Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 11:08:14 PM
714500 Posts in 53097 Topics by 7744 Members
Latest Member: MichelFran
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  They Don't Make Em Like That Anymore « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: They Don't Make Em Like That Anymore  (Read 905 times)
NightFlight
« on: July 22, 2003, 11:00:02 PM »

I just  saw Deadly Eyes last night, and was thinking, would a movie made in 2003          ever elude to a baby  being eaten by rats? NO!!!! That movie was made in 1982, and like many of my favs from the 70's and 80's, they showed some pretty gross stuff.  Movies made today, in my opinion, are so juvenile.  Please.  I wanna see some bad s**t.  What about  Fight For Your Life, I Spit on Your Grave, and Toolbox Murders? And not to mention Herschell Gordon Lewis movies?  These are some of my favorites.  If  anyone out there knows of newer movies that shock like these classics, and don't have LL Cool J  and Tyra Banks as stars, please post.  Cuz I'm sorry, but Jeepers Creepers and Bloody Murder just aren't doing it for me.  I'd rather watch my old movies on DVD anytime.  I'm also a huge Dawn and Day fan.  Thanks, guys, just had to vent.  By the way, anyone know of a chat room where us horror, B movie fans can chat together?

Brother Ragnarok
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2003, 01:09:52 AM »

This is a topic that pops up on here from time to time.  There's a certain quality of grittiness captured in older horror movies.  Something about the locations, the grainy, washed-out quality of the film stock, and the fact that even if the acting is bad, it's still somehow real and believable instead of just...wooden.  Even a movie as goofy as Godmonster of Indian Flats has its atmospheric moments that could never be re-created today.  The scene of the mutant sheep being born just freaks me out for some reason.

Brother R

There are only two important things in life - monsters and hot chicks.
    - Rob Zombie
Rape is just cause for murdering.
    - Strapping Young Lad
The Burgomaster
Aggravating People Worldwide Since 1964
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2003, 06:20:25 AM »

I am a huge fan of 1970s horror. Especially European releases. About 95% of the stuff that they release these days is crap compared to those horror favorites from my youth!

"Do not walk behind me, for I may not lead. Do not walk ahead of me, for I may not follow. Do not walk beside me either. Just pretty much leave me the hell alone."
spikesangel
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2003, 10:40:10 AM »

yeah, i dig the older horror flicks myself.
in those days, movie victims were scared and actually tried to deal with their situations instead of spouting off one-liners and having sex.
and what's up with every horror cast being 15 these days?
the Exorcist was a great movie and everybody BUT the girl was middle aged in that flick.

i dig The Fog.

yeah...

about a chat, Andrew used to have a chat on here...maybe he can be persuaded to bring it back?

..."Tease" - JohnL
JackFlack
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2003, 05:05:29 PM »

Some good old-school horror movies:

Demons and Demons 2.

I'm not talking about the "Night of the Demons" series, but they were ok too I guess (I think I've only seen the first one).

SUPER CLASSIC:  THE PEOPLE UNDER THE STAIRS!
NightFlight
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2003, 11:14:17 AM »

In response to JackFlack, yeah, I love Demons and Demons 2.  Scary s**t.  And what I love about those movies too, is that  they tried to focus  a lot on the survival of the characters, like in Dawn of the Dead.  I like that aspect.  Oh, and the big black guy in Demons 2, probably an unknown, was great! I loved his take-charge attitude.  I think I did see him in another Euro flick, but can't remember which one.  I also agree  that even though in the older movies, there were mostly unknowns, with some poor acting, they weren't all 15 year old actors entering the acting realm hoping to get famous from a horror movie.  Please.  They need to go back to Dawson's Creek.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  They Don't Make Em Like That Anymore « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.