Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:03:44 PM
712916 Posts in 53040 Topics by 7722 Members
Latest Member: GenevaBarr
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies (present or recent) that have been milked dry « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Movies (present or recent) that have been milked dry  (Read 8826 times)
N. E. Moses
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2001, 02:06:22 AM »

My friend Abby, you forgot to mention the two god-awful movies (the second one is even worse) based on an equally talentless and tasteless TV series: Power Rangers, The Movie and Power Rangers Turbo.  There, I said them. Now someone please SHOOT ME!!!!!
Flangepart
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2001, 05:12:46 PM »

Hair, did you ever see another MOVIE series become so well compleated in ANOTHER MEDIUM? The books have done great stories! "I Jedi " was a fantastic book. The develoupment of Wedge Antillies and Rogue Squdron have just by them selves shown the potential of that  Galaxy far far away. So why did Papa George screw up the franchise bigtime? Me no git it! BTW....don't feel bad, i'm still bantha fodder too.
Flangepart
« Reply #17 on: July 09, 2001, 05:16:36 PM »

Ah, man. When ever a good one does stuff beneath his proven abilites, there are only tow words for it. HOUSE PAYMENT. At least i hope thats all it is. Good grief, how many of them might have thought they were goint to be in a Good flick!.....
Chadzilla
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2001, 01:10:50 AM »

My son likes them and dammit so do I!  For a very different reason of course.
Chadzilla
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2001, 01:11:24 AM »

Star Trek
Hairzilla
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2001, 01:58:42 AM »

Brothers in bantha fodder Flange'! Rock on!

As to why "King" George seems to be intentionally altering much of what he'd accomplished with the original trilogy? All funny remarks aside I honestly couldn't even begin to speculate. If it were me in his position, and I was trying to take the next, logical, cinematic step in the "SW Saga" you can bet that I'd be going over the original three films while standing on my hands just to make sure that I'd kept the continuity tight!

A theory that I do have, however, is that the "special editions" had absolutely nothing to do with wanting to re-release the films on the big screen as an "anniversary gift" for the hardcore fans. [Loyalty can be painful sometimes, eh? Greedo....now shoots first....agony....aaaaaaagony....] It was all about making the money needed to finance 'Menace.

Have I ever seen a MOVIE series become so well completed in another medium? No....Wait. Actually, now that I'm thinking more about this I'd have to say yes. [Great, I stay up too late posting and start sounding like Ross Perot! This...is not good.] There have been several Godzilla novels written in the past few years that have been excellent, [As I abruptly launch into an "air guitar" solo!] and that really treat the entire idea of giant monsters in a way that is much more believable than even the best of the films.

I'd especially recommend "Godzilla 2000 - The Age of Monsters"! It begins just near the closing of 1999, and events of possibly apocolyptic proportions begin coming together that result in various monsters...Rodan, Mothra, Varan...appearing around the world....and in, uh, other places. [Yep, you read correctly. Varan, as in "The Unbelievable", who was actually one of the best things about this book!]. Oh yeah, and lest I forget, the swarm of giant praying manti' that devastate Kansas!  When Godzilla himself [Itself?] surfaces, he begins a mysterious trek that takes him across much of the United States and has the entire world watching until....well that'd be giving it away.      

And on that note, I've gotta get some sleep!
Abby
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2001, 02:14:57 AM »

To Moses: I have a soft spot for The Power Rangers, especially the first season. It was just so shockingly crappy at the time that it demanded attention. I only wish I had taped some of the even crappier Power Rangers knock-offs, the worst of which only aired a few episodes.

But I actually saw the first Power Rangers movie at midnight in a drive-in, so it worked under those conditions.

And will they quit making Prophecy sequels? Cripes, I was unfortunate enough to see the first one in a theater. I also might have to pull a Troll 2 move and urinate on a video shelf if they release another Hellraiser flick.
Flangepart
« Reply #22 on: July 10, 2001, 12:02:56 PM »

Dude...you are a (Secular) GOD! I love Marc C's G series! I've read the books more then once, and realised if i ever got the chance to do MY  G or Kaiju films, He would be the writer! He keeps reminding you of the Human Cost of the existance of such creatures. And the world wide effect of their depridations. Thats what i want to see delt with. I would love to see the Military , just once, kick some Kaiju ass. All by they selves! Just once.......Is that...too much to ask?
Chadzilla
« Reply #23 on: July 10, 2001, 12:31:35 PM »

