.

Shenmue, on the other hand...ah, it's worth playing this awful game just to laugh at the painful dialogue and acting.  My favorite part? I guess it'd be a tossup between the meaningful conversation where the protagonist replies to his girlfriend's every statement with a bored "Yeah." and the part where the old man says "And then, to make matters worse, I fell down."
Genetic Mishap
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2004, 10:22:52 PM »

Just for the record, I'm not much of a gamer.
One of my favorite games of all time is Shivers, which was a MYST-ish game where you wonder around a museum and trap cartoon ghosts that look like they jumped out of a cheap Clip Art website.
There's some hilarious "acting" in it too.

Of, course, the acting in the original Resident Evil was a hoot too.

"It's not just a poisonous snake...it's a MONSTER!!"
JohnL
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2004, 02:46:29 AM »

Warplock on the Atari 2600 - use a paddle controller to move your gun left/right while trying to hit one spaceship at a time. When you get to 99, then game ends.

Bionic Commando (US version) on the C64 - They took a decent game in the arcades, discarded the colorful European version and turned it into a crappy little game where all the graphics are green, blue, yellow, black and white.

Gunsmoke on the C64 - Another lousy port by Crapcom, they took a game that looked like Commando set in the old west in the arcade and turned it into something that looked like a magazine type-in game.

Moondust on the C64 - Move your astromaut around, drop colored seeds, smear them into a big mess, all while occasionally losing your head temporarily. How do you play it? Nobody knows...

Street Fighter on the Amiga - Dinky little characters that barely move and have a reach of about 1/4 of an inch.

Barbarian and Obliterator on the Amiga - Platform games that you control by clicking on icons! Want to shoot, click the shoot icon. Want to jump, click the jump icon. Need to duck, click the duck icon. And once you click an icon, it only takes about 5 seconds for your character to respond! What idiot thought up that control system?

The Colony on Amiga (also on Mac & IBM) - 3D adventure game that preceeded Wolfenstein and all the rest. I was enjoying this one except that no matter what I did I could never use anything except the lowest power weapon and suit and there were some areas I could never figure out how to get into without dying. Then I looked in a solution book; Use the forklift to pick up teleporter 1 and go through teleporter 2. Drop teleporter 1 and go through it. Pick up teleporter 3. Go back to teleporter 2 and go through it. Drop teleporter 3 and pick up teleporter 1. Go through teleporter 3 then drop teleporter 1. Pick up teleporter 2 and go through teleporter 4... It was at this point that I gave up on ever solving this game.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  U think bad movies are good, just wait till you get your hands on bad games.... « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.