Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 12:22:47 AM
714425 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7742 Members
Latest Member: KathleneKa
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Most Overrated Actors Today « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Most Overrated Actors Today  (Read 7324 times)
Master Blaster
« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2004, 01:19:29 PM »

I think you'll have some support there. I've heard alot of people bash Tarantino. Personally I like his movies, but as an actor he can get annoying.
blkrider
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2004, 07:19:05 PM »

I like his movies okay, but he seems annoying as a person, as do his most rabid fans.
BlackAngel
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2004, 04:02:34 AM »

Hallie Berry.  She was a good actress and won a Emmy for playing Dorathy Danidge (I think).  But after she "felt good" winning the Oscar in Monster's Ball,  she was in nothing but crap: Gothika, and especially Catwoman.
---------------------------------
Bulls**t!  I still can't hear you, sound off like you gotta pair.
Rickard0
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2004, 10:15:44 PM »

Denzel Washington - I can;t stand him (except in Training day). In every movie he has the better than you attitude, and to make it worse, he repeats everything, not sure if its teh script or what but here is an example.

Bad Guy: I will kill you!
Denzel: You will kill me?
Bad Guy:  Yes, you are gonna die!
Denzel:  I am gonna die?
Bad Guy: and after you die I will mail your body parts to your parents
Denzel:  Mail my parts to my parents?

Go ahead rent his movies and watch
Master Blaster
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2004, 02:56:21 PM »

I'm behind you on that one. The very mention of her name makes my skin crawl. Deffinately one of the worst.
blkrider
« Reply #20 on: December 13, 2004, 02:58:23 PM »

I don't know what the deal is where actors start making crappy movies after winning the Oscar, but it seems to happen all the time.
Prophet Tenebrae
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2004, 06:52:37 PM »

Tom Cruise.

I don't think there are many films when he isn't carried by his supporting cast or in some cases, special effects and good directing.

Really, the test of a good actor is someone who is versatile - most over-rated characters play the same persona film and again.
Wence
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2004, 09:11:03 AM »

What about Samuel L. Jackson - is he really good enough for STAR WARS?
Does he fit in the new episodes? I think not - I mean they are bad enough without his face.
Master Blaster
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2004, 10:49:05 AM »

I never thought he was a good actor for the role. He just looks to p**sed off. I would have liked Lawrence Fishburn or better yet Morgan Freeman.
markaw
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2005, 01:36:35 PM »

I dont actually know if there overated, but should queen latifah, ll cool j, or drew carey, even be actors?
markaw
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2005, 01:38:18 PM »

should drew carey, LL cool j, and queen latifah. be actors at all?
Madman Marz
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2005, 12:53:20 AM »

These days I think almost all actors are overrated and over paid. The way they get fools to spend 9 bucks to see them act is to make them seem better then they are. They're all a bunch of media whores that get depressed the second they're not the center of attention. If they didn't make it in hollywood they'd be the guy at the bar trying to steal everybodys girlfriends or the chick that gives lap dances at some sleezy strip club.
Ed
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2005, 03:55:28 PM »

I'm surprised no one mentioned Keanu Reeves.  He has one emotion: Dull Surprise. and one character Ted Logan.  

-Ed
DaveMunger
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2005, 07:44:50 PM »

Anyone who's won an award for playing a retarded guy. Man, *I* could do that. It's easier than doing Shatner or Elvis.
JR ORTIZ
« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2005, 10:20:51 AM »

I consider that today's actor and actresses are too overrated. Just mention Tom Cruise, Jack Nicholson and Travolta. Alll no good. They can never be compared with legendaries like Humphrey Bogart or James Cagney. The same goes with actresses. Now, the nunber one overrated actor of all time is Cary Grant. Whoever said that this jerk is the best actor of all time must have been drunk or crazy. Really?
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  Most Overrated Actors Today « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.