Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:49:00 PM
714657 Posts in 53102 Topics by 7748 Members
Latest Member: Lucinda02
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  How would they change the remake of Texas Chainsaw Massercer « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: How would they change the remake of Texas Chainsaw Massercer  (Read 971 times)
Dave: Blackeye15
« on: June 10, 2003, 11:51:37 PM »

I heard that there is going to be a remake of the Texas Chainsaw Massecre and i'm kinda hoping that it has that same freaky raw energy style of the orginal but i'm pretty worried about it you know so I think this is what they'll change..

1)"All the actors have much sex appeal, and at one point they're gonna have sex"
If I remeber correctly the orignal didn't have any sex or make out scenes but i'm sure those will be added.

2) "There's going to be a sterotype of a jive talking African American person that dies first" I always hate it when this happens in movies.

3) "The person in charge of this whole thing is going to add a TON of gore" One reason why I like the orginal is because it's really not that gory compaired to other well known movie, and I thought the film was very distrurping, scary, and had a kinda realistic tone to it.

Any just my thoughts

-the first rule of fat club-
Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2003, 12:04:24 AM »

The first two are spot on, but I doubt this will have much gore in it either considering Michael Bay is behind it (last I heard, anyway).  He's too much of a puss for good gore.  Something will probably explode numerous times, though.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
George
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2003, 07:57:27 AM »

My guess is the only thing that it will do is suck.  That's as dumb as doing a remake of Psycho or something......oh wait...........
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2003, 08:01:36 AM »

Here is the major change:

The original is a classic, the remake will stink.

Thanks for allowing me to share my thoughts.

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
raj

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2003, 09:30:34 AM »

They''ll somehow add in a car chase.  Maybe have the family chase down someone who gets away, at the start of the film.  And the car will explode.
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2003, 12:05:59 PM »

It won't have any of the gritty, dirty feeling of the original, or the atmosphere.
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2003, 04:16:57 PM »

I agree with you Dave, for the most part.  But like Brother R said, I don't think Bay will add much gore, if any at all.  He won't try to squeeze a PG-13 rating out of the thing, at least I'm hoping he won't.  But I do agree about Bay tossing some jive talking African American into the mix.  The sad part is, it'll be one of the following people:  Ice Cube, Busta Rhymes, LL Cool J, Anthony Anderson, Martin Lawrence, or any other rap artist/black comedian.  And you're right, he'll probably die first.  Who knows, maybe we'll all be wrong, but until then, I'll keep my reservations.

Nick
James Denning
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2003, 04:38:01 PM »

Having just watched wrong turn, isn't that movie virutaly identical to TCM, i mean, three backwoods brothers terrorize a few idiots who happen to be passing through the area?

"i'am so great, I'am so great, every body loves me, i'am so great"-1980's baby bart simpson
Chadzilla
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2003, 05:15:08 PM »

1.) There will be songs in the movie, the loudest and most irritating of which will be played during the Leatherface chasing Final Girl moment.

2.) Leatherface will say witty things like "I saw her, in two!"

3.) Something (the gas station, the house, or the van) will explode into a huge fire ball.

4.) Interiors will be smoking and laced with beams of light.  Exteriors will be shot in either a golden hue or sunset red color.

5.) One of the group will be a member of the family, or be a part of it and responsible for luring them in.

6.) Instead of doing something sympathetic (like checking to see if a relatives grave has been defiled, as in the first) the kids are out running Mary Jane across the border.

7.) There will be music videos.

8.) The Sawyer lair will resemble the sets from Nothing But Trouble more then anything else.

Chadzilla
Gosh, remember when the Internet was supposed to be a wonderful magical place where intelligent, articulate people shared information? Neighborhood went to hell real fast... - Anarquistador
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2003, 03:43:58 PM »

One more thing:  You can guarantee that a song by P.O.D. will be on the soundtrack, and will be playing during the movie itself.  If not during the movie, it'll be played during the ads.

Nick
JohnL

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2003, 03:40:39 PM »

P.O.D.?

Piece of Dung?
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  How would they change the remake of Texas Chainsaw Massercer « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.