Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:54:13 AM
714522 Posts in 53098 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Saw "The Road Warriror/ Mad Max" (spoilers) « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Saw "The Road Warriror/ Mad Max" (spoilers)  (Read 965 times)
Dave: Blackeye15
« on: June 17, 2003, 09:22:02 PM »

I watched "The Road Warrior" this weekend and am just now typeing the review. I really liked this movie a lot, it defiently was a good action movie, but I do have my complaits. 1) MAX LOOSES HIS CAR! What's up with that!? That car was awesome! When I saw it upside down in the ditch I was thinking "NOOO! Well it can still be fixed that base has mechanics" But when I saw the fuse in it I was thinking "Good bye cool car". 2) MAX LOOSES ANOTHER DOG! Shesh I mean does Geroge Miller LIKE killing everydog Max has, that dog was pretty cool, I always hate it when dogs are killed in movies, I wonder if Mad Max 3 kills another dog of Max. Anyway those are my only complaints and I give this movie a 5/5 same as the first movie, I recomend the first two Mad Max movies for sure (don't know about the third one though, I havn't seen it.)

-the first rule of fat club-
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2003, 10:12:01 PM »

The 3rd one isn't as good as the first two, but it's okay . . .

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
Dolph Lundgren
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2003, 11:15:25 PM »

The third one's tough to recommend if you loved the first two so much.  It's not that it's bad, it's just.. different.  The Thunderdome is a cool idea, but the movie is more like Mad Max lite.  Don't get me wrong, I still loved it, but on a different level than I did the first two.  Tina Turner as the main villain was pretty.. odd, but other than that, a pretty good movie.  Not a classic like Road Warrior, but not horrible, either.

Nick
Nathan Shumate
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2003, 08:34:53 AM »

Man, is EVERYONE watching them right now?  I just uploaded a Mad Max review last week, and the review for The Road Warrior is in the hopper waiting for my post-apocalyptc July.
akiratubo

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2003, 09:07:17 AM »

The Road Warrior is one of those movies I never tire of watching.  The Humungus is such a great villain.  Think about it:

For a villain in that type of flick, he's a freakin' genius.
He's well spoken.
He somehow manages to keep his body built in a post-apoc wasteland.
He wears a metal hockey mask.
He can build a huge truck/tractor thing with enough power to run down Max's interceptor.
He has invented TARDIS technology for his nitrous bottles.
He can do that vein-popping thing over his entire head.
He sacrificed himself so that his followers could capture the gasoline (too bad it was just dirt).

He's just great.

Kneel before Dr. Hell, the ruler of this world!
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2003, 11:09:49 AM »

So that's what his name was I never knew that,  could somebody tell me what the name of the guy with the mohawk and that crossbow on his hand. I just called this guy Spade because there was a villian that looked a lot like him from "Fist of the North Star".

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2003, 02:57:33 PM »

Wait a sec I meant to write this "Road Warrior/ Mad Max 2" I meant Mad Max "2" not the orignal.

JohnL

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2003, 06:26:14 PM »

>could somebody tell me what the name of the guy with the mohawk and that
>crossbow on his hand.

According to the IMDB, his name is Wez, played by Vernon Wells.

Vernon Wells
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Saw "The Road Warriror/ Mad Max" (spoilers) « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.