Bad Movie Logo
"A website to the detriment of good film"
Custom Search
HOMEB-MOVIE REVIEWSREADER REVIEWSFORUMINTERVIEWSUPDATESABOUT
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 06:40:12 PM
714536 Posts in 53099 Topics by 7745 Members
Latest Member: Documentkgh
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  DJ's Gratuitous Ass Kissing Post....REDUX « previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: DJ's Gratuitous Ass Kissing Post....REDUX  (Read 1598 times)
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« on: August 03, 2003, 07:29:06 PM »

I posted this message quite awhile back to express how I felt about this board and the attitudes generally displayed here. I think it still holds true, for the most part, even when one of us expresses an opinion that meets with general opposition, such as how much Halloween sucks(no...it really does...STILL.).

Author: Deej (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date:   02-17-03 02:12

DARKWOLF brought up how often people seem to get into fights and putdown contests with people on message boards. I have been to only a few other boards, but this is my first and the only one I attend regularly, so I haven't got much past experience. However, in certain boards and chatrooms, I have been shouted down(typed down?) and been reviled for expressing an opinion that goes against the "group conscience". I was even called a racist for declaring Negro Modello to be one of my favorite beers!!

What I'm getting around to saying(oh, so slowly) is that I appreciate the fact that most everyone here seems to be open to fair exchange of opinions and ideas. I haven't personally recieved any hostility for any of my posts, and haven't seen any on someone else's. Hell, I haven't even been cursed for my oft-expressed opinion that Halloween is crap(it is you know).

So, gosh darn it, I just want to say, Gee, you're all super swell. And if I could, well, I'd hug you(not Evan though).Thanks for your time.

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Scott
Frightening Fanatic of Horrible Cinema

Hey, I'm in the situation room ! ! !

« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2003, 08:09:52 PM »

Hehehehehe . LOL. This board has just the right amount of activity and subject matter.

Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2003, 08:24:10 PM »

I enjoyed the movie very much, I'll admit it is a slow movie but its still a good one, did you have any pre conceptions  before you saw it?

save the world, kill a politician or two.
Deej
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2003, 09:16:53 PM »

Nope, no preconceptions. Just hated it, hated it then, hate it now. But, I love the Billy Jack movies....so what the hell do I know?

Everyone has potentially fatal flaws, but yours involve a love of soldiers' wives, an insatiable thirst for whiskey, and the seven weak points in your left ventricle.

DJ
Fearless Freep

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2003, 09:39:55 PM »

Negro Modello to be one of my favorite beers

It's Negra Modello, one of my favorites as well

=======================
Going places unmapped, to do things unplanned, to people unsuspecting
Dunners
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2003, 10:30:29 PM »

ha ha cute. Eell, each to his own

save the world, kill a politician or two.
jmc
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2003, 01:30:14 AM »

I like this board too....no attitude, generally, no clique mentality, just people talking about bad movies.
Flangepart

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2003, 12:26:09 PM »

True enough, and lets face it, Andrew has little paticence with creeps. I can respect that. Whats the point of flame wars and bad temper....i want that, i'll go watch "Crossfire" or "Hannity and Coombs".
I got enough crap from the work day....what, i need more?

"Aggressivlly eccentric, and proud of it!"
Deena
Dedicated Viewer

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2003, 01:24:38 AM »

I enjoy a healthy disagreement, we are allowed to have different opinions.  As long as everyone disagrees with the idea and not the person, it's all gravy.  Flaming and being a general meanie poop-head is no good though.  I remember there was some political discussion a while back, which some ppl got pretty heated during, but most ppl were respectful and it was pretty interesting (in my opinion), but it was very OT and didn't have a place on this board.  Anyhow, I'll shut it now, cuz I am rambling, I just wanted to post something and oddly enough I haven't seen anything I can add my opinion on lately, I need to think of a sweet ass question to ask or something.

One school year until I'm a professional adult (scary),
Deena

Politics is showbusiness for ugly people
Cullen
Bad Movie Lover

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2003, 02:59:15 AM »

I like this board, too, though there are times when I don't think I make much of a contribution.  Too many smart people, too many people who know as much if not more about certain movies...

So if all you smart folk left, things would be great...

Just kidding.

Really.

Cullen - Super Genius, Novelist, and all in all Great Guy.
DARKWOLF
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2003, 04:36:17 PM »

Hey thanks for remembering what I said Deej. This last weekend I looked on a Reality Tv web site called Tubescan.com ( some of you guys mite know it) boy those people on there has a obession with the Real World Paris. They don't even know these people. They get really mad and cuss at you for not liking these people like there starkers scary.
Pages: [1]
Badmovies.org Forum  |  Movies  |  Bad Movies  |  DJ's Gratuitous Ass Kissing Post....REDUX « previous next »
    Jump to:  

RSS Feed Subscribe Subscribe by RSS
    Email Subscribe Subscribe by Email

Popular Articles
    How To Find A Bad Movie

The Champions of Justice

Plan 9 from Outer Space

Manos, The Hands of Fate

Podcast: Todd the Convenience Store Clerk

Faster, Pussycat! Kill! Kill!

Dragonball: The Magic Begins

Cool As Ice

The Educational Archives: Driver's Ed

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Do you have a zombie plan?

FROM THE BADMOVIES.ORG ARCHIVES
    ImageThe Giant Claw - Slime drop

Earth is visited by a GIANT ANTIMATTER SPACE BUZZARD! Gawk at the amazingly bad bird puppet, or chuckle over the silly dialog. This is one of the greatest b-movies ever made.

Lesson Learned:
    • Osmosis: os·mo·sis (oz-mo'sis, os-) n., 1. When a bird eats something.

Subscribe to Badmovies.org and get updates by email:

HOME B-Movie Reviews Reader Reviews Forum Interviews TV Shows Advertising Information Sideshows Links Contact

Badmovies.org is owned and operated by Andrew Borntreger. All original content is © 1998 - 2014 by its respective author(s). Image, video, and audio files are used in accordance with the Fair Use Law, and are property of the film copyright holders. You may freely link to any page (.html or .php) on this website, but reproduction in any other form must be authorized by the copyright holder.