I didn't scroll down on Hairzilla's post (d'oh!) and thus missed the beautiful plug for Marc Cerasini's way excellent Godzilla YA books.  I was strolling through Barnes & Noble one fine day (wasn't the merry month o' May though) when, in the Science Fiction section I saw a title that made my eyes pop out GODZILLA 2000 (ironically the Japanese movie made a few years later had a similiar title, great minds think alike I guess).  Reading it was pure heaven.  I have just about every book in the series (and a few of Scott Ciercin's kiddie 'zilla books as well) and I was sorry that Random House scuttled them.  :-(

Titles I have
Godzilla Returns
Godzilla 2000
Godzilla at World's End (set in Antartica with references to Carpenter's Thing and At the Mountains of Madess - Cerasini knows his genre stuff)
Godzilla versus The Robot Monsters

The 'final' title in the series was Godzilla and The Lost Continent (evidently this newly found island was destined to become Monster Island), but I cannot find it anywhere.  Rumor has it that the novel was never even released.  Anybody out there know how to get in touch with Cerasini so I can get this book?

Scott Ciercin kiddie titles I have
Godzilla, King of the Monsters (nothing really new or interesting, but Godzilla does go native and dances to the drums for a minute.  Get down with your bad self Big G)
Godzilla Invades America (Godzilla and giant insects thrash Las Vegas, now THAT'S the way its done!)

still have to get
Journey to Monster Island
Godzilla versus The Space Monster (aka everybody beloved three head golden dragon)
to complete the kiddie 'zilla story arc

These books are a hoot to read and are far more respectful of Godzilla than the callous and cynical Deanzilla revision.  It is impossible for me to recommend them higher.
Hairzilla
« Reply #24 on: July 10, 2001, 07:25:48 PM »

Good one Chadzilla! I can't believe that most of us actually overlooked the long running "Star Trek" movie series!  [This could mean something.]  Whether the fault lies with the overall inconsistancy of the different writers and directors of each film, or that there really is a "Star Trek Curse", I think most of us would agree that every odd numbered movie in the series...1, 3, etc... pretty much made any self respecting "Trekkie" want to zap himself unconcious with a Klingon pain stick! [And, with 'Trek Ten due out next year, and the idea of a possible "Voyager" feature film floating around, it aint over yet!]  

With so many to choose from it's hard to narrow down exactly which one I think is most deserving of the "Count Suckula" award, [And I just know I'm gonna think of something that totally changes my opinion hours after I post this. Even now the spectre of Christopher Lloyd as a Klingon is nagging at me...] but the top two would probably have to be either "Generations" or the one with that shiny, happy Vulcan! "Come, let me feel your pain!" Uuuuh... ok, dude. Just sit thru this flick and you'll be feeling it plenty! No wonder Spock never mentioned having a half-brother....
Flangepart
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2001, 10:57:20 AM »

Oh, the pain, the pain. This...was a BAD Film...worse then that stuff you scrape off your teeth in the morning. Trek 5: Why God is p**sed. @ is good, 4 is good, 6 is okey.....thats it for me. Next Gen has its moments, but moments do not a compleat film make!  Must...find..better movie...can't hold on mush longer...must end Shatner parody. Worst thing you could hear about Star trek 5: Two words. DIRECTORS CUT!
Chadzilla
« Reply #26 on: July 11, 2001, 03:14:47 PM »

Generations seemed really lame to me, but I did not see it all.
I liked 5, it made me laugh with both its intentional and unintentional humor.
Anybody notice that Kirk's prophecy of his death (I'll die alone) came true in Generations?
The worst of the worst is Star Trek: The Motion Picture - so much movie, so little plot.  argh make it END!
Chadzilla
« Reply #27 on: July 11, 2001, 03:20:37 PM »

I also might have to pull a Troll 2 move and urinate on a video shelf if they release another Hellraiser flick.

That's an image I just can't seem to get out of my mind.
Hairzilla
« Reply #28 on: July 11, 2001, 10:12:54 PM »

It could be still worse Flange', "Star Trek 5: The Special Edition"....The thought alone is enough to keep me awake at night...
Hairzilla
« Reply #29 on: July 11, 2001, 10:49:07 PM »

Actually, my fellow 'zillian, ["Maybe it's because Godzilla is inside all of us..."] it's interesting that you mention both 'Trek's one and five, because my thoughts are pretty much exactly the opposite of yours this time. Having just recently seen 'Trek one on TNN ["They've got pop"...whatever the heck that means!] I have to say that, despite it's dangerously high "suck" levels....JOHN TESH IN A MAJOR ROLE....I thought that the idea of our old "Voyager" space module reappearing as a self aware, and potentially dangerous, being was kinda cool. And this was before incredible films like Robocop or Terminator ever came out.....WHOA! Did I just get a flash of inspiration! I've gotta hit the "Comic book movies" thread again...
Pages: 1 [2]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Movies (present or recent) that have been milked dry « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.